[Book Spoilers] Biggest laugh of the episode?

I actually took it the other way, that she reminds him that he is in fact not Robert's legitimate son. She adds "We can't all have a king's bravery", and Robert was by all accounts brave to the point of overconfidence. Jaime on the other hand, while a skilled swordsman, has the reputation of a craven kingslayer.

Jaime has the reputation of an oathbreaker, not a craven. He may be the most recklessly brave character in Westeros.

I would bet you a golden dragon that Lena Headey and Peter Dinklage ad-libbed that line.

So clever Dave and Dan had to leave it in.

Lena hasn't read the books and I don't think Peter has either. So, that doesn't really make any sense.

For me, lots of humor, but I love the way Joffrey struggles to say "charitable". It's like he is trying to consider what the word even means as he is saying it, and failing. Beautifully acted by Gleason.

I did not find it funny (I thought it rather sad, really), but it made me think how fond Shae is of ruining other people's games. The drinking game in the first season with Tyrion and Bronn, anybody? It somehow connects Sansa and Tyrion.

Totally out of place in a humor thread; that's actually a really interesting observation. Will have to reflect on that -- thanks.

I have to say, after reading this thread:

1) I need to re-watch, badly. (I had a group of people over and definitely missed some details).

2) This has to be one of the funniest (in a good way) Thrones episodes ever. So much comedy gold.

I do not think she was trying to remind him of that. Joff is not even supposed to know Robert is not his father, Cersei wants to hide it from him. He believes he is Robert's trueborn heir.

You guys are probably right. Reflecting again on her two lines, they do make sense as simple irony, making light of Joffrey's timid nature compared to either of his potential fathers.

I have to say, after reading this thread:

1) I need to re-watch, badly. (I had a group of people over and definitely missed some details).

2) This has to be one of the funniest (in a good way) Thrones episodes ever. So much comedy gold.

I've watched this episode 3 times already, and some parts for a 4th time. That's more than the last 5 episodes of season 2.

Everyone has mentioned some really good ones.

One quick little HAHA my daughter and I had was Tyrion grabbing the axe for Cersei's visit. I don't think I've seen that one mentioned here, I did laugh at that as soon as I saw it.

No one else found the giant pounding a stake in with his bare hands and Ygrette mentioning something about him doing it to a man when angered funny?. Giant as the Hulk- "Dont make me mad. You wouldnt like me when Im mad"

I enjoyed that Jofferey at dinner scene quite a bit, and got the distinct impression he had a completely different and far more offensive word in mind and had to force himself to use the word charity instead.

Every time that Joff is in a scene with the Tyrels where he has to pretend to be nice, they heed to have his voice overlayed on the scene so we can hear his inner thoughts. I would love to know what he is thinking with his twisted mind during those scenes.

1. Everything Brin says to the KG. Bron in general, I really love how he is always in rage mode. His On- and Off-switch is stuck in "On" and I love it.

2. Joffrey´s struggle with finding a word fitting to describe Magery´s good deeds. Like he doesn´t even have the word "nice" in his vocabulary. :D

"At what point does it become treason to waste the king's time?"

I love how Joffrey was trying to be witty in front of Margaery, and in his mind that was just hilarious.

And Roose talking to Karstark. How incredibly loyal both of those men turn out to be.

HAHAHAHA that was my exact thought! I was disappointed that Jeor didn't actually say "YOU HAD ONE JOB," though, but it's just as well, because I would have died of laughter if he had.

Reddit's all over it.

That would have been my favorite part too. Although Tormund was a close second.

I like Shae better in the show than in the books, because she is such a brat in the books. Although I'm wondering how this will relate to other events in ACOK, because (trying to not spoil exactly) conflict!!

Archived