[TV Spoilers] "Dark Wings, Dark Words" - Promo thread.

Loras

So 'Game of Thrones' has returned after what seemed like years. All of our deliberating about the promos is over. Or is it?

Back in the days of 'LOST' - how I miss it so - one of the ways to get through the week was to deliberate over the promos and look at what would be in the next episode.

So, why not do the same for 'Thrones'?

Here is the youtube link to the promo:

It looks like we will be seeing another healthy dose of Natalie Dormer's Margaery Tyrell in the next episode. She seems to have a scene with Sansa and a scene with Joffrey. Diana Rigg looks amazing as the Queen of Thorns!

I am also sure that I spotted Mackenzie Crook's Orell, who seems to have just finished warging. "What did you see?" Asks Mance.

Meanwhile; Arya, Bran, Jaime and Brienne return. How grown up does Isaac sound?

I'm guessing that we won't be seeing any Dany in the next episode as she isn't featured at all in the promo. I wonder what else is going to get cut to fit in all of the other storylines?

I like how spread out it feels, and that they're not cramming things in for the sake of having the character appear. I hope in this episode we see Robb hand over command of Harrenhal to Roose, with Qyburn staying as well.

And Brienne vs Jaime looks FANTASTIC. And the introduction of the Reeds will be fun to see.

The more Tyrells the better, as far as I'm concerned. They're my favourites. But I know a lot of non-readers who thought the premier was boring because half the scenes were of "new" (season 2) characters that they don't really care about instead of Bran, Arya etc, so I am a little worried about how all these Tyrell scenes are going to be received.

I am glad they no longer feel the need to cram all the characters into each episode. It makes for longer, better scenes for all the characters.

The Jamie/Brienne fight looks amazing! Can't wait!

I like how spread out it feels, and that they're not cramming things in for the sake of having the character appear. I hope in this episode we see Robb hand over command of Harrenhal to Roose, with Qyburn staying as well.

And Brienne vs Jaime looks FANTASTIC. And the introduction of the Reeds will be fun to see.

Yeah that was a great thing about the first episode, I now feel like our characters in Astapor, Beyond the Wall, Dragonstone and King's Landing are all ready to go. Now we need to have the other characters similarly set up.

It looks like we will certainly see quite a lot of Robb in the next episode. He has a scene with Talisa where he is interrupted by somebody and there is also the scene with Karstark. I certainly think we will get Robb leaving Harrenhal in this episode. Does he know about Bran and Rickon yet...?

I'm worried about the Brienne/Jaime fight - I really don't rate Minahan's action sequences at all.

The more Tyrells the better, as far as I'm concerned. They're my favourites. But I know a lot of non-readers who thought the premier was boring because half the scenes were of "new" (season 2) characters that they don't really care about instead of Bran, Arya etc, so I am a little worried about how all these Tyrell scenes are going to be received.

I think that this worry will be gone by the end of the next episode. Arya is a fan favourite so I expect she will get significant screentime in the next episode.

The QoT looks brilliant. I wonder if that will lead into the scene from the trailers of Margaery and Joff with the crossbow?

The next episode will probably be the continuation of new character introductions/build ups, so more Tyrells and Mance on the way. Finally the BWB and my fav Arya. Looking forward to meet the Reeds, also.

As GRRM has stated, the first four episodes are setup, so we won't really get rolling until episode 5. However, I was quite pleased with episode 1 and am looking forward to episode 2:

1. I love Dormer as Marg and I love how she is making her presence felt (even Cersei is threatened). She is wrapping Joff around her sexy little fingers. I love her delicate aggression, as it is change from the books that I can believe in,

2. Can't wait for the Queen of Thornes. She is magnificent in the books and looks great here.

3. Can't wait to see Jaime's face when Brienne takes it to him.

4. I hate the growing dissent in the Northern ranks caused by Cat but being perpetuated by Roose. This is another change from the books, but this is much better having Rickard Karstark manipulated by Roose this way. I would think that was Roose who interrupted Robb and Talisa.

The title would imply that Cat and Robb hear the rumor/lie about the deaths of Bran and Rickon in this episode. A raven must bring some news of something horrible.

Actually, that is a really good point.

Could there be a theme to this episode of delivering a message? Some book spoilers below...

• Sansa Stark delivers the truth about Joffrey to Margaery and Olenna.
  • In the preview we see Orell delivering Mance the message about 'dead crows' - presumably the aftermath of the Fist of the First Men.
  • The Reeds are messengers sent to Bran by the three-eyed crow.
  • Brienne of Tarth is tasked to deliver a message to King's Landing.
  • I'm assuming that Robb and Cat will be delivered some bad news in this episode.

Am I clutching at straws here or is there a pattern?

Who do we think will not be featured in this episode?

I saw Grenn and Edd pulling Sam away. Hopefully thats what I think it is!

I wonder if this will turn out to be foreshadowing for...

Them leaving Sam behind at Craster's Keep?

ahh and it would be cool if we see the wildlings find dead bodies all over the place to show how severe the battle was at the fist of the first men

Would be nice, probably will happen, would be nice if they find one alive. :)

I think this is better than show the battle, I mean we knew how severe it was in the books because of Jon.

Ah man, OP takes me way back. RIP Lost. Those first three seasons were so amazing and had so much potential... shame what they did with second half of that series. :/

But it's actually quite hilarious that OP mentioned Lost. Giving that the show is introducing a character called John Locke(I know, the Lost character is named after a famous real life person but still) and that the show supposedly remove the name of "The Others" due to wanting to avoid any possible confusion between this show and Lost.

This episode is going to contain 7, maybe 8, of the 10 storylines going on:

-KL: A scene with Tyrion and Shae, according to the summary. And scenes with Joffrey, Margaery, QoT and Sansa, at least.

-Jon: some stuff at the wildling's camp.

-Sam: I don't know what exactly.

-Arya.

-Bran

-Jaime and Brienne.

-Robb and Cat.

-Theon? (maybe).

That's quite a lot. Instead, the first episode had 6 storylines:

-Sam (not much, so it's good that he appears in the next episode)

-Jon (same as Sam)

-Rob (same as Sam and Jon)

-Davos/Dragonstone (a decent amount, so it shouldn't appear in episode 2)

-Dany (same as Davos/Dragonstone)

-KL (a decent amount, but this location will appear in all the episodes, I assume).

I quite like how the pacing of the storylines is going so far. However, I don't know why so many people insist that it's so different than in season 2. The first episode of season 2 also had 6 storylines (plus one shot of Arya). The second episode of season 2 had 6 storylines as well (less than this season).

Archived