[Book Spoilers] Book events we expect to see in this episode

All things Jaime/Brienne. It's going to be awesome.

Looking forward to Diana Rigg as the QOT as well.

From the Wetpaint spoiler hint article: "one major player takes the bench, and another is barely there." The major player who takes the bench = Dany, probably. The one who's barely there = ??? (Stannis, maybe? I tend to think of major players being Starks + Dany + Tyrion, but except for Dany, we know from previews/ep descriptions that Bran/Arya/Sansa/Jon/Robb/Cat/Tyrion are all doing stuff in this episode, as well as Sam, so that seems to leave Stannis. Tyrion might be the one who's "barely there.")

Judging from all the scenes referenced in previews/articles, 3x02 looks like it's going to be a very busy episode:

-Jaime/Brienne banter, Jaime/Brienne swordfight

-Robb getting told off by one of his bannermen (Karstark? Roose?)

-Cat's monologue scene

-Arya meeting the BWB, Arya fighting (briefly) with Thoros of Myr

-Sansa and the QOT, Shae/Sansa scene

-Shae asking Tyrion for a favour, possibly more scenes with Tyrion doing other stuff

-Jon, Mance and Orell

-Bran scenes (meeting the Reeds?)

-Margaery and Joffrey's little rendezvous

-Theon stuff

-Sam stuff

-Hound stuff

That is a lot: I can see what critics were complaining about when they were talking about the fragmented storytelling in the first four episodes. At least people won't be complaining about a slow pace.

The actors for Lysa and Robin are credited for Episode 7 on IMDB, so it's likely that Littlefinger will be in the Eyrie then. The Sansa/Tyrion wedding happens in Episode 8 (or in Episode 7, since some scenes got shuffled around between episodes), so I'm pretty sure Littlefinger won't be at the wedding, his apparent mastery of teleportation technology in Season 2 notwithstanding. (There were also shots in the making-of videos of the assembled wedding guests, and Littlefinger didn't appear to be among them. Nor was he at the wedding in the books, so it makes sense.)

That raises a good question. If there is no "Dontos"--a Littlefinger proxy who tattles to him about the Sansa/Tyrell marriage, enabling him to leak the news to Tywin--then who will find out, and who will tell Tywin? The likeliest person for finding out would be Shae, since she's so close to Sansa, but I can't believe that she would rat Sansa out. If LF is away from KL by Episode 3 or 4, he might be (unlike in the books) entirely blameless in the reveal of the Tyrell marriage plot to Tywin. Of course, if he doesn't do it, who will?

Well, it sounds like LF was already fixing to leave (the "assignment" he mentioned to Sansa in 3x01). The other thing is that Shae would presumably communicate to Tyrion her reason for wanting LF gone, namely, that LF poses a threat to Sansa, which would make Sansa's mysterious disappearance later in the series much less mysterious. If TV Tyrion ever realizes LF's interest in Sansa--something he remained clueless about in the books--then that has big implications for events down the line, as he would make deductions about LF and Sansa he couldn't make in the books.

I suppose Shae could ask Tyrion to look out for Sansa in a vague, general way without specifying why or whom she was worried about in particular, but that smacks of contrivance (why wouldn't she tell Tyrion what Ros told her?).

The finale of season 2 showed that Ros was recuited by Varys so she'll probably report the betrothal to Varys who will then tell Tywin at a small council meeting. If this is what happens then it's actually a relief because I was afraid that scene with Ros and Varys meant she was getting a larger role.

I don't think we'll see Theon, Davos/Stannis, the Tullys or Dany.

From that article plus preview & synopsis we can deduce:

- Reeds & wolf dream

- BwB

- Sansa, Marge and Olenna scene from ASOS.

- Joffrey & Marge scene. Marge manipulating Joff.

- Mance, Jon and Orell scene. Orell reports the attack on the Fist of First Men to Mance.

- Roose left in charge at Harrenhal, the Northmen on the road to Riverrun. Karstark voicing his discontent to Robb.

- Brienne & Jaime fight and capture

- "Shae asks Tyrion for a favour" probably to do with Sansa, because there is a scene with Shae and Sansa in there.

- Night's Watch fleeing the White Walkers

Might could end with the "Slayer" scene.

Will we see Varys yet? Missed him last ep.

The finale of season 2 showed that Ros was recuited by Varys so she'll probably report the betrothal to Varys who will then tell Tywin at a small council meeting. If this is what happens then it's actually a relief because I was afraid that scene with Ros and Varys meant she was getting a larger role.

One of the synopsis say Sansa lets a secret slip or sansa says too much, so I'm thinking its Sansa who tells LF. My guess is also that Ros will play some kind of Dontos role, since they brought up she is from the north. Maybe they will suggest varys throught ros is behind the plot to secret sansa away so that way when LF kills Ros it will still be a surprise.

