Which TWOW storyline are you most excited about

locke and key

At the begininning of TWOW we have a grand total of 15 storylines from the perspective of at least 19 povs (assuming that grrm has everyone from AFFC and ADWD in it together par Jon, and that Jon is not brought back in time for the end of the book - I get the feeling that that might be the last moment of the story) and that at the end of AFFC/ADWD all the storylines had been left on either a cliffhanger or the beginning of a new storyline, so essentially at the beginning of TWOW sh*t's about to go down.

so out of all these exciting storylines which is the one you're most looking forward to. I've put them all (and the povs we'll be seeing them from) down below, in order location wise from north to south like ADWD and AFFC

1. Bran- His continuing journey into becoming a greenseer, and the suspicious activities of the 3-eyed crow AKA

Bloodraven

2. Melisandre (and possibly Jon if he's reanimated before the end) - the events on the wall following the murder of jon snow and the encroaching threat of the others

3. Davos- His adventures on skagos and revealing rickon as lord of winterfell

4. Theon/Asha - the Battle of winterfell and it's results

5. Aeron - what's going on on the iron islands and the activities of/rebellion against the crows eye

6. Arya- Her continued training to be a faceless man and their strange secretive activities

7. Sansa- Her marriage to Harry Hardyng and the Vale crowning her

8. Jaime/Brienne- their encounter with lady Stoneheart and the consequences of it.

9. Cersei - The Trials of the Faith and the weakening of the lannister-tyrell alliance after Kevans death

10. Jon Connington- The siege of storms end and aegons Campaign

11. Arianne - Her journey through the stormlands and her adventures with the golden company

12. Samwell- His time at the citadel and the conspiracy surrounding Pate/the alchemist

13. Areo- the Hunt for darkstar

14. Daenerys- Her return to the dothraki sea and her time with Jhaqo's khalasar

15. Victarion/Tyrion/Barristan- the battle of Meereen and the results of that

Edit: after looking through all the replies here I figured I ought to put down what I thought. First of all I have to say that this was really really hard-every storyline in twow is gonna be epic, and I think it could be the best book in asoiaf. however, overall, it think I'm most interested in the affc characters especially the ones we haven't seen, but also the ones who were in adwd as I felt that they were a bit over-shadowed by the main adwd characters when they had only one or 2 chapters each in the final half yet people like jon snow still had about 5. But, out of them I think ultimately that I'm most interested in sam sansa and arianne

Definitely all the arcs in the North, namely Bran/UnJon (hopefully reanimated as a wight and teaching us about the Others) and of course the Battle in the Ice and the destruction of the Boltons (hopefully!)

Dany enlisting Jhaqo's khalasar and kicking Yunkai'i ass at Meereen and an epic dragon fight caused by Victarion (who hopefully gets burned to a crisp by Drogon) blowing Dragonbinder.

JonCon and Aegon conquering the stormlands, enlisting Dorne and taking King's Landing

Then Dany FINALLY landing in Westeros and the fall of the Wall because of the Others blowing the Horn of Winter

Interesting discussion guys

it seems that a lot of the excitement is about northern storylines (just saying- not criticising) personally, I'm more interested in picking up the AFFC storylines about the greyjoys and the martells and whatever's going on down in oldtown

What happens with Jon Snow will be the most interesting storyline for me. It will be interesting to see how soon in TWOW GRRM gives us a glimpse of what's going on at the Wall. Jaime's storyline is also interesting to. There are so many possibilities about what will happen with LS. I for one believe that LS will send Brienne and Jaime out to find Sansa together. Either that or LS will make them fight to the death, with Jaime eventually winning.

What happens with Jon Snow will be the most interesting storyline for me. It will be interesting to see how soon in TWOW GRRM gives us a glimpse of what's going on at the Wall. Jaime's storyline is also interesting to. There are so many possibilities about what will happen with LS. I for one believe that LS will send Brienne and Jaime out to find Sansa together. Either that or LS will make them fight to the death, with Jaime eventually winning.

Deep down inside I want Jaime to be like a protector for Sansa. Her personal guard. Just because it'd be kinda awkward.

Sansa, the Wall and strangely enough Mereen. I agree with most readers that Mereen was the weakest storyline in the book, but I have not yet given up on Dany. She'll return from the Dothraki Sea a changed woman (and I can't wait to see Daario die) and hopefully finally reach her full potential.

