[Book Spoilers] The Big Surprise

LordStoneheart

It's a bit ironic, when the book explicitly states that giants don't look as the show partrays them.

For me, ASOIAF giants will allways look like this: http://en.amokanet.r...p=1&template=82

Anyway, I'm still very glad to have giants at all in the show. I was fearing they were cut. But I still greatly fear that we won't see any Mammoths. Those would require CGI, and if the showrunners had CGI to spare, they probably would have gone with the Giants-as-Yetis look.

well, we don't really have to see them this season. they can just mention that the giants ride mammoths. jon leaves the main group in a couple of episode anyways so we don't really need to see mammoths until next season's attack on the wall. althought it would be cool to see a mammoth!

Hopefully the mammoths will look as good as the giants and the big siege on the Wall will be sooooo epic. Especially epic if the NW is firing barrels of flaming pitch at them and giants are beating people with tree limb clubs!!!

I am very psyched that they included the Giants in this. It's just one more pure fantasy element that they've added into an otherwise very gritty and realistic story. It really does have something for everyone. :)

Just to show strength I assumed.

Yeah, but how many strong men do you see hammering stuff with their hands on a daily basis just because they are strong? Guess one could argue the giants' skin and tissue is extremely hard and resilient, but meh...

Just having a furry naked giant would probably look more silly on screen. I also think it would be more expensive, as CG fur and hair is difficult to do. Much cheaper to just put a prosthetic on a normal man and enlarge him.

they didnt want to put a naked giant because it would lessin the impact of tormund giantsbane's member

Archived