[Book Spoiler] well gosh, that's a curious song to play at a wedding... huh? what?

I think we all know what happens here.

I'm going to miss her humanness, so to speak. ... Brilliant actress. Perfect for the role.

Mark it down, around 9:55 EST, and note the collective groan rumble skyward from the legions of the unwitting among us.

I do hope, if nothing else, Smalljon pimp slaps Raymond with a mutton leg.

You have no idea how much I've wanted to tell friends and co-workers (all of whom have not read any of the book) that this is the episode that will make this season. I've only ever told them that this will be the season.

Hopefully the reactions among the unsullied will be epic. I'm only concerned that the tv fans don't really seem to care for Robb's storyline nearly as much as book readers did. That's at least the impression I get from people I know who watch the show but can't seem to understand written words.

Hopefully the reactions among the unsullied will be epic. I'm only concerned that the tv fans don't really seem to care for Robb's storyline nearly as much as book readers did. That's at least the impression I get from people I know who watch the show but can't seem to understand written words.

The show needs to make Robb do something badass this season so the viewers will like him more.

The show needs to make Robb do something badass this season so the viewers will like him more.

They really do need to build him up more and I think he is going to use the slaughter at Harrenhal as a sort of rallying point for his troops and maybe they take a castle or two in the Westerlands?

I think that they do need to change the context of Karstarks betrayal though, he has to do something more drastic then just kill two prisoners. Maybe he will do something to seriously threaten Cat or Talisa's life? Robb's actions need to be justified in the viewers eyes.

They really do need to build him up more and I think he is going to use the slaughter at Harrenhal as a sort of rallying point for his troops and maybe they take a castle or two in the Westerlands?

I think that they do need to change the context of Karstarks betrayal though, he has to do something more drastic then just kill two prisoners. Maybe he will do something to seriously threaten Cat or Talisa's life? Robb's actions need to be justified in the viewers eyes.

That's an interesting idea, yes. ... I don't really care for the actor that plays Lord Karstark, tbo... He seems wild-eyed and sorta flat in his delivery.

This was one of the most powerful scenes I've ever read. I was absolutely livid, threw the book at the wall and stormed outside fuming. GRRM being able to completely shock you like this is one of the defining features of the books, I hope it translates well to the screen.

I have been fixated with the image of the sword being thrust through Robb's chest ever since reading that chapter. They better do it well!

Interestingly, how much time do you think will be spent on all of this? I don't see them devoting an entire episode to it like Blackwater but i would be good if half, or at least a third of the episode went to this. They need time to build up the sense of foreboding.

Also, how obvious will they make it that Roose is the one that kills Robb?

Either way, i cannot wait for this episode and to see the reaction!

I think it would be great if we had a scene where someone like Tyrion explains to someone(maybe Shae) the backstory of the RoC, while it's being played by a singer at King's Landing, and the scene ends with Tyrion warning Shae to beware of the consequences of crossing Tywin Lannister.

Then, at Edmure's wedding feast, things start to get out of hand. Out of the blue, we hear Grey Wind howl, with Robb and Cat both hearing it and suddenly becoming alert. Everything goes quiet. And then we hear the band start to softly sing "And who, are you, the proud lord said?"

That in itself, would just cause the audience to go, "Awww, shit." And then cue the massacre, as the music gets louder and louder. D and D have said that the music will play a big role in the scene.

At least that's how I picture it in my head anyway.

They won't devote the entire episode. I can see it being a Stark-heavy episode, though.

But what I really want is for the showrunners to make it really look like Arya died too, just to fuck with the non-readers even more.

yes, I love Arya but I want this!

I also want in season four a good amount of grief from Sansa, Jon, Bran, Rickon etc and Arya to just become cold with rage and more murderous, because I want her character to go from cold blooded 'lone wolf' to being part of the pack again by the end of the story. Traumatised, damaged but I see it coming full circle with her and Sansa being closer than close.

I think it would be great if we had a scene where someone like Tyrion explains to someone(maybe Shae) the backstory of the RoC, while it's being played by a singer at King's Landing, and the scene ends with Tyrion warning Shae to beware of the consequences of crossing Tywin Lannister.

Then, at Edmure's wedding feast, things start to get out of hand. Out of the blue, we hear Grey Wind howl, with Robb and Cat both hearing it and suddenly becoming alert. Everything goes quiet. And then we hear the band start to softly sing "And who, are you, the proud lord said?"

That in itself, would just cause the audience to go, "Awww, shit." And then cue the massacre, as the music gets louder and louder. D and D have said that the music will play a big role in the scene.

At least that's how I picture it in my head anyway.

That's awesome man. I also think that before they start singing it they will show the drummer pounding on his drum and hopefully that will be the cameo role of Coldplay's drummer.

I'm starting to worry about what the reaction of my unspoiled friends who come over every week to watch the show will be. One of them is a huge Robb fan although he always talks about how Robb is screwed.

That, and I'm going to bawl like a little baby, which could be a little awkward. Need to find the right amount of booze so I am numbed but not maudlin.

Also, some have suggested that there will be people will quit the show over it. I am sure there will be some of those, but I don't think there will be that many. However, I wonder if a lot of "unsullied" show-only viewers will go out and read the books (or more likely read synopsis of the books online) to see what is to come just to find out if it gets any less depressing. I think that's a more likely reaction for a lot of people, personally.

This was one of the most powerful scenes I've ever read. I was absolutely livid, threw the book at the wall and stormed outside fuming. GRRM being able to completely shock you like this is one of the defining features of the books, I hope it translates well to the screen.

Haha i threw the book at the wall as well, i felt as though i had been kicked in the stomach.

Archived