[Book Spoilers] Sigil of "House Talisa"

a free shadow

Elephant, tigers, what's the difference....

Ran really think she's not a spy, she hasn't hinted at being a spy in the media/interviews, but there's still no 100% proof that she isn't. Not to mention, if she is a spy, the last thing she'd do is hint at it in a magazine unless she wants to get in serious trouble. Hell, why not act like it's the greatest love story ever told (it isn't). But critics don't get any more than the first four episodes, so...I'm not sure any poster on here knows for a fact. Also, you can't always trust stuff that cast and crew say in interviews. The Walking Dead cast and crew had a big conference earlier in this past season where they talked about the future of their characters, and so much turned out to be total BS.

I personally don't think she is....even though I really, really want her to be. The YouTube video is interesting and I have noticed the letter thing, even the first time it was aired...it seemed really obvious that they wanted viewers to realize she was writing a letter. And then Arya steals a letter. I thought it was odd and seemed purposeful. And Talisa's little joke about how she's a spy to Robb and "oh yeah, I'm writing that 'the young wolf is on the move'" thing also seems suspicious to me. There's a lot of nonsense in it though that can be explained by other things - such as Talisa just being nervous around her new crush's mother, and mostly just sloppy writing, like Ran said. If the writers are really this clever I will be shocked......they don't really do mystery plots...

Someone from Volantis couldn't memorize a simple marriage vow?

She might be a plant, but I really hope not. I just makes it simple reductionism where every plan and scheme hatched by the bad guys works brilliantly and the heroes are hapless fools.

It might not have worked... Quite. She might have genuinely fallen for Robb.

Whatever she is, I just hope she is what she is for a reason. I don't necessarily think she's a spy, though I consider myself a part of the camp believing she'll replace the fake Arya portion of the story. If she dies at the RW in her current incarnation, I'd be pretty deflated. After all the time/energy spent on her, it would seem rather anticlimactic.

And, it looks like two tigers circling one another to me, as well.

Someone from Volantis couldn't memorize a simple marriage vow?

There is no problem with her being able to memorize a simple vow, but it is at the very least questionable writing since Robb doesn't worship the seven and it is unlikely someone from Volantis would either.

How do you mean? No Northman should care for her as herself.

yeah it is hard to imagine that working.

Nobody would believe that she was Arya, they are no where close to the same age, and a good portion of Robb's bannermen don't like her. It doesn't make sense that they would accept a foreigner as the rightful heir to the north, even if she was briefly married to Robb.

The thread title should probably be edited since it isn't marked as spoiler and there are alot being discussed here.

I'm kind of on the fence here. I think that at the very least it would salvage a boring character into someone interesting and if we take Talisa as a combination of all the Westerlings it wouldn't technically be any more of a deviation. The thing is I just don't know that D+D are clever or subtle enough to put those hints in. And even if they are I don't think they'd want to, because they've shown a complete aversion to subtleties (R.I.P Littlefinger) so far. So I don't know that all those "hints" in that video can necessarily be taken as such.

Nobody would believe that she was Arya, they are no where close to the same age, and a good portion of Robb's bannermen don't like her. It doesn't make sense that they would accept a foreigner as the rightful heir to the north, even if she was briefly married to Robb.

The thread title should probably be edited since it isn't marked as spoiler and there are alot being discussed here.

For the record, the idea is

Not that they try to pass her off as Arya but that they use her position as Robb's widow to add some legitimacy to Ramsay's hold over Winterfell.

Edited.

And while I am also doubtful of Talisa Bolton story working, I still like BoB having that idea.

Even if she is a spy I don't think she will be named Jeyne Westerling. If she really has a different name it would likely be Talisa (or Jeyne or some other name) Lannister just like Alton Lannister was used instead of Cleos Frey for Jaime's cousin's name. Or she could be a spy/traitor who really is named Talisa Maegyr. Or as likely is the case none of the above and the clues are all just sloppy writing and coincidence.

For the record, the idea is

Not that they try to pass her off as Arya but that they use her position as Robb's widow to add some legitimacy to Ramsay's hold over Winterfell.

I get that, I just question how much Northerners many of whom don't like the fact that Robb married her (see Karstark's comment about Robb taking that "foreign bitch" with him to the Crag), would consider Talisa as in any way a legitimate heir to Winterfell. If Jeyne Westerling was considered the heir to Winterfell in the books then wouldn't the Lannisters marry her off to Bolton instead of doing the fake Arya plotline?

There is no problem with her being able to memorize a simple vow, but it is at the very least questionable writing since Robb doesn't worship the seven and it is unlikely someone from Volantis would either.

Making it a simple matter of location and timing, no?

Btw, I found the marriage very weak in the books so I can see why these things come up

It does further support this theory:

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=jsTVnZm9hFg

I actually think a rotten severed foot would be a more fitting sigil. :P Jokes aside, as others have said, this video was mind-blowing. In most of Talisa scenes last season I got a feeling she was acting in a nervous, awkward way...seeing all these awkward moments put together one after the other really gives credit to the spy theory...great job :-)

Well most people would not say wedding vows based around a religion they didn't believe in just because of location and timing.

People go to Vegas and find the nearest officiant. For whatever reason, Robb decides to marry her then and there so you find someone to perform the ceremony

I don't see how her wanting to be married by the Seven would make her less suspicious if she is supposed to be from Volantis

Well. I hate what they did with the Talisa thing... BUT... IF she is in fact a spy, better yet, a Lannister... I will be very happy and some faith will be restored in the adaptation. I can handle an amalgamation of a few related characters such as Jeyne and her mother... But some random sassy chick from Volantis... meh. This thread has given me an itty bitty bit of hope.

Archived