[TV Spoilers] "Dark Wings, Dark Words" - Promo thread.

Loras

I have a feeling the latter part of this season is going to be pure cliffhangers and WTF moments, so they need the time to set those things up.

I think you're right. The showrunners have said that the first two eps are slow, while the back eight are basically one big, crazy set piece after another, which makes sense, given that we'll be seeing all kinds of crazy stuff this season:

Dracarys; mutiny at Craster's; the Hound vs. Beric; Jaime losing his hand; the Theon/Ramsay setup and Ramsay reveal; climbing the Wall; Jaime/Brienne vs. the bear; Yunkai; Tyrion/Sansa wedding; Red Wedding; possibly Purple Wedding, although that's looking less and less likely; and so on

and the reviews for the first four have borne that out (most of them saying that the first two are pokey setup but still enjoyable, while 3x03 and 3x04 are awesome and amazing and a lot happens).

I like all the quiet character work that we get in the show. I am certainly looking forward to the Tyrell breakfast sequence.

I hope that we get a significant portion of Catelyn in this episode. She is one of the anchors of this show and was sadly underused last season.

Which characters do you think will be missing from the episode?

I think Dany and Davos will be missing. Probably Theon as well if you count him.

I prefer this style; leaving out certain storylines for an episode or so to focus and develop other characters and stories for longer.

If they don't put "The Bear and the Maidn Fair" like they didn't put Dorniahman's Wife i will be angry.

Don't get your hopes up. The dinner scene takes place outside, whereas in the books it took place in the Red Keep which Olenna knew was full of hidden spies. So why would she need anyone to sing over their conversation if she knows there are no hidden spies around?

I like all the quiet character work that we get in the show. I am certainly looking forward to the Tyrell breakfast sequence.

I hope that we get a significant portion of Catelyn in this episode. She is one of the anchors of this show and was sadly underused last season.

Which characters do you think will be missing from the episode?

This is the episode where Cat's character is pretty much assassinated. I'm dreading all Robb/Catelyn/Talisa scenes at this point - D&D have completely destroyed the Northern arc.

This is the episode where Cat's character is pretty much assassinated. I'm dreading all Robb/Catelyn/Talisa scenes at this point - D&D have completely destroyed the Northern arc.

Yeah, I am trying to hold judgement on that one until I see the scene with my own eyes. Cat really isn't the same character that she was in the books anyway, they have given a lot of her insight to other characters.

The one thing that I am damn sure of is that Michelle Fairley will knock it out of the park whatever happens. She is really engaging on screen, so I am happy as long as we get plenty Cat.

As for Talisa, I hope that we spend some time in this episode addressing the elephant in the room - Robb breaking his solemn vow to the Freys and the consequences of that.

I can't wait to meet the Reeds!! And more Natalia Tena!

I'm excited for more Tyrell stuff. I love them in the books and we don't get POVs with them, so these bonus scenes are great.

I am hopeful for the buildup of the wildlings and Mance, because I was a bit let down by them in the pilot.

I'm actually glad they're showing more Robb because (BOOK SPOILERS)

the more we see of him, the more upset non-book reading viewers will be for the RW!!

I'm actually glad they're showing more Robb because (BOOK SPOILERS)

the more we see of him, the more upset non-book reading viewers will be for the RW!!

Really?

Honestly, the more he appears in the show the more I look forward to the RW... D&D have butchered the character beyond repair.

Really?

Honestly, the more he appears in the show the more I look forward to the RW... D&D have butchered the character beyond repair.

Man, I hate to agree, but ... I agree. Robb is basically just Richard Madden's beautiful face fanservice to me now. :drool:

I can't wait to see the Sansa Margaery Olenna interaction. Sophie Turner and Natalie Dormer seem to have really it off off screen so they should have a great understanding on screen and both of them have really been praising Dianna Rigg who will hopefully live up to the expectations

Also want to see Arya and the BWB which should be very entertaining

I can't wait to see the Sansa Margaery Olenna interaction. Sophie Turner and Natalie Dormer seem to have really it off off screen so they should have a great understanding on screen and both of them have really been praising Dianna Rigg who will hopefully live up to the expectations

Also want to see Arya and the BWB which should be very entertaining

Ran (or was it someone else?) was disappointed about the Queen of Thorns in the show, so yeah, I'm hoping she at least lives up to my expectations. :P

Really?

But that is because you are a book reader. My friends who only watch the show consider him Ned Stark 2.0 and they are going to be so piss off when the RW happens.

But that is because you are a book reader. My friends who only watch the show consider him Ned Stark 2.0 and they are going to be so piss off when the RW happens.

Yes, because Ned would definitely arrest his mother, break his oath to the Freys, and just generally act like a petulant child, wouldn't he? Robb and Catelyn are bad characters. That isn't just me comparing them to the book versions - that's my opinion as a viewer. Plenty of other characters are different without being butchered (e.g. Cersei, Margaery, Shae, and even Varys are all different from the book versions without necessarily being worse).

I'd expect Theon's story will be shrouded in mystery for a large part of this season, otherwise why leave his fate so uncertain at the end of the last? It might even be that we see a man with a bag over his head, referred to only as "Reek" throughout the season, whose true identity is not revealed till the season finale. Its what I'd do.

this is an excellent idea. i hope they do this. never really thought about it but coming from a place of trying to shock the viewer who hasnt read the books, its great. only thing i would say is they should atleast reveal somehow it is ramsay bolton doing the torturing, the bastard son of roose. otherwise the viewer is just watching some random guy they dont know torturing a dude with a bag over his head.

Really?

That won't be a problem for non book fans though. Unrelated, we saw Jamie's fight with Brienne in the trailer, surely that means

we see Jamie's hand get cut off at the end of the episode? In the book that happened in the same scene.

Archived