Catelyn's POV - Thoughts (Spoilers)

nrgsingmok

I just finished reading the chapter of the "Red Wedding." Robb was probably my favorite character, as I watched the TV show first.

I was completely blown away by this chapter. I had read by accident that Robb was going to die, but I didn't expect it to be at this moment and for both him and Catelyn to die... And his direwolf too.

I almost feel like by the end of the series, there won't even be a single Stark left.

Sigh. This book has definitely been the best so far in series, with something huge hitting in the face when I least expect it. But it's so depressing.

• 3 weeks later...

I knew about the RW before I got to ASOS. That'll teach me to quit reading the family trees in later books. I normally don't mind spoilers as they encourage me to read on and get to that part, but that was one I would've preferred to let surprise me. What they did with his body was shocking enough though.

Is there any definitive proof that the Freys sewed Grey Wind's head to Robb's body? I'm about three quarters of the way into ASoS, and it came up in a Davos chapter, but stories sometimes get exaggerated (Remember, it was also said that Robb morphed into a wolf during battle.). Does anybody ever see the body? I didn't think anything could upset me as much as Ned's death, but this was rough to take.

Red Wedding was amazing. Luckily I didn't know about it, and I it came really shocking.. I keep reading the wiki about things i don't understand even though I stumble upon some spoilers now and then. A lot of Tyrion chapters got spoiled due to my curiosity :(

Is there any definitive proof that the Freys sewed Grey Wind's head to Robb's body? I'm about three quarters of the way into ASoS, and it came up in a Davos chapter, but stories sometimes get exaggerated (Remember, it was also said that Robb morphed into a wolf during battle.). Does anybody ever see the body? I didn't think anything could upset me as much as Ned's death, but this was rough to take.

The epilogue of ASOS pretty much confirms it to be true :)

• 2 weeks later...

Personally I hated Catelyn and was sickly satisfied when she died at the red wedding. Her character was always just so whiny and self-focused. "I have to be strong for Robb, woe is me, woe is me". I understand that she would be out of her mind with grief when she thinks just about all her family is dead, but even before that happened she... I don't know. I just didn't like her personality. I think GRRM does a fantastic job giving each character a unique personality though, I found myself hating Catelyn and not the writing behind her.

Archived