[Book Spoilers] Qyburn

Was anyone as excited to see Qyburn as I was, even though he only appeared briefly? Gotta love the evil doctor. If they play their cards right, they could really make him creep up on the audience as a seemingly good, innocent soul and slowly drop hints something's off about this guy, until he starts helping Cersei and doing the awful things he did in the book (if they keep them) until people go 'ooh Robb you should've just killed him!'

I wonder how they'll explain his origins now that he's not with the mercs though. He's certainly not a Northman.

Was anyone as excited to see Qyburn as I was, even though he only appeared briefly? Gotta love the evil doctor. If they play their cards right, they could really make him creep up on the audience as a seemingly good, innocent soul and slowly drop hints something's off about this guy, until he starts helping Cersei and doing the awful things he did in the book (if they keep them) 'ooh Robb you should've just killed him!'

I wonder how they'll explain his origins now that he's not with the mercs though. He's certainly not a Northman.

Maybe show Qyburn is a Northman and he, along with Ramsay, can give some sort of foreshadowing of the future Northern cruelty: cannibalism, human sacrifice and the like. Sort of "The North can breed this"

Well my guess is that since they put him there as a survivor and introduced him, there's a chance that they will follow his story as in the books,but again we never know. We maybe have a better clue if we see more of him in the next episodes.

i completely forgot that we were going to see Qyburn in season 3, so i was really excited about that brief introduction. What i assume is going to happen is Robb will leave Roose Bolton at Harrenhall and Robb will head to Riverrun and the characters will be back on track with the books.

I think that he might get built up as the new Luwin - until the layers start getting peeled back.

On a meta-level, I think that we have seen him this early so that Roose Bolton has somebody to talk to.

I doubt that we are going to see much of Qyburn in season 3. He will treat Jaime's stump, of course, and there might be time for some conversation when he accompanies Jaime and Brienne to KL, but that's it.

But it's good to introduce him this early, so they can slowly build him towards his role as Varys' successor on the council, and creepy monster-maker in the dungeons.

Considering that they seem to highlight the Cersei-Margaery rivalry in the coming seasons, they might give the bitch fight much more space when it comes of AFfC, but they also have to give us some of Cersei's yes-men. Introducing Qyburn is a good first step in that direction.

i completely forgot that we were going to see Qyburn in season 3, so i was really excited about that brief introduction. What i assume is going to happen is Robb will leave Roose Bolton at Harrenhall and Robb will head to Riverrun and the characters will be back on track with the books.

Think you may have hit the nail on the head there, hopefully Robb leaves him there at the end of the next episode so he can get on with betraying him

As for Qyburn, i liked his intro, was a nice surprise as i had completely forgotten about how they would introduce him!

I knew Qyburn was cast but didn't expect him to appear so soon, but it makes sense with the Brave Companions cut. He can easily be introduced as the maester of Harrenhal.

I'm sure I read somewhere Vargo Hoat was going to be in Season 3. I don't know,

Jamie still has to get there and get his hand cut off

or maybe he will be another Ser Dontos, you never know.

That's very true. It all depends on whether Qyburn ends up accompanying Jaime & co. back to King's Landing or not.

I'm sure I read somewhere Vargo Hoat was going to be in Season 3. I don't know,

Vargo Hoat is gone. They've replaced the brave companions with a Roose Bolton hunter named Locke who no doubt has a bunch of extras following him instead of the weirdoes of the brave companions. Unfortunately this means that Rorge and Biter aren't likely to be among them. But I like that they might show up later.

Archived