New Title sequence - just keeps getting better

Moët

I'm already looking forward to

Braavos

thought I will need to wait few seasons for that.

Was Pentos shown in season 1?

Pentos was, yes. Just checked the titles of S1, Ep 1.

But, fuck, yes, Braavos is going to be awesome. Not just the title scene but the actual CGI of the Titan and the canals and stuff.

Bah, season 3 has just started and now I'm longing for Cat of the Canals.

They should only use places that are actually going to appear in the show for each title sequence. There was no WInterfell, no Wall, which makes it weird.

I think The Wall represents everything north of it, since there really are no permanent encampments, including Craster's, as I'm sure he'd move if he needed to. The Nomadic spirit embodies everything and everyone north of The Wall.

As for no Winterfell, I don't think I could stand that, since the story pretty much begins there (well... after the White Walker business....), and the story is still anchored with The Starks. :crying: And yes.... the Heart Tree is still there. :love:

I think The Wall represents everything north of it, since there really are no permanent encampments, including Craster's, as I'm sure he'd move if he needed to. The Nomadic spirit embodies everything and everyone north of The Wall.

As for no Winterfell, I don't think I could stand that, since the story pretty much begins there (well... after the White Walker business....), and the story is still anchored with The Starks. :crying: And yes.... the Heart Tree is still there. :love:

i was suprised the heart tree didnt burn also, i guess the old gods are rlly out there lool

They should only use places that are actually going to appear in the show for each title sequence. There was no WInterfell, no Wall, which makes it weird.

Just like in season 2, Castle Black represent the NW and everything north of the Wall, and Winterfell represent the Starks, as long as there is a Stark alive, Winterfell will be there, just like Pyke represented Greyjoy last season and was shown even though we leave the Iron Island by episode 5

If they do show the transition to the Dreadfort, that's going to be a kind of awkward as far as syncing it to the music I think. It's close to winterfell, as far as the way they do this map. Unless they do it after the Wall, but I think the Wall is always the last part of Westeros we're supposed to see before going onto Essos.

I'm already looking forward to

Braavos

thought I will need to wait few seasons for that.

Was Pentos shown in season 1?

I'm looking forward to it too, definitely. I hope they do it justice though. It needs to be ALL canals.

And of course, I was just expecting to not see Winterfell at all since no one is there anymore, but the ruins and the smoking heap instead of the Stark sigil was just terribly sad. But very effective.

I guess Winterfell is still there because of its thematic importance this year. "It's not dead, just broken. Like me."

I am wondering whether we will see

Queenscrown

I echo the sentiment about Braavos! Clockwork Titan rising out of the cliffs should be spectacular!

As for the Wall - that's where everyone is trying to get to anyway: Jon, Sam and Bran. So it is important that it stays.

I liked the smoking Winterfell touch, but I'm kind of unsure why it was there at all, given that none of the episode took place there. I guess just because it always has up till now, and is a crucial location to the story as a whole...

I just wished

Highgarden

was included in the title sequence, too, since the Tyrells will play a big part on the story this season

even though no scene was taken in the Reach.

:ohwell:

Best title sequence on tv.

:agree: And the music is epicness - gives you a feeling of excitement.

Archived