[Book Spoilers] Book events we expect to see in this episode

Are any other Tyrell's going to be in this season? Mace Tyrell has been mentioned, but I guess he won't appear. He doesn't have that much to do, but I just feel like delaying the introduction of characters will make it harder for the audience to get around on them.

We meet Edmure and the Blackfish in book 1, which makes the events of book 3 sting more. Now, they will only have a few episodes before the big event in episode 9.

I don't think Garlan is making the show unfortunately. As much as I love the character, he's nonessential, and can really just have Loras embody his traits.

Mace will show up next season, to continue setting up the Purple Wedding.

I think having Edmure and Blackfish show up in season 3 is fine, as you don't really need them to feel for the Starks. It really is all about Robb and Catelyn in that arc.

Does anyone else feel that they're rushing Jaime's arc? Why are we getting the sword fight so early? D and D need to milk the Brienne/Jaime road trip for all it's worth, since they're one of the most entertaining dynamics in the series. And why, oh why, is the bear pit scene in episode 7? I heard it was moved from a later episode. Wouldn't it be far better to put it in say, episode 8 or 9? What are Brienne and Jaime going to do for 6-7 episodes?(Assuming that the Purple Wedding occurs in episode 3 or 4 of season 4)

I agree with this. My nonreader friends are all excited to see more Jaime/Brienne interactions, it's what they're most looking forward to next episode. I also can't wait to see them.

Does anyone else feel that they're rushing Jaime's arc? Why are we getting the sword fight so early? D and D need to milk the Brienne/Jaime road trip for all it's worth, since they're one of the most entertaining dynamics in the series. And why, oh why, is the bear pit scene in episode 7? I heard it was moved from a later episode. Wouldn't it be far better to put it in say, episode 8 or 9? What are Brienne and Jaime going to do for 6-7 episodes?(Assuming that the Purple Wedding occurs in episode 3 or 4 of season 4)

I think that dynamic will be much more entertaining in small doses. Might get repetitive otherwise

There are only so many scenes they can afford to make of Jaime calling Brienne a wench and Brienne resenting him. They need to begin respecting and liking each other at this point, which starts happening after they fight, really. Another scene of them venturing through the country arguing and coming to the Crossroads Inn to do nothing will make it boring for most people. I think the pacing is just about right.

Do you think the Red Wedding will be in the end of this season, or sometime in the middle of next season?

I really hope we see Arya this next episode, if the don't change the content from the books too much her story is going to be epic, Beric Dondarrion and the Brotherhood better be great or I am going to be very disapointed.

:agree: I think they will skip it. I can't recall. In the book, do they use the leeches on

Stannis or Edric Storm

. If its the former, then they might use it. If it is the later, then they cannot because of the different characters.

would be better for t.v. if they used in on stannis i believe

would be better for t.v. if they used in on stannis i believe

I wouldn't be surprised if it's Gendry. I don't think we'll be seeing Edric, and Gendry's blood can serve the same purpose. If so, I'm curious to see how they'll go about this. It looks like Mel will have some interaction with the Brotherhood.

http://www.wetpaint....son-3-episode-2 this article gives us a few clues of what will happen in the episode

I'm really worried about the Cat monologue. Someone on this forum said that it was basically character assassination. Also worried, because this episode is written by Vanessa Taylor. I once read that she hadn't actually read all the books. I'm not sure whether it's true or not, but 'The Old Gods and The New' was written by her, and that was probably the episode that deviated the most from the books.

I'm really worried about the Cat monologue. Someone on this forum said that it was basically character assassination. Also worried, because this episode is written by Vanessa Taylor. I once read that she hadn't actually read all the books. I'm not sure whether it's true or not, but 'The Old Gods and The New' was written by her, and that was probably the episode that deviated the most from the books.

who wonder who says that quote at #6

I'm not sure what to think of Vanessa Taylor's writing. Garden of Bones was probably one of the worst episodes last season but Old Gods and the New was one of the best. This episode should determine whether or not she's cut out to be a regular writer on this show. I definitely prefer giving Bryan Cogman more episodes though.

