[Book Spoilers] Book events we expect to see in this episode

Hello everyone! This is my first post, and it'll be horribly brief :-P :

does anyone think we'll see the Hound in episode 2? Too early, I assume? He's my favourite character from the books, and although the tv show hasn't portrayed him faithully so far, I'm hoping this season he will have more screentime and therefore a chance to show more of his complexity. I'm also looking forward to seeing how they handle the Reek storyline...I'm both anticipating it and dreading it!!

PS English is not my first languade, so please pardon my mistakes. :-)

if we do get a glimpse of theon or even of a guy being tortured and us book readers know who it is will it mean we also get a glimpse at ramsey and maybe he can tell theon how he killed his ironmen and burned down winterfell soo book readers know at least one of the boltons betrayed robb , then after in the red wedding episode roose can lie to robb telling him its theon who burned winterfell

Here's just about everything I think will happen:

-Robb leaves Roose Bolton in charge of Harrenhal, partly forgives his mother for freeing Jaime, then heads out to Riverrun

-Arya meets The Brotherhood without Banners after arguing with Gendry

-Jaime manages to get a hold of a sword and fight Brienne, the Brave Companions confront them

-Daenerys gets to know Barristan better, seeks advice from Jorah

-Bran's group meets Jojen and Meera

-Stannis frees Davos from his cell

-Tyrion continues to worry about Shae's safety

-Sansa dines with The Queen of Thorns and Margaery

-Samwell and the survivors of The Night's Watch head back towards the Wall, he kills a White Walker with Dragonglass.

-Theon wakes up in a cell

Hello everyone! This is my first post, and it'll be horribly brief :-P :

does anyone think we'll see the Hound in episode 2? Too early, I assume? He's my favourite character from the books, and although the tv show hasn't portrayed him faithully so far, I'm hoping this season he will have more screentime and therefore a chance to show more of his complexity. I'm also looking forward to seeing how they handle the Reek storyline...I'm both anticipating it and dreading it!!

PS English is not my first languade, so please pardon my mistakes. :-)

I think it's entirely likely that we will see the hound in episode two, and your English is excellent so no worries there!

Balon Greyjoys funeral. The episode title is found in a chapter where some maester says "Dark wings, dark words my lord". And a raven informs for Balons death. I think the Asha/Yara trailer scenes we've seen will come now. As well as some captured Theon action.

Balon Greyjoys funeral. The episode title is found in a chapter where some maester says "Dark wings, dark words my lord". And a raven informs for Balons death. I think the Asha/Yara trailer scenes we've seen will come now. As well as some captured Theon action.

I thought we'd have a burning leech scene before that?

To add to all this I think they're going to try and throw in Roose wherever they can, because show-watchers that I know still don't have any idea who he is, and naturally his identity will be important for the shock of the RW and also so the reveal of Ramsay makes sense, which is going to happen in episode 4...? I also think they will have some scenes of Locke hunting down Jaime, but not finding him yet of course. I'm actually pretty interested to see what they do with Locke now, despite my initial sadness at Hoat being ditched.

Here's just about everything I think will happen:

-Robb leaves Roose Bolton in charge of Harrenhal, partly forgives his mother for freeing Jaime, then heads out to Riverrun

-Arya meets The Brotherhood without Banners after arguing with Gendry

-Jaime manages to get a hold of a sword and fight Brienne, the Brave Companions confront them

-Daenerys gets to know Barristan better, seeks advice from Jorah

-Bran's group meets Jojen and Meera

-Stannis frees Davos from his cell

-Tyrion continues to worry about Shae's safety

-Sansa dines with The Queen of Thorns and Margaery

-Samwell and the survivors of The Night's Watch head back towards the Wall, he kills a White Walker with Dragonglass.

-Theon wakes up in a cell

I'm not sure if we'll have Dany or Stannis in this episode, they may skip them out as there are a lot of other storylines we can see in the promo.We might not get Tyrion either. Not sure if we'll get Sam the Slayer this episode, from the looks of the shot in the promo I'm guessing there might be a bit of a fight between the Brothers and some Wights/White Walkers? Then Grenn and Ed drag Sam away. Their frantic retreat and Sam the Slayer makes more sense in episode 3 as it's titled "The Walk of Punishment".

