[Book Spoilers] Biggest laugh of the episode?

SORCERY!!

Ah... also Sam's scene. I laughed because it sounded to much like "You had one job!".

HAHAHAHA that was my exact thought! I was disappointed that Jeor didn't actually say "YOU HAD ONE JOB," though, but it's just as well, because I would have died of laughter if he had.

Reddit's all over it.

Gleeson is just so money as Jeoff. Every line is delivered so perfectly, he's always hilarious.

Likewise, I'm hoping we get some Lancel next ep. Dude KILLS it. He's supposed to be grievously wounded though, I'm wondering how they're going to play that.

Melisandre winding up Davos made me laugh for some reason. Carice is so good I was all, "oh you bitch! You nastay..."

Doesn't change the fact that MOST people space out and don't pay attention to every last detail. Whether it's because they're tired and zone out for 10 seconds, or because they're with friends/family and someone says something, or it's because an accent is hard to understand, etc.

A little bit off topic, but Tywin's and Tyrion's accents are one of the easiest to understand. I am a non-native speaker, and I sometimes have problems understanding some of the accents, for example when Ygritte, Dolorous Edd or Robb speak. Never had that with any of the Lannisters.

A little bit off topic, but Tywin's and Tyrion's accents are one of the easiest to understand. I am a non-native speaker, and I sometimes have problems understanding some of the accents, for example when Ygritte, Dolorous Edd or Robb speak. Never had that with any of the Lannisters.

The Lannister's are all speaking the Queen's English which is the standard accent and I guess the most clear. It's probably the type of English accent that gets the most exposure abroad. Whereas the Northern characters tend to speak in well... northern accents. Or Scottish in Robb's case.

Slave trader and his translator, no contest.

"Tell the old man he smells of piss."

"Truly, master?" Hahaha

On the topic of accents: it's why I prefer to watch shows and movies with subtitles on. Even in my mother language I tend to miss out on bits here and there, especially if there's background noise or other distractions going on.

The Lannister's are all speaking the Queen's English which is the standard accent and I guess the most clear. It's probably the type of English accent that gets the most exposure abroad. Whereas the Northern characters tend to speak in well... northern accents. Or Scottish in Robb's case.

Does anybody else really like how the accents get thicker and thicker up north, with the wildlings having the thickest?

Does anybody else really like how the accents get thicker and thicker up north, with the wildlings having the thickest?

I really think it is a good idea to differentiate between characters with the accent according to where they come. It is also enough noticeable for the foreign viewers, I noticed that all the Starks have a similar accent, for example. The trouble is, the thickest accents are hard to understand.

Also speed is a factor Tyrion and Tywin are pretty sedate whereas Ygritte speaks quite fast, Dolorous Ed mumbles and Robb is... Scottish!

Oh, yes. And that's a good way to help the audience with the different settings. I really came to love those accents. First, it was Sean Bean with his Yorkshire accent, and I like the Lannisters using RP (i.e. received pronunciation).

In the German version I noticed that only Shae has an accent - quite thick, but it lessens every new season.

On topic: I thought that the dinner scene was really hilarious.

Ah... also Sam's scene. I laughed because it sounded to much like "You had one job!".

I thought this, too! You had ONE JOB, Tarly. ONE JOB.

Also, am I the only one who found it funny when Cersei said to Joffrey (at the dinner, regarding the riot) "You are your father's son"? I mean, since the charade is still going on that Robert is Joffrey's father, and Robert was a pathetic king, I found it to be such a clever, under the radar diss.

Oh, yes. And that's a good way to help the audience with the different settings. I really came to love those accents. First, it was Sean Bean with his Yorkshire accent, and I like the Lannisters using RP (i.e. received pronunciation).

In the German version I noticed that only Shae has an accent - quite thick, but it lessens every new season.

On topic: I thought that the dinner scene was really hilarious.

continuing with the off topic stuff... I've never noticed a difference in peoples' accents based on where the characters are from. I'm a native speaker, but I'm American and wasn't strong with understanding strong British/Scottish accents for a while. I can now, but I still can't really tell them apart other than "Oh, Robb talks differently than Tyrion". If they truly are different accents based on where they're from in the show, that's really cool.

I thought this, too! You had ONE JOB, Tarly. ONE JOB.

Also, am I the only one who found it funny when Cersei said to Joffrey (at the dinner, regarding the riot) "You are your father's son"? I mean, since the charade is still going on that Robert is Joffrey's father, and Robert was a pathetic king, I found it to be such a clever, under the radar diss.

I actually took it the other way, that she reminds him that he is in fact not Robert's legitimate son. She adds "We can't all have a king's bravery", and Robert was by all accounts brave to the point of overconfidence. Jaime on the other hand, while a skilled swordsman, has the reputation of a craven kingslayer.

I actually took it the other way, that she reminds him that he is in fact not Robert's legitimate son. She adds "We can't all have a king's bravery", and Robert was by all accounts brave to the point of overconfidence. Jaime on the other hand, while a skilled swordsman, has the reputation of a craven kingslayer.

I do not think she was trying to remind him of that. Joff is not even supposed to know Robert is not his father, Cersei wants to hide it from him. He believes he is Robert's trueborn heir.

"Because the truth is usually either terrible or boring."

Ummm, that was funny?

Oh that makes a lot of sense as well!

Archived