[Book Spoilers] Book events we expect to see in this episode

From what I've heard, Theon's arc this season is a little confusing to follow, especially if you aren't familiar with the books. But it's brutal to watch, I've heard, which is good :)

Balon Greyjoys funeral. The episode title is found in a chapter where some maester says "Dark wings, dark words my lord". And a raven informs for Balons death. I think the Asha/Yara trailer scenes we've seen will come now. As well as some captured Theon action.

I'm guessing this will be Robb and Cat learning about Bran and Rickon's "deaths", which really should have happened last season.

Does anyone else feel that they're rushing Jaime's arc? Why are we getting the sword fight so early? D and D need to milk the Brienne/Jaime road trip for all it's worth, since they're one of the most entertaining dynamics in the series. And why, oh why, is the bear pit scene in episode 7? I heard it was moved from a later episode. Wouldn't it be far better to put it in say, episode 8 or 9? What are Brienne and Jaime going to do for 6-7 episodes?(Assuming that the Purple Wedding occurs in episode 3 or 4 of season 4)

Damn me ! I couldnt resist those past weeks reading all spoilers from the first 4 episodes, henceforth, I know many things to come... now, it aint the surprise of discovery that awaits me, but the surprise of seing how things I know will happen will happen.

Damn me ! I couldnt resist those past weeks reading all spoilers from the first 4 episodes, henceforth, I know many things to come... now, it aint the surprise of discovery that awaits me, but the surprise of seing how things I know will happen will happen.

Same here! I won't be able to participate in true speculation until episode 5, lol. I mean, I'm sure I don't know every detail, but I know how the major things will go down in episodes 3 and 4.

Hehehe, exactly ! So eager for episode 5 !

And hey ! I'm so listening "Hammerfall - Dark Wings, Dark Words" now ! Not their greatest songs but Hammerfall is definitly one of my fav bands !

Hehehe, exactly ! So eager for episode 5 !

And hey ! I'm so listening "Hammerfall - Dark Wings, Dark Words" now ! Not their greatest songs but Hammerfall is definitly one of my fav bands !

I feel like I'm going to be NERVOUS after episode 4 ... haha ... I feel like reading the books has made me ridic anxious for so many things in this season. Right now I'm just chomping at the bit to get some Theon - hope he shows up at least a little in episode 2 (sure he'll be in 3/4).

Neither could I. It's just been so long since the season. And waiting for the next book.... Well, it can be painful. I think I'm addicted to Westerosi politics. I'll take any fix I can get. I can't wait to see this season, but then, it will be over so fast, and the long wait for fresh material will recommence.

I definitely thought Jaime and Brienne's fight would be in episode 3, right before his hand gets the cut, but apparently they're spread across both episodes. So I guess stuff might go down like this now:

Episode 1: Not present.

Episode 2: Jaime/Brienne fight, get captured by Locke and his gang

Episode 3: Jaime stops Brienne from getting raped. Gets hand cut off.

Episode 4: Travelling to Harrenhal.

Episode 5: Not present.

Episode 6: Arrive at Harrenhal. Gets wound treated. Bath scene.

Episode 7: Jaime/Brienne/Roose talk. Bear bit scene.

Episode 8: Leaving Harrenhal. Talking on the road.

Episode 9: Not present.

Episode 10: Find out about the RW from taverns. Continue on the road.

At least this is how I would do the rest after episode 3. I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

I don't think that LF will be going to the Vale (in his teleporter) until episode 7, as that is the one in which the actress who plays Lysa appears.

There is a difference between leaving King's Landing and arriving at the Vale. I maintain the idea that Littlefinger will be leaving King's Landing in episode 3 (or, at the latest, episode 4).

I definitely thought Jaime and Brienne's fight would be in episode 3, right before his hand gets the cut, but apparently they're spread across both episodes. So I guess stuff might go down like this now:

Episode 1: Not present.

Episode 2: Jaime/Brienne fight, get captured by Locke and his gang

Episode 3: Jaime stops Brienne from getting raped. Gets hand cut off.

Episode 4: Travelling to Harrenhal.

Episode 5: Not present.

Episode 6: Arrive at Harrenhal. Gets wound treated. Bath scene.

Episode 7: Jaime/Brienne/Roose talk. Bear bit scene.

Episode 8: Leaving Harrenhal. Talking on the road.

Episode 9: Not present.

Episode 10: Find out about the RW from taverns. Continue on the road.

At least this is how I would do the rest after episode 3. I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

The episode 5 synopsis includes Jaime.