I've let my imgaination run wild, but what if Ros plots to get Sansa away, but they are betrayed by Shae who is either a) pissed at Sansa b/c of the tyrion wedding or B) is in the employ of littlefinger all along (remember the blackwater scene where she is waiting for someone-I didn't think it was tyrion, maybe it was LF even though it seems unlikely as he was with Tywin/Loras). LF finds out about the plot returns home kills Ros (although one part of me says this won't happen b/c they seem to be setting Ros up to be one of the witnesses at tyrions trial) and surprises sansa just when the audience thinks she is about to get away.

One of the synopsis say Sansa lets a secret slip or sansa says too much, so I'm thinking its Sansa who tells LF. My guess is also that Ros will play some kind of Dontos role, since they brought up she is from the north. Maybe they will suggest varys throught ros is behind the plot to secret sansa away so that way when LF kills Ros it will still be a surprise.

No. Sansa "says too much" about Joffrey to the Queen of Thorns.

The actors for Lysa and Robin are credited for Episode 7 on IMDB, so it's likely that Littlefinger will be in the Eyrie then. The Sansa/Tyrion wedding happens in Episode 8 (or in Episode 7, since some scenes got shuffled around between episodes), so I'm pretty sure Littlefinger won't be at the wedding, his apparent mastery of teleportation technology in Season 2 notwithstanding. (There were also shots in the making-of videos of the assembled wedding guests, and Littlefinger didn't appear to be among them. Nor was he at the wedding in the books, so it makes sense.)

It's been confirmed by GRRM that the Bear Pit was moved into episode 7. It is extremely unlikely that anything as major as the Sansa/Tyrion wedding would be moved forward. The wedding presumably dominates the episode, as it includes build-up scenes, the ceremony itself, the feast, and possibly the bedding. That all can't be moved forward, particularly if the episode is also covering the events at Queenscrown, the Bear Pit and Littlefinger at the Vale.

I thought the Bear Pit was moved into episode 7, considering its called "The Bear and the Maiden Fair".

Will Tyrion's wedding really be so major as to take up that much of episode 8? I thought that it was a pretty small ceremony

It's been confirmed by GRRM that the Bear Pit was moved into episode 8. It is extremely unlikely that anything as major as the Sansa/Tyrion wedding would be moved forward. The wedding presumably dominates the episode, as it includes build-up scenes, the ceremony itself, the feast, and possibly the bedding. That all can't be moved forward, particularly if the episode is also covering the events at Queenscrown, the Bear Pit and Littlefinger at the Vale.

I thought the Bear Pit was moved into episode 7, considering its called "The Bear and the Maiden Fair".

Will Tyrion's wedding really be so major as to take up that much of episode 8? I thought that it was a pretty small ceremony

It was a typo - I've corrected it now. :)

As I explained in my post, the wedding includes build-up scenes, a huge ceremony (it takes place at the Sept of Baelor), a feast, and potentially the bedding. It's the major climax at King's Landing for this season, so I assume it will take up a fairly large portion of the episode - far too much to be moved into a different episode.

It was a typo - I've corrected it now. :)

As I explained in my post, the wedding includes build-up scenes, a huge ceremony (it takes place at the Sept of Baelor), a feast, and potentially the bedding. It's the major climax at King's Landing for this season, so I assume it will take up a fairly large portion of the episode - far too much to be moved into a different episode.

Really? Should be spectacular. I'm guessing about 15 minutes of the episode in that case. I seriously wonder how the bedding is going to go. Im predicting that as soon as the door closes behind Tyrion and Sansa, Tyrion will reveal he was just bluffing, and has no intention of bedding her. Though I suppose its possible that they might be more daring.

Really? Should be spectacular. I'm guessing about 15 minutes of the episode in that case. I seriously wonder how the bedding is going to go. Im predicting that as soon as the door closes behind Tyrion and Sansa, Tyrion will reveal he was just bluffing, and has no intention of bedding her. Though I suppose its possible that they might be more daring.

I don't think so. D&D are such Tyrion fanboys that they'll want to keep Tyrion as Mr. Perfect. They've shown before that they're not really interested in making him a grey character.

I'm already dreading the backlash Sansa will get after that episode airs.

I hope not.

But remember, its confirmed we'll see the bear pit scene so HBO must be gonna introduce Vargo Hoat or a character like him

Its pretty much been confirmed that the new character Locke (mentioned in Valar Dohaeris as Roose Bolton's best hunter) is replacing Vargo Hoat. Apparently, he cuts off Jaime's hand for trying to prevent Brienne's rape.

Archived