Shae and Ros scene

Ghosteline

I'm not a fan of completely made up characters like Ros, especially when so many from the book has been omitted. That scene in particular was kind of tacky to me personally, I suppose the message was that whores have hearts too.

Seeing the episode again I just wondered another thing.

How do Ros and Shae know each other are prostitutes? So far as we know, they have never seen each other before.

Shae is Lorathi, Ros is a northerner. They don't have anything in common.

have they been watching the show?

NB: I am now deleting posts with spoilers drawn from future events in the books.

Correct spoiler tags, once the spaces inside the square brackets have been removed:

[ spoiler ]

Jon Snow will become God Emperor

[ /spoiler ]

Use them or lose your posts.

How do Ros and Shae know each other are prostitutes? So far as we know, they have never seen each other before.

If she's in cahoots with Varys, there's a chance she knows.

Maybe they have spidey senses?

Which is why, most likely,

Tywin will kill Shae.

I won be into it, but for tv and for Tyrion needing a good reason to kill him. Makes sense.

It will be like tysha 2.0

It does NOT make sense. Well maybe it does, but it would be a really REALLY weak way to do it. Honestly, I will be so angry at D and D if that's what they do...

Unless they do FakeSansa?

I like the idea that everyone would know it isn't really Arya and their reactions. In the books we only get Theon's POV and he suspects people know. I would love to see the Northmen reaction to such a ridiculous 'Arya'

I could see the first sentence, but its a stretch b/c she'd probably be wanted for her part of the purple wedding, but maybe not.[/spoiiler]

I loathe the idea of a super fake fake arya, its just not believable to me

and its not somethijg that the types of minds we're dealing with of these characters.

i think we've been getting the idea since we met Shae in Tyrion's tent that she isn't exactly who she appears to be. maybe it is helpful to be reminded of it now, if things go according to the book.

then we won't have to have revisions by D&D to make us sympathetic to Tyrion's murderous impulses.

Maybe, but she was a lot more soft and feminine, and more importantly

She didn't profess to love Tyrion like she did in the movie, she was a purely sexual animal. IMO it made her eventual betrayal of Tyrion far more believable, now it'll just be like... WTF?

I like the fact that she's not a caricature of an evil slutty woman. No character in either the books or the show is just purely sexual imo, all of them have their own passions and foibles. The show giving Shae some substance will make the betrayal far more interesting.

As for the Ros and Shae scene, it's cool that they're in such similar positions but in ways that aren't obvious (i.e. being "whores"). Each is with one man who underestimates her talent for deception. I think it's touching that each of these women has something of an emotional connection to the far more innocent creature that is Sansa; they all have in common the fact that they need to deceive in order to protect themselves.

True, mayhaps

this new Myranda character is Arya? if so, I'm very interested to see the resemblance.lack of.

Me too. Im warming up to options with Ros, im just having trouble figuring out how, if she reports to Varys

lf is gonna get sansa out of there without varys knowing

I like the fact that she's not a caricature of an evil slutty woman. No character in either the books or the show is just purely sexual imo, all of them have their own passions and foibles. The show giving Shae some substance will make the betrayal far more interesting.

As for the Ros and Shae scene, it's cool that they're in such similar positions but in ways that aren't obvious (i.e. being "whores"). Each is with one man who underestimates her talent for deception, unaware that she is aligned with his most formidable foe (Ros and Varys, later Shae and Tywin). I think it's touching that each of these women has something of an emotional connection to the far more innocent creature that is Sansa; they all have in common the fact that they need to deceive in order to protect themselves.

Her loving Tyrion also makes for better tv for the average non reading viewer i think.

I really don't get Shae. I have no problem with Ros even though she's an entirely new character, she serves a purpose of giving us insight to character motivations and attitudes that you miss when there's no internal monologue. She's also a good actor, at least. I hope they prove me wrong but anything that happens with Shae is looking like it's going to be super cheesy and unnecessary.

Me too. Im warming up to options with Ros, im just having trouble figuring out how, if she reports to Varys

lf is gonna get sansa out of there without varys knowing

Well,

knowing Varys, they'll add a hint in the show that The Spider knew all along and it worked for his Wolf vs Lion plans.

Maybe its because they're women.

Women know when other women are whores.

There's something in their expression that screams "i hate that i sell myself, but its my only choice"

Also, Ros only assumes.

Even then LF may have said something. he seems to think he knows everything.

It is to establish the fact that Ros has highly tuned and accurate whore radar, and to let the viewers know in more explicit detail that Littlefinger really wants to get in Sansa's pants or skirts in the parlance of the times.

I liked this scene. Apparently I'm the only person here who doesn't hate Ros and think she is a "waste of screen time." Probably because I watched season one before I read the books.

I actually like her character. I think she plays it very well also. I don't particularly like Littlefinger's portrayal and perhaps some people put the blame on her for some of it, and some people claim she's a bad actor which I really don't get.

But on a sidenote, watching the series before reading the books is actually a benefit I wish I had. It makes you like the show more without changing anything for your appreciation of the books at all.

Archived