[Book Spoilers] Sigil of "House Talisa"

a free shadow

More confirmation from this episode - Harrenhall knew Robb was coming, and the Lannisters are now able to evade him and not give him a fight on the battlefield. Cause Talisa keeps them informed on Robb's movements, duh...

And how exactly she does it?? she uses a cell phone?? How could she hide raven cages? :)

For crying out loud, Talisa is not a spy. What kind of spy acts deliberately antagonistic toward her enemy King? What sort of spy actively helps her enemies soldiers after they have been injured? For that matter, what sort of spy serves as a medic in the first place?

An undercover spy?

I do not give the writers enough credit to believe the theory that Talisa is a spy, but it makes a lot of sense to me.

It does further support this theory:

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=jsTVnZm9hFg

It's a good theory and I suppose it makes sense as in the books the Westerlings are part of the betrayal (an interesting question is how much Jeyne knew about it.). So they'd be combining Jeyne with her relatives. The only problem is it means giving Talisa more screen time.

Also I loved:

"He knows what she is, and doesn't give a shit. Swish"

And how exactly she does it?? she uses a cell phone?? How could she hide raven cages? :)

Tsk, tsk, not all messages are sent by raven, you know... T probably has a contact who has a contact... Ravens could appear any way along the line... or not.

Inconsistent travel times in the TV show have never made much sense anyway so I wouldn't say explaining how it happens matters much to the writers. See teleporting Littlefinger last season for example. It is curious as to who she would have been writing if not the Lannisters, since we haven't seen anyone else traveling with her and she hasn't mentioned any other friends, allies or companions here in Westeros. And most people in Westeros can't read. Someone had to deliver the letter she wrote to it's intended destination though, whether it was innocent or not.

Regardless of whether Talisa is a spy or not, we do know that the Lannisters have a spy in Robb's camp, Tywin says as much in season 2. So spies informing Tywin on what Robb is doing neither confirms nor supports that Talisa specifically is a spy. I never liked the Jeyne to Talisa change, but if this theory were true at least it would give a more interesting reason for the change. Unfortunately it is more likely that the writers were just sloppy with some of the inconsistencies that seem like "clues" and others are just circumstantial at best.

For crying out loud, Talisa is not a spy. What kind of spy acts deliberately antagonistic toward her enemy King? What sort of spy actively helps her enemies soldiers after they have been injured? For that matter, what sort of spy serves as a medic in the first place?

Talisa told her story in episode 8 last season. That is who she is.

Even if the theory is bunk, your ideas of what normal spy behavior is, is pretty off. Maybe you should read some espionage novels.

Just to be clear, Ran has come on one of these many silly threads recently and stated emphatically that Talisa is exactly what she appears to be. She is not a spy. So let's shut this down (until the next thread pops up and it has to be debunked again).

So, we're not allowed to theorize because some random poster who "has more show contacts" says so? F that..

So, we're not allowed to theorize because some random poster who "has more show contacts" says so? F that..

Well Ran is hardly a random poster. You may not be aware of the fact seeing as your new but he does, ya know, run this website. And he's frequently in touch with the show runners.

Having said that he's not omniscient, so he may or may not have insider knowledge of Talisa's identity.

I found Ran's quote, but no supporting evidence to suggest that it is a fact rather than an opinion:

The video is taking a bunch of sloppy writing choices and spinning them into something that was not intended. Seriously, Talisa = Talisa, she's not a spy, a honeypot, a mole, an agent provacateur, or anything of the sort. She's exactly what she says she is.

That being said there are other clues from the actress that she is not a spy in this interview:

Simone Boyce: What do you think is the biggest difference for your character from book three compared to season three?

Oona: "I think probably the main difference is probably the genuineness of her feelings towards Robb. This woman just loves him and the love grows deeper and deeper as she understands him more, she just..."

Of course I wasn't really aware of any lack of genuineness with Jeyne's feelings for Robb in the book, but anyway...