Is Catelyn's "monologue" going to stem from finding out about Bran and Rickon? What exactly motivates her to do something like that?

It was actually a professional reviewer who wrote it. Its a bit perplexing as a quote though, it can't mean she is meaner to jon then she is in the book, so it must mean she is nicer to Jon, which a lot of the fanbase wouldn't mind. I am curious either way

All things Jaime/Brienne. It's going to be awesome.

Looking forward to Diana Rigg as the QOT as well.

From the Wetpaint spoiler hint article: "one major player takes the bench, and another is barely there." The major player who takes the bench = Dany, probably. The one who's barely there = ??? (Stannis, maybe? I tend to think of major players being Starks + Dany + Tyrion, but except for Dany, we know from previews/ep descriptions that Bran/Arya/Sansa/Jon/Robb/Cat/Tyrion are all doing stuff in this episode, as well as Sam, so that seems to leave Stannis. Tyrion might be the one who's "barely there.")

Judging from all the scenes referenced in previews/articles, 3x02 looks like it's going to be a very busy episode:

-Jaime/Brienne banter, Jaime/Brienne swordfight

-Robb getting told off by one of his bannermen (Karstark? Roose?)

-Cat's monologue scene

-Arya meeting the BWB, Arya fighting (briefly) with Thoros of Myr

-Sansa and the QOT, Shae/Sansa scene

-Shae asking Tyrion for a favour, possibly more scenes with Tyrion doing other stuff

-Jon, Mance and Orell

-Bran scenes (meeting the Reeds?)

-Margaery and Joffrey's little rendezvous

-Theon stuff

-Sam stuff

-Hound stuff

That is a lot: I can see what critics were complaining about when they were talking about the fragmented storytelling in the first four episodes. At least people won't be complaining about a slow pace.

So Littlefinger is still there when Tyrion weds Sansa

The actors for Lysa and Robin are credited for Episode 7 on IMDB, so it's likely that Littlefinger will be in the Eyrie then. The Sansa/Tyrion wedding happens in Episode 8 (or in Episode 7, since some scenes got shuffled around between episodes), so I'm pretty sure Littlefinger won't be at the wedding, his apparent mastery of teleportation technology in Season 2 notwithstanding. (There were also shots in the making-of videos of the assembled wedding guests, and Littlefinger didn't appear to be among them. Nor was he at the wedding in the books, so it makes sense.)

And there are several other problems: as there's no Dontos, Littlefinger probably won't be the one to learn about the Sansa/Tyrell marriage, and he certainly won't be present at her wedding to Tyrion, as it's in episode 8.

That raises a good question. If there is no "Dontos"--a Littlefinger proxy who tattles to him about the Sansa/Tyrell marriage, enabling him to leak the news to Tywin--then who will find out, and who will tell Tywin? The likeliest person for finding out would be Shae, since she's so close to Sansa, but I can't believe that she would rat Sansa out. If LF is away from KL by Episode 3 or 4, he might be (unlike in the books) entirely blameless in the reveal of the Tyrell marriage plot to Tywin. Of course, if he doesn't do it, who will?

I agree with those who say that Shae will ask Tyrion to have LF shipped out of King's Landing.

Well, it sounds like LF was already fixing to leave (the "assignment" he mentioned to Sansa in 3x01). The other thing is that Shae would presumably communicate to Tyrion her reason for wanting LF gone, namely, that LF poses a threat to Sansa, which would make Sansa's mysterious disappearance later in the series much less mysterious. If TV Tyrion ever realizes LF's interest in Sansa--something he remained clueless about in the books--then that has big implications for events down the line, as he would make deductions about LF and Sansa he couldn't make in the books.

I suppose Shae could ask Tyrion to look out for Sansa in a vague, general way without specifying why or whom she was worried about in particular, but that smacks of contrivance (why wouldn't she tell Tyrion what Ros told her?).

Archived