[TV Spoilers] "Dark Wings, Dark Words" - Promo thread.

Loras

this is an excellent idea. i hope they do this. never really thought about it but coming from a place of trying to shock the viewer who hasnt read the books, its great. only thing i would say is they should atleast reveal somehow it is ramsay bolton doing the torturing, the bastard son of roose. otherwise the viewer is just watching some random guy they dont know torturing a dude with a bag over his head.

this is an excellent idea. i hope they do this. never really thought about it but coming from a place of trying to shock the viewer who hasnt read the books, its great. only thing i would say is they should atleast reveal somehow it is ramsay bolton doing the torturing, the bastard son of roose. otherwise the viewer is just watching some random guy they dont know torturing a dude with a bag over his head.

Yeah I have no problem with Ramsay being introduced/involved in the torture, but I really think concealing "Reek's" true identity is absolutely the way to go. Some non book fans could probably put two and two together, but then half the fun is having your theories proved correct.

Is it just me or is the show Robb majorly annoying? I found the scene with Karstark ("Have you lost faith in our cause") irritating - maybe it is Richard Madden, maybe not, but the show Robb is coming across as too cocky for a son of Ned Stark...

I am thinking TV-only viewers might not even feel all that bad about the RW and will see it as something they all had coming

Is it just me or is the show Robb majorly annoying? I found the scene with Karstark ("Have you lost faith in our cause") irritating - maybe it is Richard Madden, maybe not, but the show Robb is coming across as too cocky for a son of Ned Stark...

I am thinking TV-only viewers might not even feel all that bad about the RW and will see it as something they all had coming

I much prefer TV Robb to book Robb, but TV Robb IS well... Whiney. Originally they marched South for Ned, and now it comes across like he thinks he deserves the exact same respect Eddard had because he's his son.

Still needs to be earned love.

Then again, he's gorgeous to look at and listen to in interviews... :wub:

I think that Ramsay wont be revealed until the RW, by then he will be known as Boy or other name. For Theon i think we will seem him tortured or smth like that, his identity will be hard to cover, see Barristan Selmy as an example. I also believe that Robb and Cat will find out about Bran and Rickon and we will get more of Roose.

My main concern is that Roose isn't coming off as creepy enough, like when he saw the butchered soldiers at Harrenhall he look angry/horrified, Roose would of probably respected the mountain's decision and nodding approvingly or something.

Even in the books he's not as mad as his bastard, he even tells him to have more precaution when showing off his mad personality.

Actually what i felt in that scene was a glimpse of what is to come from Bolton, he had that stare after telling Karstark that the best hunters are after Jaime ...

Actually what i felt in that scene was a glimpse of what is to come from Bolton, he had that stare after telling Karstark that the best hunters are after Jaime ...

:agree: And this is also the impression i get when re-watching Roose's scenes from the previous seasons. I'm really liking this casting for Roose, given his very limited screen time thus far.

:agree: And this is also the impression i get when re-watching Roose's scenes from the previous seasons. I'm really liking this casting for Roose, given his very limited screen time thus far.

Totally. I love how he is mysterious yet creepy. Works very well with that line in the book when he tells Ramsay

No one ever talks about me, when lecturing him on how his 'games' were to obvious.

I can see him rocking that with a chilling calmness.

He's not cocky. He's annoyed.

He has won every battle he's been in. His enemies respond by running away. He doesn't seem be making a lot of progress which frustrates him.

Personally? I'm still a fan of Robb. Common sense tells me that he is going down a dangerous path

(although claiming this when I've read the books doesn't say or mean a lot)

, but a part of me kind of envisions him as a sort of future version of Rickon. A badass Stark, who takes lives first and asks questions later.

He's not cocky. He's annoyed.

He has won every battle he's been in. His enemies respond by running away. He doesn't seem be making a lot of progress which frustrates him.

Personally? I'm still a fan of Robb. Common sense tells me that he is going down a dangerous path

(although claiming this when I've read the books doesn't say or mean a lot)

, but a part of me kind of envisions him as a sort of future version of Rickon. A badass Stark, who takes lives first and asks questions later.

I think that's certainly how they've made him out in the show. All of Arya's scene's last season hearing Tywin talk about the rumours about The Wolf Pup.

I think that Ramsay wont be revealed until the RW, by then he will be known as Boy or other name. For Theon i think we will seem him tortured or smth like that, his identity will be hard to cover, see Barristan Selmy as an example. I also believe that Robb and Cat will find out about Bran and Rickon and we will get more of Roose.

Lol, ;) He is revealed much earlier than that buddy, believe me.

Yes, because Ned would definitely arrest his mother, break his oath to the Freys, and just generally act like a petulant child, wouldn't he? Robb and Catelyn are bad characters. That isn't just me comparing them to the book versions - that's my opinion as a viewer.

What was your opinion of Robb in the books then? He breaks his vows to the Freys and keeps his mother prisoner in the books too.

If anything, the show is focusing less on Robb as a brilliant tactician and more on him as the Boy King that was thrust into power and can't quite handle the politics. I really don't see anything wrong with that because it's more or less the exact same flaw Robb had in the books.

Here is what will happen:

Word arrives about the death of Hoster Tully

Word arrives about the death of Balon Greyjoy (EDIT: Stannis and leeches scene needs to happen first, ideally)

Word arrives about the destruction of Winterfell and the "death" of Bran & Rickon

Thing is he isn't a Bolton (yet) and TV viewers know that one of Robb's generals sent their bastard son to Winterfell. So if they reveal that this man doing the torturing is the son of said general TV viewers would automatically assume it's Theon being tortured since he was the one who was supposed to bring Theon to King Robb.

But then again...

Back in the days of 'LOST' - how I miss it so - one of the ways to get through the week was to deliberate over the promos and look at what would be in the next episode.

"Those were the days, my friend.

We thought they'd never end.

For we were young.

And not afraid to die."

What was your opinion of Robb in the books then? He breaks his vows to the Freys and keeps his mother prisoner in the books too.

If anything, the show is focusing less on Robb as a brilliant tactician and more on him as the Boy King that was thrust into power and can't quite handle the politics. I really don't see anything wrong with that because it's more or less the exact same flaw Robb had in the books.

In the books, Robb broke his oath to save the honour of Jeyne Westerling; in the show, he deliberately broke his oath because he didn't want to marry a Frey for a ~stupid bridge~.

In the books, Catelyn allows Edmure to arrest her and tells Robb to execute her. But he doesn't. In the show, he's angry with her and arrests her for "betraying" him (despite him betraying her first by refusing to do what he promised - win back his sisters).

I am sooo ready to see the Brienne/Jaime fight. What I saw on the preview for the next episode she's better with a sword than I EVER imagined. Now I realize just how weak Jaime is from being held captive for so long. I'm stoked about Bran and the Reeds as well. If Bran keeps growing at this rate they will need a wheel barrow to haul him around in. I'm in love with the show and deeply obssessed with the books. This is my first post by the way. It's hard to find friends who have read the books and it's great to get to actually discuss things without ruining the show for anyone.

Archived