[Book Spoilers] Book events we expect to see in this episode

Can't see that happening as it would create too much animosity between them. Why would Jaime go back and get her?

I see it being done in the heat of a sword fight ... Jamie is bested, loses his hand, realises he's not all that ... In the end he's thankful to Brienne for teaching him a humility. Remember Jamie eventually comes to realise he's not the man he wants to be!

I see it being done in the heat of a sword fight ... Jamie is bested, loses his hand, realises he's not all that ... In the end he's thankful to Brienne for teaching him a humility. Remember Jamie eventually comes to realise he's not the man he wants to be!

Brienne isn't going to cut off his hand. She probably wont even beat him, He has chains on his hands and months of malnutrition as well. They will be interrupted by Locke.

The main focus of the premiere was in KL, Dragonstone and Dany.... And except for KL, which will appear in every episode, the other two won't appear... wise move. But we only saw one scene with Sam, Jon and Robb, so it's natural that those storylines will continue in episode 2:

-The big scene at Crasters happens in episode 4... which means that we need to see more of them before that episode.

-The first half of Jon's season is about him living with the Wildlings, a slow-ish storyline that has to establish several characters and offer some internal conflict for Jon. I think it's appropriate that we will see a bit of him in every episode from 1 to 5. You cannot push the plot too much until they climb the wall in episode 6.

-Robb and Cat should be important players this season, so it was logical to appear in the premiere, as well as in the second episode.

On the other hand, i guess we'll see the arrival of the QoT? I assume we have to see something with ther (meeting with Cersei, Tyrion, Tywin...) before the big scene with Sansa, right?

Not necessarily. If you remember in SoS, the first time Sansa even saw QoT was when M. unexpectedly invited her to lunch/dinner. I doubt the QoT/Tyrion scene will happen until later on, a scene I personally am looking forward to.

Was there a QoT/Tywin/Cersei scene in the book? I don't remember.

Brienne isn't going to cut off his hand. She probably wont even beat him, He has chains on his hands and months of malnutrition as well. They will be interrupted by Locke.

Fair call, I think someone else already confirmed that Locke does cut off Jamie's hand anyway ... Oh well

Archived