[Book Spoilers] So, did Littlefinger recognize Arya at Harrenhal?

Ice Turtle

Pretty sure he recognized her. Show LF is a lot less subtle than in the books, but even so I can understand not telling Tywin. He recognized her - so he had an information nobody else has. All he has to do now is to wait for the right moment to use it. Telling Tywin would be pretty stupid, what would he get out of it? A pat on the back?

I assume that LF recognized Arya, and also that he assumed that Tywin knew who she was and was keeping her close for some nefarious purpose. I don't think it would have crossed his weaselly little mind that Tywin would have Arya as his cupbearer and not realize it!

Pretty sure he recognized her. Show LF is a lot less subtle than in the books, but even so I can understand not telling Tywin. He recognized her - so he had an information nobody else has. All he has to do now is to wait for the right moment to use it. Telling Tywin would be pretty stupid, what would he get out of it? A pat on the back?

I'd rather have a pat on the back from Tywin than get absolutely nothing.

First I have to say that I'm a little disappointed that we never got Tywin's reaction when we learns that Cersei doesn't have Arya, they even made it a topic of few conversations in season 2.

But more to the topic, Littlefinger tells Sansa what could be understood as I saw your sister or your sister is eager to see you. Either way he is telling Arya is alive.

So did he recognize Arya at Harrenhal or is he feeding Sansa with lies, maybe setting foundations for fake Arya plot?

For now I think it's more likely that he is lying (fewer potholes), but I really hope they make it clear in next episodes. What do you think?

I really took that scene to mean that they're setting up the fake!Arya thing a little bit earlier. There was a coy little smile on Littlefinger's face when Sasna asked if Arya was alive, and I don't think he really knows that she is, I think he's just planning on pretending she is.

I don't think he recognized her. It would make no sense to leave her there, even if Tywin was there also. He is just telling Sansa what he thinks she wants to hear. Big deviation from the book though. I don't remember in any of the books that Sansa ever cared to find out anything at all about Arya.

For me he did recognize her, because it would be strange (as it was when I saw it on season 2) if he didn't. As for actions, well I don't think that he could rescue her there. But again, it's LF and it's an adaptation of the books, so anything may come from it.

Are they going to write it so that LF gets the idea of Fake Arya after seeing Arya at Harrenhal? I'm half convinced that he was just bullshitting Sansa.

I also thought that they might be laying the ground for the Fake Arya thing. I can't see what other point it has other than to show that he has more information than the Lannisters who he creates the Fake Arya scheme with. It really can't have much more of an impact because all he would have learned is that Arya was alive at that time and at that place.

For me he did recognize her, because it would be strange (as it was when I saw it on season 2) if he didn't. As for actions, well I don't think that he could rescue her there. But again, it's LF and it's an adaptation of the books, so anything may come from it.

Maybe he sends a spy after her who's killed by the Brotherhood Without Banners? Maybe Sandor Clegane doesn't meet her by chance! Maybe Littlefinger sends him after Arya!! XD

We'll have to wait and see. If he did recognize her, then he realized that if Tywin Lannister cannot recognize Arya under his nose, then he would have no problem claiming Jeyne Poole as Aryato him.

He had bigger fish to fry, he was working on an alliance between Lannister and Tyrells when he saw her. He can't exactly grab her at that point they'd say something to him when he leaves.

I just don't buy this. It's not like she's under Tywin's eye around the clock, and LF is certainly not above abducting a politically valuable child out from under someone else's nose. Do you really think he was that preoccupied with the Lannister/Tyrell alliance that he said to himself, 'nah, I've got enough on my plate, so I'll let this opportunity for a vulnerable and highly prized hostage slide'?

I just don't buy this. It's not like she's under Tywin's eye around the clock, and LF is certainly not above abducting a politically valuable child out from under someone else's nose. Do you really think he was that preoccupied with the Lannister/Tyrell alliance that he said to himself, 'nah, I've got enough on my plate, so I'll let this opportunity for a vulnerable and highly prized hostage slide'?

Arya's not guarded around the clock but the gates of Harrenhall are, after he steals her then what happens? What does he do with her? Littlefinger's teleport ability through Westros does not let him bring a person with him. Is Tywin not going to notice his cupbearer mysteriously disappeared? Word will reach him that LF took her from the guards that let LF through the gates and then Varys little birds will start to sign about how LF found Arya and then she's property of the Lannisters just like Sansa.

LF doesn't see Arya as a political hostage he sees her as a way to try and get Catelyn.

Think about where they are at, Harrenhall. Which is going to be owned by Littlefinger if he can broker the alliance so yes I do think that Littlefinger would let Arya sit there until he can back as Lord of Harrenhall and "owned" her. Now on the other hand if Sansa Stark was a cup bearer to Tywin then he definitely would've taken her when he left dang the risks. He sees Sansa as a daughter he could've had with Catelyn.

Oh and since we know that everyone at Harrenhall was killed *except Qyburn and the word will reach KL that Robb Stark once again controls Harrenhall his plan to simply go back there and "grab her" is not going to work out to well.

It makes sense why Littlefinger keeps his mouth shut. Him informing Tywin gains him nothing. Except an enemy in Cersei. If Littlefinger reveals that's Arya, then Tywin finds out Arya is missing. then Cersei finds out Littlefinger told her father, making him a major enemy in king's Landing. He was probably thinking I'll come back for her. Now this is a long shot, but what if and it's a major if. What if Littlefinger goes back to Harrenhal and makes the deal with Roose for Jamie's freedom? Gaining major points with Tywin? Maybe they will use Littlefinger as the go between with Roose and Tywin for the RW? probably not, but maybe they do.

Archived