[Book Spoilers] Did HBO set up the death of Jorah?

WhiteWalder

I am sooo much looking forward to the scenes of Ian Glenn and Peter Dinklage together!!!

No, Jorah cannot die!

I absolutely agree. Glenn's Jorah has the best voice on the show, I love him to death. I can't imagine that regal seeming man as a spirit crushed slave, but.......if that voice can talk me through it, I'm good. I'm looking forward to him and Dinklage on the road to Dany.

Later in the season there is an episode "the bear and the maiden fair", that will be the big confrontation and fall out with Jorah and Danny.

I'd always thought that episode would MOSTLY be about Jaime and Brienne. That doesn't rule out anything with others, like Jorah and Dany, though.

As soon as I saw the upfront Barristan reveal on the tv screen differing from the books, I also realized we are liable to lose Jorah, the man with the mostest for a voice, at almost anytime. I was dying for Barristan's return, but now with the reveal, I realize......it could cost me Jorah and THE VOICE. I may cry. :crying:

I wouldn't say they setup his death but they definitely did setup the betrayal angle. My friend who is only a TV viewer said he suspects that the old dude (Barristan) knows that Jorah was a spy working for Robert in Season 1 and may end up telling Dany. He is one of few viewers who can actually put things together and remember things from past seasons.

Jorah ain't gonna die that would be stupid. He will just be exiled by Dany. Maybe he doesn't show up in season 4 at all and we will get the Strong Belwas to somewhat take his place by Dany's side.

I rewatched S03E01 again last night, and I could not help thinking that by HBO not revealing Barristan Selmy as Whitebeard, it set up Jorah Mormont to die instead of being banished by Dany.

The book reveal always felt clumsy and pointless, another GRRM name we have to remember. I liked the bit about him watcher her for a while to make sure she was worthy, but that can be explained in one line of dialogue.

My opinion is this Both Jorah and Selmy saved her life. So Dany may just give Jorah a mission to test him but he feels insulted and feels he must regain her trust and Tyrion's head would be that. Selmy with this actor just expresses you can trust me look to him. This actor just makes Selmy someone to trust. I kinda like the Bug change thing for he escaped Jorah very fast for an old man to kill the bug.

Im hopring that Barristan will Provide some backstory to the TV-audience concerning Rhaegar, he has been pretty much ignored up to this point. Im assuming that Danny is going to have many questions to ask to a man who served her fathers kingsguard, so hopefully that will play out as it did in the book.

The question is, When is Selmy going to Reveal the truth about Jorah? he would be wise to do it right away, if he waits too long to reveal that danny had a traitor close to her that might anger Daenerys and cause her to send him away too, leading to the same scenario as in the books where he and jorah go on the sewer mission

My opinion is this Both Jorah and Selmy saved her life. So Dany may just give Jorah a mission to test him but he feels insulted and feels he must regain her trust and Tyrion's head would be that. Selmy with this actor just expresses you can trust me look to him. This actor just makes Selmy someone to trust. I kinda like the Bug change thing for he escaped Jorah very fast for an old man to kill the bug.

Plus it never hurts to have one of the best fighters in Westeros on your side.

Im hopring that Barristan will Provide some backstory to the TV-audience concerning Rhaegar, he has been pretty much ignored up to this point. Im assuming that Danny is going to have many questions to ask to a man who served her fathers kingsguard, so hopefully that will play out as it did in the book.

The question is, When is Selmy going to Reveal the truth about Jorah? he would be wise to do it right away, if he waits too long to reveal that danny had a traitor close to her that might anger Daenerys and cause her to send him away too, leading to the same scenario as in the books where he and jorah go on the sewer mission

Barristan will use the "I needed to know you weren't mad and could trust me" reason for explaining why he waited to reveal Jorah's spying. If he just rolls up, previous LC of Robert's KG and says hey that man has betrayed you it may not go over so well as if he waits to demonstrate his loyalty and good council before telling Dany.

The show would have to be crazy to kill Jorah, He is the only familiar and popular character Tyrion interacts with in ADWD. In fact, I expect we will see Jorah even more than in the books as we are not limited by the POV structure. I´m pretty sure we will be actually there when he and the bunch of crazies are send on the quest inside of Meereen´s sewers. That siege will be a big story of season 4, not just a little chapter where we are with Dany waiting while the mission is on. And then he will be banished sometime around S04E08, but we will catch with him in early in season 5 when he is still alone. And then, sometime around mid season 5, he will meet Tyrion. I don´t think there will be more than 5 or 6 episodes between him leaving Dany and joining Tyrion.

I think his story in this and next season will be mostly based on jealousy, both of Dany´s growing sexual relationship with Daario and grandfather/granddaughter relationship with Barristan. In the books Dany started her physical relationship with Daario after Jorah was already gone, but the show is purposefully bringing him sooner so they can play the conflict on screen. He is man crazily in love with Dany and this was his best chance to get from the friendly zone. It will destroy him to watch her refusing his advances and moving on with Daario instead. I think he may even do something shady to undermine that relationship or entrap Daario as traitor but it will turn against him.

Archived