[Book Spoilers] Sigil of "House Talisa"

a free shadow

You have all been fooled, Talisa is actually working for the Greyjoys, sent out by Balon and Osha. Osha is hinting at this in season 2 with these lines:

"Anything with a cock is easy to fool" -well she obviously knows how to fool and seduce men

"They wont even know we are there" -she seems to know a lot about the stark forces communication with the North castles, she obviously has a spy close to Robb.

it makes alot of sense if you think about it, Iron Islanders probably raided Essos and one captured Talisa as a salt wife, she was then offered freedom in exchange for working as a spy and was taught basic medicine skills by the maester at pyke.

Also, Talisa starts to approach Robb after theon has captured Winterfell. So she obviously knows about it and sees it as her chance to seduce Robb when he is sad and looking for comfort.

see how easy it is to take certain lines out of context, as well as certain coincidences and use it as "evidence" for your theory?

Well, you make an interesting point Tadco26.

Can't we all just agree that the TV character makes no sense, and that if this spy story is true it only serves to make the character worse? LOL. (I know we can't j/k)

Ok. I agree. Talisa sucks and the sooner she is gone the better. Either way the way she is written is awful- spy or no.

Ok. I agree. Talisa sucks and the sooner she is gone the better. Either way the way she is written is awful- spy or no.

Well i wont argue with you on that one, but honestly Jeyne Westerling was not that interesting of a character either and her romance with Robb was pretty dull and felt like a cheap Romeo and Juliet plot. Personally i dont like Robb Stark as a character that much, he is not that developed nor complex so its quite hard to make any love story that involves him interesting, at least they tried something different in the series.

And we havent really gotten to know Talisa yet, she only had a few lines in season 2 so there might be more to her character than we think. If there is one thing the ASoIaF series has taught me , it is to never judge a character too early. I mean, i used to think that Jamie Lannister was the worst Seed in westeros, that the whole story was ruined when Ned died and it took a long time before i started to like Jon Snow and get involved in his storyline, to me he was just "that guy who always whines about being a bastard and that serving in the night watch was not what he expected it to be" during the first book.

Wouldn't it be cool if Talisa killed Catelyn? :leaving:

Personally I think she'll play a part in pursuading Robb to leave Grey Wind chained up outside... Not realising that the plan is to dispose of her as well.

Tormund: stop talking about this theory as if it was already a fact. the "hes not going to fail wiithout our help" is just another way of saying "He wont lose a battle unless we defeat him" lol, dont read too much into it. Do you remember how Tywin mockingly dismisses all Spy reports in the same scene? that kinda contradicts the Talisa theory doesnt it? if Tywin had a spy who got information directly from Robb he would probably take it seriously.

Have you read any of what I said, or just skimmed it? I said that if she is a spy Tywin's gonna be playing her close to the chest. The only ones who know that she is a spy are Tywin and Roose (maybe). So why would we he be all like "Oh well we should definitely believe any spy reports we hear because I have a super secret spy myself"

Also I don't see how I'm talking about it as if its a fact. Its a theory that I believe in but of course I realize its not true until its proven so.

yes, roose knows Robb pretty well, but he knows him as a boy who tries to follow Neds path and "always do the right thing", so it would be contradictary to predict him to break his oath to walder frey.

Roose also knows that Ned "fathered" a bastard. (Am I allowed to say I believe in the R+L=J Theory and not accept it as fact?)

i think they just wanted to "expand" the world by introducing a character from volantis. I also think they wanted to introduce the character and establish the romance earlier, and since Robb doesnt invade the Westerlands in the second season they couldnt do the westerlings story, so when creating the character they took the chance to introduce the viewers to Volantis and the other slave citys (Talisas childhood story) as a foreshadow to Dannys story in s3

They do invade the Westerlands. Roose goes with him instead of the Greatjon. In fact Talisa goes with Robb TO the Westerling's castle.

Tywin says "We have underestimated the Stark boy for too long, his men worship him and as long as he keeps winning battles they will believe that he is King in the north, you have been waiting for this boy to fail, but he is not going to fail, not without our help".

it means that they basicly cant sit around like idiots and keeping walking into his traps if they hope to win battles, we have to take initiatives and not let robb dictate the fighting anymore. They are talking about battle strategy not tricking the boy into falling in love with a spy to upset the freys and then have the freys kill them at the trident, those kind of complex meta-plots only work in Harry Potter, again how would Tywin know that Robb will fall in love with their Spy. Can he see into the future? Explain to me please because it doesnt make sense. Remember that Tywin dismisses everything that the spies Reports in that scene, why would he do that if he knew their spy was talking to robb personaly and was about to marry him?

I've already explained this as well. Talisa was sent first and foremost as a spy ordered to get close to Robb. All that she knows is that she has to get close to him and report to Tywin. As far as Tywin is concerned her primary objective, the entire reason he put here in place, is to report on Robb's plans.

A bonus is that while she's close to him she might just happen to fall in love with him. Tywin literally can't lose in this scenario. She only reports back to him; great he now knows all of Robb's plans. She reports back and she falls in love with him; even better. He now has something he can use. He has an affair or a bastard with her? Discredit his honor or get the bastard as a hostage. He marries her? Outstanding. He now has pissed off the Frey's who are a strong ally, not because of their troop numbers, but because of their bridge. When sending Talisa in Tywin still expects that he must beat Robb in the field unless he gets lucky.

When I go to Vegas and gamble I know that I'm still gonna have to go back to my job. However sometimes you get lucky and win the jackpot and you're set for life. Tywin bet on Talisa and Robb and he hit the jackpot.

In the books the RW was planned out by the Lannisters, Freys and Boltons after they found out that Robb had married Jeyne, why would it have to work out differently in the TV-Series? there is no need for Talisa to be a spy. The fact that Robb and Talisa are genuinly happy togheter makes the Red Wedding more tragic.

Wouldn't it be more tragic to find out that Robb threw it all away for nothing? That he went through all of this for a girl that was secretly his enemy? Also my theory doesn't say she is faking being in love with Robb; she is very much madly in love with him.

Personally I think she'll play a part in pursuading Robb to leave Grey Wind chained up outside... Not realising that the plan is to dispose of her as well.

This.

again how would Tywin know that Robb will fall in love with their Spy. Can he see into the future?

Put a young hot girl next to an emotional horny young guy in a stressful situation and 87% of the time (for all the HIMYM fans out there) they're gonna be doin' the no pants dance.

I saw an interview with Oona where she said a major change from the book is her earnest feelings for Robb in the show. But then I was watching this hilarious commentary and at about 2:10 Michelle Fairley says something like get away from her she's evil, which could just be a joke or offhanded comment but I thought it was quite interesting.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Ufu9ekQmMI

I saw an interview with Oona where she said a major change from the book is her earnest feelings for Robb in the show. But then I was watching this hilarious commentary and at about 2:10 Michelle Fairley says something like get away from her she's evil, which could just be a joke or offhanded comment but I thought it was quite interesting.

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=6Ufu9ekQmMI

haha that commentary was hilarious, i love how relaxed they sound and that theyre making fun of everything. Both Nikolaj and Michelle have wonderful voices, Nikolaj really sounds like Jamie even when he is not in character lol

I think the most tragic scenario here is that Talisa is a spy then she sincerely falls for Robb but keep spying without knowing that the RW is going to happen and she also gets murdered so she wouldn't bear a Stark heir.

I think that is the scenario Lord Tormund and I are proposing.

Archived