Oona gives a few more quotes in another interview:

Talisa and Robb have the only love story on "Game of Thrones" that hasn't been tainted by political gain, murder or incest so far, and Chaplin said that's why she loves their relationship so much. "It's so pure," she said. "I think the audience will really root for the couple even though it has its consequences."

She added, "[Robb and Talisa have] just a really lovely, romantic, solid love story that you want to get behind and you want to work out, that's the main thing.

Of course that interview does have the key words so far when in regards to not being tainted.

Richard Madden has said many things about this season that give no indication that his role is ending in episode 9. Sophie Turner, who has read the books, makes comments about her hopes to get reunited with Robb and Catelyn and the rest of her family. Kit Harrington has said Jon would never break his Night's Watch vows.

So it's not like if the big surprise of the season was Talisa is a spy and traitor was true that Oona would do anything to hint at that before hand.

Sorry but My theory is way better

Talisa returns to volantis(shes highborn after all) with the unborn child of Robb after the red wedding, a few seasons will pass and Dany will make her way to volantis finally ready to cross the narrow sea, upon arriving she will be greeted by Illiryo with information on the final piece to her Iron throne puzzle, an heir to winterfel, Talisa meets with Dany and adds some volantis soldiers to her Khalasar and crosses the narrow sea the north supports her since Talisa and the son of the king of the north is verified by the last mormont sister.

Sorry but My theory is way better

Talisa returns to volantis(shes highborn after all) with the unborn child of Robb after the red wedding, a few seasons will pass and Dany will make her way to volantis finally ready to cross the narrow sea, upon arriving she will be greeted by Illiryo with information on the final piece to her Iron throne puzzle, an heir to winterfel, Talisa meets with Dany and adds some volantis soldiers to her Khalasar and crosses the narrow sea the north supports her since Talisa and the son of the king of the north is verified by the last mormont sister.

This would deviate substantially from the books (unless Jeyne is carrying Robb's heir). I don't think D&D would want to go that far away from the original source. Having Talisa be a spy is actually a lot better for the show than for Jeyne to just be a lordlings daughter. The people that only watch the show watch it from the perspective of today, not the perspective of someone in Westeros. In Westeros what Robb did was a very bad thing, a king should not go back on his word. That wouldn't translate well onto the screen. A spy who works to undermine the North from within however translate splendidly.

This would deviate substantially from the books (unless Jeyne is carrying Robb's heir). I don't think D&D would want to go that far away from the original source. Having Talisa be a spy is actually a lot better for the show than for Jeyne to just be a lordlings daughter. The people that only watch the show watch it from the perspective of today, not the perspective of someone in Westeros. In Westeros what Robb did was a very bad thing, a king should not go back on his word. That wouldn't translate well onto the screen. A spy who works to undermine the North from within however translate splendidly.

And that spy is

Roose, the man who kills Robb

In the books i thought it was pretty clear that 1.)Jeyne had finally gotten pregnant and 2.)the person Jamie sent with edmure back to Casterly Rock was not Jeyne. Thus the change to having that character be from Volantis. Its a long term change that changes the origin in order to make the destination work out nicely. It gives the show a chance to explain some of the customs from across the narrow sea(slaves with tattoos) while giving a nice little bow tie on the end game with Dany.

I agree, plus a spy is always disposable so...

The other gentleman named below cannot be a spy, he would perhaps be a turncoat and a source of information, Deep Throat, if you will, but not a spy.

I had a huge problem with them getting married in the Light of the Seven. I was mad at the writers, producers, George's oversight, etc. Now, it makes more sense. She's Jeyne and her mother rolled into one, and a Lannister cousin to boot. Only with dark hair...

Great video.

Someone from Volantis couldn't memorize a simple marriage vow?

She might be a plant, but I really hope not. I just makes it simple reductionism where every plan and scheme hatched by the bad guys works brilliantly and the heroes are hapless fools.

Archived