The show gave a good enough reason that Jaime was let go (he was going to be killed by the increasingly drunk Karstark men if Cat didn't let him go before the night was through). Just because it wasn't the same as in the books, doesn't mean it's not still legitimate. So let's let go of this little piece of nerd rage and move on to things that are important shall we?

As for what's in this episode, I know that Jaime and Brienne will have their fight and I'm assuming they are captured by Locke. I'm interested to see if we actually get introduced to Locke this episode or if they'll leave the capture as a bit of a cliffhanger for next week.

Sansa and Olenna will have their sitdown to talk about Joff. Margaery and Joffrey will have some "getting to know each other" time. I agree with those who say that Shae will ask Tyrion to have LF shipped out of King's Landing. It makes sense for the timelines, fits in well with the warning Shae received from Ros re:LF last episode and we know LF will need to be gone when Tyrion gets appointed Master of Coins in E3. I'll be interested to see when LF leaves, if Ros goes with him or not. If she goes, then it continues the "Varys getting Ros to spy on LF for him" plot where she would presumably go to the Vale with him. If she stays, I would say there's a good chance she'll be playing the Dontos role of being the go-between from LF to Sansa.

We're going to meet Orell this episode and it looks like he's going to show off his eagle warging as well as inform Mance of the carnage at the Fist. This will lead to Mance taking the crew up to the Fist either this episode or next and yelling the "I'm going to light the biggest fire the North has ever seen" line from the trailers.

Arya will meet Thoros and Anguy but not Beric. I'm thinking that Arya must go to an Inn at some point before this because they'll need to drop off Hot Pie somewhere. He doesn't appear to be in any of the later scenes with Arya and Gendry when they meet Beric in the cave. Not sure if the Hound will be seen (and captured) in this episode or next but it should be soon.

The Theon stuff I think will be extremely mysterious and it appears as if it will be very unclear where he is and who is holding him. Unsure as to whether we will meet the fellow prisoner "boy" this episode or not.

Bran and co will meet the Reeds as discussed.

I would imagine that Robb will get word of either Bran and Rickon's "deaths" and/or Hoster Tully's death which will start him on his march to Riverrun. He'll leave Roose at Harrenhal and he'll have a little tiff with Karstark who will I suppose question the strategy of going to Riverrun (or perhaps Robb's intention to head back North eventually).

I doubt we'll see Sam/NW or Dany this episode.

;

The show gave a good enough reason that Jaime was let go (he was going to be killed by the increasingly drunk Karstark men if Cat didn't let him go before the night was through). Just because it wasn't the same as in the books, doesn't mean it's not still legitimate. So let's let go of this little piece of nerd rage and move on to things that are important shall we?

As for what's in this episode, I know that Jaime and Brienne will have their fight and I'm assuming they are captured by Locke. I'm interested to see if we actually get introduced to Locke this episode or if they'll leave the capture as a bit of a cliffhanger for next week.

Sansa and Olenna will have their sitdown to talk about Joff. Margaery and Joffrey will have some "getting to know each other" time. I agree with those who say that Shae will ask Tyrion to have LF shipped out of King's Landing. It makes sense for the timelines, fits in well with the warning Shae received from Ros re:LF last episode and we know LF will need to be gone when Tyrion gets appointed Master of Coins in E3. I'll be interested to see when LF leaves, if Ros goes with him or not. If she goes, then it continues the "Varys getting Ros to spy on LF for him" plot where she would presumably go to the Vale with him. If she stays, I would say there's a good chance she'll be playing the Dontos role of being the go-between from LF to Sansa.

We're going to meet Orell this episode and it looks like he's going to show off his eagle warging as well as inform Mance of the carnage at the Fist. This will lead to Mance taking the crew up to the Fist either this episode or next and yelling the "I'm going to light the biggest fire the North has ever seen" line from the trailers.

Arya will meet Thoros and Anguy but not Beric. I'm thinking that Arya must go to an Inn at some point before this because they'll need to drop off Hot Pie somewhere. He doesn't appear to be in any of the later scenes with Arya and Gendry when they meet Beric in the cave. Not sure if the Hound will be seen (and captured) in this episode or next but it should be soon.

The Theon stuff I think will be extremely mysterious and it appears as if it will be very unclear where he is and who is holding him. Unsure as to whether we will meet the fellow prisoner "boy" this episode or not.

Bran and co will meet the Reeds as discussed.

I would imagine that Robb will get word of either Bran and Rickon's "deaths" and/or Hoster Tully's death which will start him on his march to Riverrun. He'll leave Roose at Harrenhal and he'll have a little tiff with Karstark who will I suppose question the strategy of going to Riverrun (or perhaps Robb's intention to head back North eventually).

I doubt we'll see Sam/NW or Dany this episode.

