Shae and Ros scene

Ghosteline

That scene was the one that disturbed me the most in the entire series thus far. I wonder if we'll see Ramsay sexually abuse Reek too? (Not that what he makes Reek do isn't sexual abuse...)

As long as they leave at the scene where he takes a dump on her chest.... Shudder

But I agree, a fake Sansa would allow for more leeway to show the abuse of Ros/Jeyne/Whatever.

It would also show that Littefinger's speech when she was crying about Robert's murdered bastard excellent (and uber chilling) foreshadowing.

Then there's always the possibility they'll just go the road of 'everyone knows this isn't Arya, it's ridiculously obvious but what do we say?'

Wait, Ramsay SHAT ON HER CHEST? :stillsick: I can't believe I don't remember that. Well, either way, it would be definitely toned down, if they even bother including it. Heh. Joffrey's scene with the whores is mere child's play compared to Jeyne's wedding night.

Oh, as for Ramsay sexually abusing Reek, judging by the spoilers for this season:

[ spoiler ]

Apparently Theon is nearly raped by Bolton men, but Ramsay saves him by killing them. This works well because not only would it make Theon feel emasculated, but it would also make him feel indebted to Ramsay

[ /spoiler ]

Agree on the foreshadowing bit. It goes well with Jeyne getting "training" in the brothel.

The way I see it, they have 3 seperate ways to fulfill the Ros saga.

Once LF leaves KL, there's no real use for her. So they can either: 1) have her as a substitute for Dontos 2) have her as a substitute for Kyra-she can choose to leave KL, and head home, only to be captured and taken to the Dreadfort 3) have her as a substitute for fake Arya. Either way, poor old Ros is going to suffer. (I guess that should satisfy book purists)

Wait, Ramsay SHAT ON HER CHEST? :stillsick: I can't believe I don't remember that. Well, either way, it would be definitely toned down, if they even bother including it. Heh. Joffrey's scene with the whores is mere child's play compared to Jeyne's wedding night.

Oh, as for Ramsay sexually abusing Reek, judging by the spoilers for this season:

[ spoiler ]

Apparently Theon is nearly raped by Bolton men, but Ramsay saves him by killing them. This works well because not only would it make Theon feel emasculated, but it would also make him feel indebted to Ramsay

[ /spoiler ]

Agree on the foreshadowing bit. It goes well with Jeyne getting "training" in the brothel.

The way I see it, they have 3 seperate ways to fulfill the Ros saga.

Once LF leaves KL, there's no real use for her. So they can either: 1) have her as a substitute for Dontos 2) have her as a substitute for Kyra-she can choose to leave KL, and head home, only to be captured and taken to the Dreadfort 3) have her as a substitute for fake Arya. Either way, poor old Ros is going to suffer. (I guess that should satisfy book purists)

Yep, another poster on here told me after I asked

what Ramsay did to Jeyne with his dogs,

I totally agree on the bolded. I think Shae will substitute Dontos, so I think it'll be option 2 or 3.

It does make me sad to think people would actually be happy to see Ros receive the Reek treatment. Theon didn't deserve it and he actually did bad things.

That's actually a good theory. I had assumed Littlefinger was doing her due to her red hair etc...

I have no idea how they'll have a fake Arya now, but a fake Sansa? In the books it's stated she's well developed and curvy for her age, and if the whole Harry the Heir thing is in the show that could be much more interesting with Sansa plotting against LittleFinger because of Fake Sansa in Winterfell.

Its terrible actually.

She's about 12-15 yrs older than arya.

Its terrible actually.

She's about 12-15 yrs older than arya.

Unless they do FakeSansa?

I like the idea that everyone would know it isn't really Arya and their reactions. In the books we only get Theon's POV and he suspects people know. I would love to see the Northmen reaction to such a ridiculous 'Arya'

I'm thinking Ros will take over for Dontos and give Sansa the hair net (possibly this season) and then, next season lead her to the ship. Littlefinger will have found out that she was working for Varys and will (hopefully) kill her like Dontos.

I actually really liked the Ros/Shae conversation. A nice callback to Ros actually being from Winterfell, and showing the common people's respect/reverence for the Stark family.

:agree: My thoughts exactly. And I guess they wanted to show the difference between Shae and Ros. Two persons "working" in the same field, but two completely different characters. And after all, Shae is known at court as Sansa's handmaid.

