[Book spoilers] Bolton/Karstark and Robb Stark at Harrenhal

zaphodbrx

Despite the fact that Robb's wedding is a secret to the public, I think that Stark's bannermen know is enough to make me believe that someone(presumably Bolton) will leake that information if they haven't already. We see Tywin writing a letter when Tyrion drops by for a visit, and even though he doesn't acknowledge it as he does in the book, the camera is very intentional about capturing it for everyone to see. I believe that Tywin is either talking with Bolton or maybe even Walder Frey at this point. This would make things slightly different than in the book, but I believe the end result is the same: The Red Wedding

The 'best hunter' is probably the new character named 'Locke'. However, would Roose Bolton's own bannerman cut off Jamie's arm of his own accord? I find this hard to believe.

Damn, and i was hoping they'd get the guy who played "Biggus Dickus" from Life of Brian to play Vargo Hoat just so I could hear himk say "Kingthlayer"

Wholeheartedly agree, re: the Greatjon. Clive Mantle's absence is such a massive loss to the North scenes. But in a way, perhaps it's a blessing in disguise. I'd only hold Robb & Cat as the chief culprits for his demise, due to their harebrained decision-making in the show. 'Tis a shame. What was supposed to be one of the most shocking and tragic moments in the story has now been undone by HBO's meddling rewrites.

ETA: Realized this was meant for the other thread, but balls to it.

Archived