;

Some corrections:

Sam and the NW ARE in this episode, according to the preview. No Dany, no Dragonstone, though. Pretty crowded episode, with 8 storylines!

The Hound does appear in this episode, according to screeners.

The wildlings won't get to the Fist until episode 3.

The confirmed storylines in the preview are Arya, Bran, Jaime, Jon, KL, Robb and Sam. So 7, unless Theon is in too, then it would be 8. It is quite crowed, yes. But overall, it seems this will be a very Starkish episode, especially compared to the premiere:

- At least 2 Arya scenes: one in the forest, and one that looks like they are in an inn.

- At least 2 Bran scenes: one in the forest, one that's not in a forest and a shot of what looks like a raven dream.

- At least 3 Robb/Cat scenes: one with Talisa in Harrenhall, one travelling with Karstark and a Cat scene.

- At least 2 scenes with Sansa: The one with the QoT, one in a room with Shae. Plus I would think the Marg/Joffrey scene comes before the Sansa/ QoT scene, and it's what makes her talk with Sansa in the first place. And if it's true that Shae asks Tyrion to help her protect Sansa, then the KL story this episode will be pretty Sansa-centric.

Besides we have:

- At least 1 Jon scene.

- At least 1 Sam scene.

- At least 1 long Jaime/Brienne scene.

I kind of wish they had left those Jon/Sam scenes for later episodes, unless there is some significant advance in their plots. I don't like it when we have only one short scene for a plotline in an episode, I think that's what makes it feel like it just skips around.

The premiere didn't felt that way to me, though. I think it's because the main focus was KL, Davos and Dany, and a lot happened in those arcs. I think the premiere was meant to reintroduce all the big players, so moving around those Stannis, Arya and Bran scenes was probably a good decision.

I don't think we will have the burning leeches... It's too spoilery. Once one king falls, you know the rest are coming... I didn't really pick it up in my first read, but if I had seen it, that would be different. I do think Balon is going to die soon, but I'm not sure he'll get the axe in episode 2.

:agree: I think they will skip it. I can't recall. In the book, do they use the leeches on

Stannis or Edric Storm

. If its the former, then they might use it. If it is the later, then they cannot because of the different characters.

I kind of wish they had left those Jon/Sam scenes for later episodes, unless there is some significant advance in their plots. I don't like it when we have only one short scene for a plotline in an episode, I think that's what makes it feel like it just skips around.

The premiere didn't felt that way to me, though. I think it's because the main focus was KL, Davos and Dany, and a lot happened in those arcs. I think the premiere was meant to reintroduce all the big players, so moving around those Stannis, Arya and Bran scenes was probably a good decision.

The main focus of the premiere was in KL, Dragonstone and Dany.... And except for KL, which will appear in every episode, the other two won't appear... wise move. But we only saw one scene with Sam, Jon and Robb, so it's natural that those storylines will continue in episode 2:

-The big scene at Crasters happens in episode 4... which means that we need to see more of them before that episode.

-The first half of Jon's season is about him living with the Wildlings, a slow-ish storyline that has to establish several characters and offer some internal conflict for Jon. I think it's appropriate that we will see a bit of him in every episode from 1 to 5. You cannot push the plot too much until they climb the wall in episode 6.

-Robb and Cat should be important players this season, so it was logical to appear in the premiere, as well as in the second episode.

On the other hand, i guess we'll see the arrival of the QoT? I assume we have to see something with ther (meeting with Cersei, Tyrion, Tywin...) before the big scene with Sansa, right?

I'm not sure i'd like to see Theon brought up this early. There are a lot more pressing matters that need addressing before we need to re-introduce him back on the scene. He should be brought back maybe when

Jaime reaches Harrenhal

and introduce the Bastard of Bolton when they hint at Roose Bolton

being a traitor

Not going to happen, i know.

I'm not sure i'd like to see Theon brought up this early. There are a lot more pressing matters that need addressing before we need to re-introduce him back on the scene. He should be brought back maybe when

Jaime reaches Harrenhal

being a traitor

Well, from early screenings, it appears as if

they're keeping Ramsay's identity secret

Jaime reaches Harrenhal

being a traitor

Im absolutely certain that as soon as we learn about Ramsay's identity, they'll cut to a scene between Roose and Jaime, finally showing the traitorous nature of the Boltons.

Are any other Tyrell's going to be in this season? Mace Tyrell has been mentioned, but I guess he won't appear. He doesn't have that much to do, but I just feel like delaying the introduction of characters will make it harder for the audience to get around on them.

We meet Edmure and the Blackfish in book 1, which makes the events of book 3 sting more. Now, they will only have a few episodes before the big event in episode 9.

Archived