[TV Spoilers] "Dark Wings, Dark Words" - Promo thread.

Loras

God damn it, will they ever let Arya kill somebody?

She did, in S1Ep10.

Speaking less literally, I agree her facility with murder has been heavily de-emphasized from the books and I hope and expect we'll see her going to town on someone (Polliver probably?) in that fateful scene at the Inn, probably in S4.

I am sooo ready to see the Brienne/Jaime fight. What I saw on the preview for the next episode she's better with a sword than I EVER imagined. Now I realize just how weak Jaime is froim being held captive for so long. I'm stoked about Bran and the Reeds as well. If Bran keeps growing at this rate they will need a wheel barrow to haul him around in. I'm in love with the show and deeply obssessed with the books. This is my first post by the way. It's hard to find friends who have read the books and it's great to get to actually discuss things without ruining the show for anyone.

Yeah same here. I LOVE the books. They are better than the show. That being said, I can't remember ever looking forward to a TV show like this.,

She did, in S1Ep10.

Speaking less literally, I agree her facility with murder has been heavily de-emphasized from the books and I hope and expect we'll see her going to town on someone (Polliver probably?) in that fateful scene at the Inn, probably in S4.

You mean episode 1x08?

Here is what will happen:

Word arrives about the death of Hoster Tully

Word arrives about the death of Balon Greyjoy (EDIT: Stannis and leeches scene needs to happen first, ideally)

Word arrives about the destruction of Winterfell and the "death" of Bran & Rickon

But then again...

I could be wrong, but I think they will skip the leeches/fire scene. It is instrumental foreshadowing in the book, but is it really necessary? I don't know.

I could be wrong, but I think they will skip the leeches/fire scene. It is instrumental foreshadowing in the book, but is it really necessary? I don't know.

Ooh, that's tricky. In the books it was instrumental foreshadowing but in the TV series... I dunno. In the books I though she'd finally had a massive cock up and that Stannis was about to kick her out of his service and it'd be revealed she was a fake... I was slightly wrong about that. I think they'll probably have it just because its a good scene and its some nice foreshadowing to end one episode on.

Really?

Honestly, the more he appears in the show the more I look forward to the RW... D&D have butchered the character beyond repair.

I'm just pathetically hopeful that he'll get better before the inevitable.

I really hope Arya gets her "Is there gold in the village!!" scene. I wanna see her go to town on someone in the Inn (just make it someone who was at Harrenhal, have her whisper to the Hound that she recognizes him as so-and-so who was torturing them, maybe a cheesy flashback). She needs to begin her dark murderous journey.

Also, the fight choreography is very "meh", IMHO. Then again, no movie sword fighting looks good once you know what real swordfighting looks like.....

That won't be a problem for non book fans though. Unrelated, we saw Jamie's fight with Brienne in the trailer, surely that means

we see Jamie's hand get cut off at the end of the episode? In the book that happened in the same scene.

No, I bet that'll be episode 3. For this episode we'll get the leading to the fight, the fight and

being captured, with the first bit of interaction with the Vargo replacement

Either way, I can't wait!

In the books, Robb broke his oath to save the honour of Jeyne Westerling; in the show, he deliberately broke his oath because he didn't want to marry a Frey for a ~stupid bridge~.

In the books, Catelyn allows Edmure to arrest her and tells Robb to execute her. But he doesn't. In the show, he's angry with her and arrests her for "betraying" him (despite him betraying her first by refusing to do what he promised - win back his sisters).

:agree: with this so much!

I will only add that in the books Robb not only did not imprisoned Catr but he publicly absolves her of any blame acknowledging that he had also made mistakes out of love. Book Robb at least wasn't a hypocrite while show Robb is parading the bride for which he threw away a political alliance in front of his bannermen while keeping his mother imprisoned.

That's not really saying much but the part about a scene that takes a new spin on Cat sounds really interesting. Maybe she will start to become the vengeful person before she transforms into UnCat, probably after hearing that Bran and Rickon have been murdered. That would make her transition to that character alot easier to comprehend for those who don't read the books.

:agree: with this so much!

I will only add that in the books Robb not only did not imprisoned Catr but he publicly absolves her of any blame acknowledging that he had also made mistakes out of love. Book Robb at least wasn't a hypocrite while show Robb is parading the bride for which he threw away a political alliance in front of his bannermen while keeping his mother imprisoned.

To be fair, in the book, Robb mainly pardons Cat in public so she has no recourse about him marrying Jeyne.

But I don't want to get into a book!Robb vs show!Robb debate, it's been done to death.

I really hope Arya gets her "Is there gold in the village!!" scene. I wanna see her go to town on someone in the Inn (just make it someone who was at Harrenhal, have her whisper to the Hound that she recognizes him as so-and-so who was torturing them, maybe a cheesy flashback). She needs to begin her dark murderous journey.

Also, the fight choreography is very "meh", IMHO. Then again, no movie sword fighting looks good once you know what real swordfighting looks like.....

Arya won't get that far this season, that scene at the Inn will happen in season 4

Yeah it's not completely necessary, would just be cool to show how deep Stannis has gone into the fire God stuff.

Really loved the promo and I'm happy that we will have Olenna in it because I have the feeling that I will love Diana Rigg playing her character. I also like that we will see more of the wildlings and Mance, because despite the criticism about his difference comparing to the books, I still think that the show Mance can be cool as well.

Ooh, that's tricky. In the books it was instrumental foreshadowing but in the TV series... I dunno. In the books I though she'd finally had a massive cock up and that Stannis was about to kick her out of his service and it'd be revealed she was a fake... I was slightly wrong about that. I think they'll probably have it just because its a good scene and its some nice foreshadowing to end one episode on.

I really hope that we see the burning leeches on the episode, because it will be nice for the non-book readers to have some foreshadowing of the coming events.

The leeches scene will be in and not in this episode but later. The season 3 trailer is prove of it. And it can't be in episode 2 because

Stannis needs to get Gendry first. But don't get me wrong, but why didn't Stannis use in the books his own blood?

Archived