[Book Spoiler] well gosh, that's a curious song to play at a wedding... huh? what?

Viewer feedback is going to be nothing compared to the amount of bitching and moaning that will happen on these forums after the episodes airs.

Lol, Ned Stark's death is so tame in comparison. The RW is basically the destruction of the Stark army, the Stark dynasty and the possibility that the Stark family might reunite.

Such a shame Larry Williams got spoiled.

I don't hate Talisa or anything but I'm hoping for good drama's sake, she's ousted as a traitor and replaces Jinglebell as being the person at the wedding who gets their throat slit by Cat. That, or she will be Lady Stoneheart's first kill instead of a few random Freys to give the moment more oomph.

Talisa as Jinglebell would just not work. It was Cat's last attempt to save her son. She thought Walder would want to protect him, but "he was never much use."

Why would she haggle with Talisa?

unless...

Talisa Frey!!! It all makes sense now!

Do you think that this will be told in the same vein as "Blackwater" where the entire episode is focusing on one event?

As much as I want them to do it justice, I kind of hope this isn't the case. The fact that it is happening in episode 9 (the big event/game changer for the past two seasons) is already a hint to the few people who don't know its coming. I kind of want D&D to lead people into thinking the jaw-dropping moment will be in another storyline. I'm not sure which, I just hope that when it happens it is still a shock.

I also think the iconic King wolf-head would be a chilling/amazing opener to ep 10.

I'm getting goosebumps just reading this thread.

I was half spoilered on this scene (stupid Wikipedia...) but I misread it and thought the 2 met their end at Winterfell, so I was still surprised. Viewers are going to lose their minds. So excited!

That whole chapter was really written incredibly well. The momentary relief, the mounting tension created by all the background details that're just so subtly off, and then finally the explosion of outrage at "... sends his regards." - I really hope they can nail it.

If they don't end the ep with Arya taking an anonymous ax to the back of the head as she runs for The Twins, I will be absolutely livid. That would be the perfect cliffhanger.

Also, I think it would be pretty awesome if the singer of the band that sings RoC is a cameo of Matt Berninger, the singer for The National.

That whole chapter was really written incredibly well. The momentary relief, the mounting tension created by all the background details that're just so subtly off, and then finally the explosion of outrage at "... sends his regards." - I really hope they can nail it.

'

D and D alluded to they think they pulled it off, which means they nailed it. I have faith in'em.

Doom Boom, Doom Boom

I also think the iconic King wolf-head would be a chilling/amazing opener to ep 10.

Yes I see this too. Along with Cat's body getting thrown into the river. But perhaps after a scene where Arya gets hit on the back of her head by an unseen character. Mostly because I want the ending of ep 9 to be exactly as the ending of Cat's RW chapter, and not with Arya getting knocked out.

I was unspoiled before reading the RW. It left me catatonic with shock- for days. I simply couldn't get it out of my head- It's surely got to be the most horrifically depressing thing I have ever read, and frankly left me numb to the dramas of the PW. I never expected Robb to win any time soon, but I didn't expect it to end with such sudden finality without the Lannisters being directly involved.

I think Walder Frey's facial expressions: the delight, the mockery, the gloating, and the Grey Wind/Robb imagery forms a massive part of the horror of the event, and of my subsequent loathing of the Frey's but I'm struggling to see how they will incorporate this into the episode whilst still providing the viewer with the OMG ending of Cat having her throat cut, or Arya "dying".

The best way around this I can think of would be:

a) Cutting to Walder Frey looking loathsomely delighted as Roose stabs Robb- a 1 second shot which would win 4 million people wishing his personal death.

B) continuing the scene in episode 10, as suggested, with the music stopped, Robb's body being the opening horrific shot, panning across the dead men outside, and Cat's body floating down the river, before picking up with "not dead" Arya.

I would be so disappointed if they miss out Walder Frey's behaviour, because his reaction is the reason why I hate him so much more than Roose Bolton, even though it was Roose sticking the sword in.

I know I'm in the minority here but I hate Robb especially tv Robb, shame about Greywind though. I cheered when Roose said "Jaime Lannister sends his regards" I just hope D&D don't fuck it up, as my faith in them is rapidly decreasing.

Well, being a sadist as I am, I wish Arya doesn't even appear in episode 10 and only come back on season 4. But it would be impossible to maintain the lie, then I'll be satisfied with only one-week-of-unsullied-fans-suffering instead of a year-of-it HAHA

Archived