[Book Spoilers] The Big Surprise

LordStoneheart

I'm worried we wont see any more giants this season cuz the cgi budget will be devoted to showing dragons and direwolves.

But are the giants really CGI? I think those scenes can easily be done by an actor (or extra) working against a blue screen and then simply overlay the giant (appropriately scaled) to the actual scene. It's both cheaper, easier and should look as good if done right. Direwolves might be doable through up-sizing dogs, but giants are much easier as people tend to be better at taking instructions and following a script than animals are.

I LOVED the Giant!! I thought it looked awesome and loved that he was using his hand as some sort of hammer! LOL. Great stuff! The Giants in the books would cost a lot more and let us be fair, on screen they would look rather silly wouldn't they? big giant furry men. I liked that the Giant was just a massive, clothed humanoid, it looked really awesome! I was so excited.

• 4 weeks later...

Glad they included giants, although IIRC giants don't wear clothes they are just furry.

yeah they don't, but still super great that they put them in.

I don't think this was any giant in particular I think he was just some random to introduce them

Archived