Where can I find this?

I had no idea about shitting on chests!

I'm not sure sorry, I asked on a thread (I think it might have been the Hypothetical Ramsay Bolton thread?) about

what he did to Jeyne with the dogs as they were bitches, and a poster said it was implied he defecated on Jeyne and Theon.

Regarding Ros taking Dontos role:

Ros taking Dontos spot doesn't make much sense because Littlefinger has taken Dontos spot. The whole point of using Dontos was so that Littlefinger wouldn't be directly seen interacting with Sansa and he wouldn't be suspected in her disappearance at all. Sansa doesn't even know that Littlefinger is behind Dontos. TV Littlefinger conspires directly with Sansa to help her escape in public places, so what's the point of having a Dontos replacement?

I actually like Ros. Esmee Bianco is IMO a good actress and Ros seems like a very clever and calculated character. I really wonder in which direction D&D are taking her! It anoys me that people talk shit about her, just because she is a non-book character made up by the showrunners.

I hate her, because she is a non-book character that gets alot of screentime while actual important book characters, who I've really enjoyed reading about, get introduced later or left out completly.

That fact places Ros very high on my show character hate list. So far she is #2, but i have a strong feeling, that this season she will take Jof's #1 spot ;) (I saw neither Val nor Dalla, but had to endure what seemed an eternity with her...)

I actually like Ros. Esmee Bianco is IMO a good actress and Ros seems like a very clever and calculated character. I really wonder in which direction D&D are taking her! It anoys me that people talk shit about her, just because she is a non-book character made up by the showrunners.

I second that Warrior Queen. Fanboys seem to have a problem with her and are unable absorb the scene dynamic for frothing over Ros' existence.

I second that Warrior Queen. Fanboys seem to have a problem with her and are unable absorb the scene dynamic for frothing over Ros' existence.

I wrote what i hate about it the most.

GRRM gave the showrunners more than 2000 characters to pick from, but no they have to create their own. Why on gods green earth they would choose a for the story completely useless whore, i can't understand at all.

So this, non-book character gets alot of (imo wasted) screentime, while other important, funny or intriguing book characters get left out, is what i hate... alot!

GRRM gave the showrunners more than 2000 characters to pick from, but no they have to create their own. Why on gods green earth they would choose a for the story completely useless whore, i can't understand at all.

So this, non-book character gets alot of (imo wasted) screentime, while other important, funny or intriguing book characters get left out, is what i hate... alot!

The fact that you refer to her character as a "useless whore", not only speaks volumes, but proves my point. If she didn't have breasts and a vulva, would you like her better?

The fact that you refer to her character as a "useless whore", not only speaks volumes, but proves my point. If she didn't have breasts and a vulva, would you like her better?

No, if the character was a male character who they made up and devoted practically the same amount of screen time they do to many of the PoV characters that would be annoying too. Not that all of her scenes are bad, but there is virtually always something that they have to cut due to time restrictions that would be better.

Ros introduces us to Theon and his attitude to women.

She gives us an inside view on Littlefinger.

She shows us Pycelle is not quite the doddery, sweet old man he is pretending to be and demonstrates that Joffrey is a sadist.

Ie she's used as a link and to show us the darker aspects of life in KL, I think that's pretty good.

No, if the character was a male character who they made up and devoted practically the same amount of screen time they do to many of the PoV characters that would be annoying too. Not that all of her scenes are bad, but there is virtually always something that they have to cut due to time restrictions that would be better.

You know this how? Have you personally read every script. pour over every story board and hashed out what, who, when, where and how D&D plan their adaptation? Or is it just want YOU want to see so be damned that the professionals film what they want to film?

Ros introduces us to Theon and his attitude to women.

She gives us an inside view on Littlefinger.

She shows us Pycelle is not quite the doddery, sweet old man he is pretending to be and demonstrates that Joffrey is a sadist.

Ie she's used as a link and to show us the darker aspects of life in KL, I think that's pretty good.

She also introduces us to Tyrion when he arrives North with the royal family.

Which is why, most likely, Tywin will kill Shae.

I won be into it, but for tv and for Tyrion needing a good reason to kill him. Makes sense.

It will be like tysha 2.0

Agreed, Shae has done several selfless things in the tv show, so the book events wouldn't really make sense.

Archived