I don't expect Balon's death this season. I reckon it'll be in the first episode of next season (so they can cast Aeron, Victarion and Euron) to kick off the Kingsmoot-arc if they do that this early.

I don't think we will have the burning leeches... It's too spoilery. Once one king falls, you know the rest are coming... I didn't really pick it up in my first read, but if I had seen it, that would be different. I do think Balon is going to die soon, but I'm not sure he'll get the axe in episode 2.

i think that the title reffers to the news of the Winterfell sack and the death of the stark boys that reaches Rob & Co

probably that will trigger Robb to march back to the north and leave Bolton in charge at Harrenhall

or maybe news of Cat dad is dying and they go to Riverrun

ahh true, The Stannis Leeches. We all already know that he wants them dead anyways, so not sure if we need that one, but It would make sense.

Based on the episode title and hammerfall song I threw together this btw

if we do get a glimpse of theon or even of a guy being tortured and us book readers know who it is will it mean we also get a glimpse at ramsey and maybe he can tell theon how he killed his ironmen and burned down winterfell soo book readers know at least one of the boltons betrayed robb , then after in the red wedding episode roose can lie to robb telling him its theon who burned winterfell

I was also thinking that we may get our first glimpse of Ramsay if we see Theon getting flayed. I don't think there was a casting announcement but I can't wait for my non-book reading friends to get a load of this demented individual. He makes Joffrey look like Kermit the Frog.

I think she'll ask him to send Littlefinger away from King's Landing. We know he has to be gone by episode 3 because that's when Tyrion becomes Master of Coin.

Why by episode 3? How do you know that?

It sounds too early to me. Before leaving King's Landing, Baelish has to inform Tywin of the Tyrell plot to marry Sansa to Willas. So Littlefinger is still there when Tyrion weds Sansa, and schemes with Tywing to marry Lysa Tully in order to get the Vale for the crown. And before that, at least in the books, he hands Jeyne Pool to the Lannisters. but I don't know if Jeyne Pool's been casted, or another character will take her role as future fake Arya. We will see.

Anyway, I doubt he can do all that stuff in just 1-2 episodes.

Why by episode 3? How do you know that?

It sounds too early to me. Before leaving King's Landing, Baelish has to inform Tywin of the Tyrell plot to marry Sansa to Willas. So Littlefinger is still there when Tyrion weds Sansa, and schemes with Tywing to marry Lysa Tully in order to get the Vale for the crown. And before that, at least in the books, he hands Jeyne Pool to the Lannisters. but I don't know if Jeyne Pool's been casted, or another character will take her role as future fake Arya. We will see.

Anyway, I doubt he can do all that stuff in just 1-2 episodes.

I'm predicting that he becomes Master of Coin that episode because of the synopsis.

And there are several other problems: as there's no Dontos, Littlefinger probably won't be the one to learn about the Sansa/Tyrell marriage, and he certainly won't be present at her wedding to Tyrion, as it's in episode 8.

So I'm standing by my prediction that he'll be heading to the Vale by the third episode.

- The small council meeting from Tyrion III, setting up his new postion, the state of the war, and LittleFinger's quest

- Sansa's dinner with the Tyrells (Sansa I)

- Bran meets the Reeds and they join their group after Jojen explains the true nature of Bran's dreams to him

- Jon meets Orell and learns about warging. Mance questions Jon about the NW forces. Ygritte stands up for Jon (Jon II)

- Rob and Talisa question Qyburn and try to make sense of the situation and Harrenhal

- Cat learns of Hoster's death and thus must head to Riverrun. Rob agrees to go to, and leaves Bolton behind with Qyburn

- Jaime and Brienne get into a sword fight (Jaime III)

- Arya, Gendry, and Hot Pie are ambushed by Thoros and and the Brotherhood

- Asha (Yara) mobilizes her troops and learns of Winterfell's destruction.

- Theon finds himself getting flayed by Ramsay Snow.

one thing I really hope for is the Arya scene where she finally - FINALLY - runs into someone (anyone) from Winterfell - Harwin. ... Those were great chapters, including Arya telling Harwin about the scene of his father's death in the King's Landing massacre of the northerners. ....

I doubt it will make the cut, but it was a very powerful couple chapters for me in the books... because all I ever keep wishing - in every Arya (and Sansa) chapter - is for her to find something familiar from home, cling to it, and start heading back north. .... elusive as it always is.

Archived