Ghost/Jon parted ways

Mulled Wino

My guess (hope) is that this sets up Jon warging. This will make it more obvious that Jon is warging to the TV audience - they know Ghost is with the NW, so how can Jon "see" what's going on with the NW? Oooooh! Also, I like the symbolism idea I've seen posted, that it shows Jon's heart is still with the NW.

I think it's pretty obvious in the show that Quorin Halfhand forced him to become a spy.

It was obvious, but that was way back in last season and before he gets to know and appreciates the Wildlings. Without getting inside his head, the show is going to have to (or should) employ lots of different tactics to convey the complexity of his feelings about the situation WRT his loyalties, sympathies, etc. Especially once he and Ygritte start up in earnest. Maybe I'm over thinking why they have Ghost with the NW. Maybe it was just for the Sam saving scene or for some badass Ghost scene in a future episode.

My guess (hope) is that this sets up Jon warging.

That's a neat thought too!

I posted this same gripe on another post,in season 2 i felt they diminished Ghost and Jon's relationship,so it totally bugged me that he was not with Jon.That is BS its like they are separating them.

I hope they prove me wrong.. but I have a feeling that the only obvious occurrence of Warging from a Stark will be that of Bran. Arya hasn't exhibited any yet and neither has Jon. From a tv perspective, they probably feel that if every Stark kid had the Warging ability it might come off as too gimmicky.

We did see Ghost wander away and disappear in Season 2. So he probably returned to the Fist. Maybe he'll follow Sam, or maybe he'll disappear and meet Jon and the Wildlings before they climb the wall, and Jon will impress them by being buddy with a direwolf. Who knows.

Dont recall him wandering away. He's the worst direwolf warg partner ever.

Although, following show-buffoon jon wpuld prob get him killed as mentioned.

Dont recall him wandering away. He's the worst direwolf warg partner ever.

Although, following show-buffoon jon wpuld prob get him killed as mentioned.

He does appear at the fist of the first men sniffing around and later when Jon first go with Qhorin when he ditched Jon in spite of the later calling him back.

Poor wolf, probably knew what was coming and thought Jon's moronic antics were going to cramp his style :P

Really? Because in the books it was because

Ghost couldn't climb a wall

. On tv it was because.........maybe you can answer that for me, since you think it was a good solution.

I think it would look kinda stupid for the wildlings + Jon to reach the bottom of the wall just to have Ghost helplessly look up at them as they climb... At least now he'll follow the NW back to Castle Black and be there when Jon arrives, possibly even serve as a device in 'capturing' Tormund so that he doesn't die in the battle.

Only thing I didn't like about it was that Jon is going to miss a lesson or two about warging that are important, but I guess he'll still have the connection with Ghost (perhaps even see the Craster's Keep episode through Ghost) while the wolf is still on the same side of the Wall

Just copy what I wrote in other thread

Am I the only one who thinks Ghost staying with the NW is not a bad change?

In the books he didn't do anything, actually Ghost separates from Jon before the cave scene, only to return after Stannis offers Winterfell to Jon. Staying with the NW we may see him kick some wights ass on the way to Castle Black, and (in a way) show that part of Jon stays with his brothers all along

Really Ghost will dissapear in ep 5 (unless "Kissed by fire" is NOT the lord's kiss) and won't come back untill ep 10 of season 4. Keeping Ghost with the NW is a change for the better IMO

I think it would look kinda stupid for the wildlings + Jon to reach the bottom of the wall just to have Ghost helplessly look up at them as they climb... At least now he'll follow the NW back to Castle Black and be there when Jon arrives, possibly even serve as a device in 'capturing' Tormund so that he doesn't die in the battle.

Only thing I didn't like about it was that Jon is going to miss a lesson or two about warging that are important, but I guess he'll still have the connection with Ghost (perhaps even see the Craster's Keep episode through Ghost) while the wolf is still on the same side of the Wall

Why is that stupid? Makes the decision even tougher for jon. Instead ghost is just some charitable direwolf that protect all members of the nw?

This goes back to how ridiculous the qhorin halfhand choosing Jon storyline is in general. Why take jon, a bumblint fool wothout ghost? Jon got smacked around by craster, called a shitty steward by mormont etc. then he gets selected for a super important ranging where they specifically tell ghost to take a hike for.

Why is that stupid? Makes the decision even tougher for jon. Instead ghost is just some charitable direwolf that protect all members of the nw?

This goes back to how ridiculous the qhorin halfhand choosing Jon storyline is in general. Why take jon, a bumblint fool wothout ghost? Jon got smacked around by craster, called a shitty steward by mormont etc. then he gets selected for a super important ranging where they specifically tell ghost to take a hike for.

No one told Ghost to take a hike, Jon was calling out to him the entire time (why he wouldn't respond is besides me)

I didn't like that he wasn't there either, especially since I always thought him a factor for Wildling acceptance. A warg crow walking into camp with a wolf by his side would be much more acceptable by the free folk as one of their own.

My post was just regarding the change and how I justify/accept it. There is no difficult decision for Jon by then that Ghost could alter at that point.

No one told Ghost to take a hike, Jon was calling out to him the entire time (why he wouldn't respond is besides me)

I didn't like that he wasn't there either, especially since I always thought him a factor for Wildling acceptance. A warg crow walking into camp with a wolf by his side would be much more acceptable by the free folk as one of their own.

My post was just regarding the change and how I justify/accept it. There is no difficult decision for Jon by then that Ghost could alter at that point.

Follow u loud and clear. Agreed.

They really missed out on (1) Jon using Ghost to avoid sleeping with Yigritte and (2) the wildlings recognizing him as a wrag and so starting to really develop the storyline. I hope D&D have a reason for separating them so early and not just the fact that they didn't know what to do with Ghost

OMG! Exactly. Ghost needs to be there, all the time. But I'm bad, Jon is my favorite character,& I complain about this all the time I can't imagine GRRM would let D&D take Ghost out of the story. Last season I said that they should use the money they spent for all of whore house scenes, on the real stuff, like Ghost. He can't develop as a character w/out him.

It is really odd to have Ghost just abandon Jon for seemingly no reason. It would seem that if the wolf can sense how Jon is feeling, he might notice that Jon is in a spot of bother at the minute. But he's clearly far more in tune with Sam's troubles.

Why even have him show up then anyway? He's not even needed to save Sam the way they did it either because Mormont was there 3 seconds later to set the White alight.

Maybe they are trying to answer the question of why he wasn't around for the fight with the Halfhand at the end of S2, when he was conspicuously absent. Why not just leave him missing and show up when Jon needs him on the show and have us wonder what he might be doing, rather than be confused by what he actually is doing.

Thank you, they didn't have Ghost find the Dragonglass cache in season two,they left out him ripping Qhorin Halfhand's throat,and left him completely out of the wildling scene with no reason as to why he would leave Jon and stay with Mormont and the others who are going to get slaughtered at Craster's keep.So what's going to happen? He's going to sit on his hind legs while Mormont gets killed,escape with Sam and Gilly,hook up with Bran and go to the wall with Sam or leave him?I mean how are they going to pull that off?

Archived