[No Spoilers] From where Daenerys get money to buy Unsullied ?

DukeAlmighty

I haven't read the books (I don't want to spoil the series), so I am wondering, how is this played in books, because in series it doesn't make any sense.

Season 2 ends with Daenerys companions looting Xaro's house. There is dialoge between Daenerys and Ser Jorah, Ser Jorah assures that valuable will be enough to buy 1 small ship. So where she suddenly gets money to buy 8000 elite soldiers ?

I haven't read the books (I don't want to spoil the series), so I am wondering, how is this played in books, because in series it doesn't make any sense.

Season 2 ends with Daenerys companions looting Xaro's house. There is dialoge between Daenerys and Ser Jorah, Ser Jorah assures that valuable will be enough to buy 1 small ship. So where she suddenly gets money to buy 8000 elite soldiers ?

as you probably know in the books things can play out differently. in the book she has money/goods from illyrio that she can trade for unsullied. not enough for 8,000, but some. how she will find money in the show? i guess we will find out next week.

Wait and see. You'll gonna love it. :)

Well she hasn't bought the Unsullied yet, she's just in Astapor... I thought, anyway.

You thought correctly.

Also, there was an image floating around prior to the start of the season of a certain triad of dragons floating around above a city which, in retrospect of the first episode, gives away a lot more than I thought it did :)

I think that Dany will send her dothraki to steal money and goods from good people of Astapor. They showed in season 2 that Dothraki like stealing. So they steal for about 6 episodes, but one day they don't return and Dany goes Where are my dothraki?!?!? Mode then saves the captured dothraki. By the end of the season she will be able to buy 100 Unsullied and move on.

I also think the Jorah line about "buying one ship" at the end of season 2 may have meant to be a little tongue-in-cheek, as in, they had really looted quite a bit of treasure and he was sort of downplaying it as a joke.

didnt think about it but thats quite possible in retrospect. vaults may have been empty but there was a lot of valuable lying around in there

Patience is the key for those who haven't read the book. The issue will be addressed.

And I totally respect OP's decision to not read them. I tried to get a friend to and she won't because she knows she'll find disappointments. Maybe when the show ends OP and my friend might want to read them.

I think that Dany will send her dothraki to steal money and goods from good people of Astapor. They showed in season 2 that Dothraki like stealing. So they steal for about 6 episodes, but one day they don't return and Dany goes Where are my dothraki?!?!? Mode then saves the captured dothraki. By the end of the season she will be able to buy 100 Unsullied and move on.

I like this.

Season 2 was all about "Where are my dragons!?!?" so keeping with that theme season 3 should be "where are my dothraki?!?!?"

Season 4 = "Where are my pancakes?!?!"

and so on

Archived