I agree with most readers that Mereen was the weakest storyline in the book, but I have not yet given up on Dany. She'll return from the Dothraki Sea a changed woman (and I can't wait to see Daario die) and hopefully finally reach her full potential.

I think the next book will be a kick ass for Dany and I'm hoping she'll finally move forward fast and not backward slow. There will be only two books left and I will hate it if she won't bring her badass Drogon into full action. Meereen is getting more interesting, especially for its upcoming bloodthirsty battle.

I like to know what's going on up North. Not sure if Jon will get back into the action so early in the book, but I have this dreadful feeling that the Others are pretty close, and every man, woman, and child at the Wall are fearfully trembling in the cold. I wonder who among the NW men left will be standing defending the Wall - Jon is wounded, hopefully not dead - who's going to lead them?

The Battle of Ice, bring it on! :commie:

Jon Snow's fate-While i found his arc to be the least interesting of all arcs in the first books,his arc in ADWD was superb..

Sansa arc-she is growing stronger as the day pass and she seems to be the most valuable person in westeros right now(having the support of the North,Riverlands and The Vale)..its time for a Stark to be back to winterfell and slay the Giant

Dany-Finally ,she realised that she wasted her time in Meereen..For christ sake,both Aegon and Victarion have successfully travelled from Westeros to across the narrow sea..

Arianne- her arc is getting very interesting.. and I cant wait to see how the Sandsnakes are doing in KL

The character that I'm most hoping to hear from is Benjen. I feel like his absence is something other than just being dead, and I think that we'll finally get to see what that is in tWoW.

Other than that, I think that Bran should be interesting with developing more powers, and the same with seeing where Arya ends up. I really wanted Dany to do something interesting in aDwD, but that never really happened.

Connington should be really fun to read as they battle through the stormlands, and I'm curious to see what happens in Oldtown.

Finally, the thing (other than Benjen) that I really want to see is a "She Bear" POV, because Howland Reed has so many answers and I think that it's time for GRRM to pull him out of hiding in the Neck.

(also Syrio. He will be back.)

I'm also excited about Cersei's upcoming trial. I want to know how it will go. It will definitely happen at the beginning of the book and I'm sure Robert Strong will smash the Faith's champion's head and trample him down... then Cersei will be roaring once again. She will haunt Sansa wherever she is and kick out Margaery (believing she's the younger and more beautiful batshit who's going to bring her down). Well, those only will be short-lived 'coz poor Tommy won't last long as well as Mars :frown5: .

About Arya, I just want her to be reunited with Nymeria and see what happened to her beloved mom...

Hard to rank them when there are multiple storylines I find equally fascinating. Sounds like a cop-out, but I cannot mention only one.

1) Dany : I feel that this will finally be the book where Dany reaches her pinnacle of power in Essos and discovers her identity. She becomes the Khal of the Dothraki, ruler of Slaver's Bay and has dragons. She finally lands on her homeland, Westeros, and begins the attempt to recover her birthright.

2) Jon: There has to be a reason why GRRM left Jon's death on a cliffhanger. How will he resurrect? Will he warg? Will he be resurrected by the magic of Melisandre? Also tying into this is the situation in the North with Stannis and the Boltons/Freys, and to an extent, the Others.

3) Davos: What exactly lies in the island of Skagos? Is it truly the terrible place where cannibalism reigns and unicorns make their home, or just another fantasy? I'm more concerned with Davos making it alive from the island really, but seeing Rickon, Osha and Shaggydog would be nice again.

4) Stannis: Was the Red Letter really written and sent by the Boltons? Will Stannis ever defeat the Northerners? I'm somewhat hoping Stannis can sit on the Iron Throne at least once, but expecting him to die soon after in a glorious battle.

Dany: I think she will get a large khalasar and return to win the battle for Meereen. Here's hoping she starts towards Westeros (and maybe go through Valyria!)

Jon/Melisandre: I believe Jon may have a ghost chapter in the book? And Melisandre will finally unravel her dreams, realise Jon is AA and resurrect him by the end.

Davos: Skagos should be interesting to visit!

Stannis/Theon: The outcome of the battle of ice and the hopeful death of the Boltons

Archived