Ghost/Jon parted ways

Mulled Wino

Logodnica really hits the nail on the head. Jon being a warg and a powerful one with a one of a kind alter ego(an albino Dire Wolf) really made the Wildlings partial to him. It made his defection seem more plausible as there is no place for his kind South of the Wall. Tormunds attitude was that he does not like Starks but he does like wargs.

Ghost on the show last night was kind of a trip. He was probaly one of the heroes of the battle. Then hes sitting back and watching Mormont like hes one of the boys. Its almost like Ghost is embarassed because Jons not there and Ghosts own behaivior almost makes it more conspicuous. Now that Ghost has bailed out Mormont and his guys hes going to have to track down bonehead Jon and pull his ass out of the fire. Still I guess it buys Jon some goodwill from the Watch somewhere down the road so thats good.

Well, they did part ways later on in the book, and nobody knew where ghost was at that time, so I actually think this is a good solution.

I feel the same way. This is one of the changes I can see making more sense for the show. I wouldn't doubt it Ghost played a big part in Sam surviving in his journey back to Castle Black or at least to Craster's.

Ghost had no business being at the fist. Also his arrival on the scene by feebly tugging at a Wight's leg, was rather pathetic, imo.

Also, where was Grey Wind? Why wasn't he at Robb's side in the Harrenhal scene? It's a shame that the show is diminishing the Starks' connection to their direwolves. Surely once they establish Jon warging they would want the audience to infer the same skill onto Robb.

At this point in the show, 3 seasons in, the direwolves are nothing but pets to show viewers, non-readers are shamefully ignorant of the importance of the direwolves to the Stark children.

I feel the same way. This is one of the changes I can see making more sense for the show. I wouldn't doubt it Ghost played a big part in Sam surviving in his journey back to Castle Black or at least to Craster's.

But what is this now, an anthropromorphic direwolf superhero travelling the seven kingdoms with a mind of its own, leaping in and ripping out throats any time someone is in danger. Or is this an animal that has a specific bond with one human and can feed off his emotion and reacts instinctively etc.

My biggest problem with this, as others have said, is that Ghost is integral to the the wildlings accepting Jon. Would we have bought Robb backing down Greatjon without Greywind fucking him up first? The wildlings try to punk out Jon, and Ghost circling them like some nightmare hellbeast is crucial to Jon backing them off. Now we just have emo-curls Kit Harrington giving them sad-eyes as a response.

I mean, how unconvincing was he in the tent?

That wasn't Ghost it was Ros' new direwolf Wolftits.

100% pure awesomeness. :lmao:

The only thing I could think of for this is because Ghost didn't find the dragonglass last season, it may still be important for sam to become Sam the Slayer, and it is even more important (revealed in future books) that it be found by Ghost.

Other than that, am in complete agreement with most posts and am grumpy at several choices made which depart from the books when imho the changes aren't necessary for budget, aren't more efficient/streamlined and don't improve the story. <_<

Actually they would have saved $$ by having Ghost out for an entire season (following the books storyline), keeping him is not because of budget

Following the books storyline? Ghost was with Jon all the time in the wildling camp in the books. Jon kept him with him at night. Also the wildlings took him for a warg because of Ghost's presence.

Also, where was Grey Wind? Why wasn't he at Robb's side in the Harrenhal scene? It's a shame that the show is diminishing the Starks' connection to their direwolves. Surely once they establish Jon warging they would want the audience to infer the same skill onto Robb.

At this point in the show, 3 seasons in, the direwolves are nothing but pets to show viewers, non-readers are shamefully ignorant of the importance of the direwolves to the Stark children.

Agree. I am really sad we do not get to see more of Greywind, also seeing his reaction to Talisa would probably be a clue as to whether she is a spy or not.

Just copy what I wrote in other thread

Am I the only one who thinks Ghost staying with the NW is not a bad change?

In the books he didn't do anything, actually Ghost separates from Jon before the cave scene, only to return after Stannis offers Winterfell to Jon. Staying with the NW we may see him kick some wights ass on the way to Castle Black, and (in a way) show that part of Jon stays with his brothers all along

Really Ghost will dissapear in ep 5 (unless "Kissed by fire" is NOT the lord's kiss) and won't come back untill ep 10 of season 4. Keeping Ghost with the NW is a change for the better IMO

I couldnt follow anything after, "in the books he didnt do anything".

He saw mance's host, he let the wildlings know that jon is a warg giving him further cred, he gets attacked by orell, helps make jon killing halfhand credible in the wildlings eyes, etc and so on and so forth. Ghost does a lot

Sam should be the warg then....

Well, guys, we have nine episodes to go and to see whether they really parted ways or not.

And I thought about the prologue and Ghost attacking Sam. Perhaps they had Ghost in this scene to show that Sam kind of lost Jon. It adds to Sam's "failure" to send the ravens.

Jon explained ghost that he is goin on mission and told to stay with the watch . the direwolf is very smart and has good understanding.

Did he? When? I am sure Ghost has good understanding of what is happening, but I saw no scene of Jon telling him to stay with the Watch. I actually saw him calling Ghost to come back to him when he left in the last season.

100% pure awesomeness. :lmao:

The only thing I could think of for this is because Ghost didn't find the dragonglass last season, it may still be important for sam to become Sam the Slayer, and it is even more important (revealed in future books) that it be found by Ghost.

Other than that, am in complete agreement with most posts and am grumpy at several choices made which depart from the books when imho the changes aren't necessary for budget, aren't more efficient/streamlined and don't improve the story. <_<

The quoted post is indeed extremely awesome :D

But i still think, Ros will at some point hatch a dragonegg and become queen on the IT in the show

Let's go btt:

Didn't they already find the dragonglass while digging around at the fist in season 2 without Ghosts help?

Imo this bs with Ghost at the Fist ruined the start of the new season for me... I was so pissed at that scene that i spent the rest of the episode just nitpicking at every little difference from the books... (gods, why did they change the Davos scene? I can see absolutely no reason for that...)

What if Jon wargs into ghost during the Caster camp revolution, see's what happens, has some omg the watch needs me but I want to bang this hot red head conflicting moment, then has Ghost return to him after the revolution thus showing his warging abilities to the winding's so they trust him more.

The show hasn't really explained warging yet, I think they are waiting for Jojen to break it down. I think maybe after they've established the lore then Ghost and Jon will be reunited. This I think (and obviously $$) is the reason for their seperation. I don't like it but its the first episode I think it can be fixed.

I bet the explanation of warging may come next episode with the introduction of both Jojen & Orell

I'm going to go with the Ghost has LF's teleportation machine. He will show up and disappear as they show runners see fit and it will make absolutely no sense why they are doing it.

Jon is becoming unrecognizable. Maybe he didn't love his puppy so much after all. :bang:

Archived