[Book Spoiler] well gosh, that's a curious song to play at a wedding... huh? what?

The thing about Robb and Grey Wind's bodies being defiled is that it's utterly horrific in the books because we only have the words and our imagination; actually showing it, I could almost see the wolf head being sewn on as looking really goofy if it's not done right.

Either way, the way Robb and Cat's bodies are treated really showed you what you're dealing with in the Freys. The RW is brutal enough, but then you add that in addition and you're just absolutely seeing red.

Talisa as Jinglebell would just not work. It was Cat's last attempt to save her son. She thought Walder would want to protect him, but "he was never much use."

Why would she haggle with Talisa?

unless...

Talisa Frey!!! It all makes sense now!

Too funny! And Cat would never kill Talisha. I agree, my Lord!

Also, I think it will be Jaime that tells the story of the Reynes of Castamere to Brienne sometime during their journey. He'll be singing or humming the song which will annoy her and then he'll tell her the story behind it, whether she wants to hear it or not.

That makes sense. I've wondered about how non-book readers would respond to Rains of Castamere. Would they even recognize the impending doom that song would intend to the Starks? D&D will *have* to lay down some backstory.

My main fear is that Talisa contaminates the Red Wedding, just as she as contaminated Robb "YOLO" Stark's character in general.

I bet Season 3 ends with the Lady-Stoneheart epilogue. Nothing she does in the epilogue spoils the reader for anything else from Storm of Swords that they are deferring to Season 4, and it will give the viewers a scrap of closure.

When I read the Red Wedding, I contacted, friends, acquaintances, and practical strangers whom I knew read ASOIAF, and begged desperately for hope. When I was still reading Clash of Kings, I declared to my elder cousin (who originally recommended ASOIAF to me) that victory for the King in the North was inevitable . "Robb Stark cannot be beaten on the battlefield," he said with a smirk. Damn.

Here's how I want the scene panning out:

First shot of Arya and Hound at say around dusk-ish with the sun setting and all, seeing the Twins from a distance.

Change to a shot of a chat between Robb and Catelyn. In the background there's cheery songs going on, Umber leading it. Change to a shot of Edmure kissing Roslin while Catelyn notes how happy he is. Change to a snidy comment by Walder about how boring the wedding is panning out to be compared to the bucketloads of weddings he's attended/ been a part of. He calls for the bedding, so as to have it finished soon. Change to a scene with a brawl between Bolton and one of the Freys. Robb stands up to calm Bolton down. Suddenly the music changes tempo to RoC. Grey Wind howls. An arrow fizzes past Robb's head, while one of the bannermen save Robb from the next sacrificing himself. Fighting in the background, with Starks being slaughtered because of the lack of weapons. Robb is taken on his knees and there's a close-up with his opponent standing behind him at sword point. Catelyn pleads, holding some young Frey (Jinglebell?) with a dagger through the throat. The camera closes to show nobody but Robb, and we hear 'Jaime Lannister sends his regards and the camera panning out to see not a Frey, but Bolton. Catelyn kills her man and we leave the scene with her being mad (like the book).

Going back to Arya, they close in on the Twins and steel sounds in the camps outside, she tries to run inside when Hound is trying to tell her there's no point. BAM, end with an axe to the head.

I could almost see the wolf head being sewn on as looking really goofy if it's not done right.

Either way, the way Robb and Cat's bodies are treated really showed you what you're dealing with in the Freys. The RW is brutal enough, but then you add that in addition and you're just absolutely seeing red.

I agree, I'm not even sure what I'm expecting it to look like on screen. I still think they could do it well, but it seems like something they might be tempted to leave out.

If they do skip it, they need something equally horrifying to still convey the utter brutality of the whole thing and just how twisted it was. It isn't enough for them just to be sly murderers, they have to be totally irredeemable so that when something as nasty as Frey pie happens, it actually seems like brilliant justice!

I bumped into some fellow watcher friends on saturday by chance at a restaurant so we sat together and we briefly dicsussed the show. They have no idea whats going to happen. I did make the terrible mistake of one night, incredibly inhebriated, of telling one of the slowest people I know the entire plot up to Dance with Dragons, and during a beach trip she let out what happens to Robb to the other fans and I couldnt believe she did that and I swore I was never going to tell her anything, good thing she is really slow so she doesnt remember many things that well so she can ruin it.

Anyway, on saturday we discussed how things were and how slow the show is going (i dont care, I think the show is going well, actually to me its actually going better because we are just really close to the RW and Joffrey and Marg's which really just kicks everything in the chin) and talked about last season's cliffhanger with Samwell and the Walkers and that ending up becoming pointless and wondered where would the budget go, so I figured it would be gone to Dany's Dragon payment for the unsullied, the RW and apparently the battle at the Wall. This season may be the slowest to kick off but its certainly going to end with a bang.

Also I hate how people have little patience and little minds sometimes, this one girl saw the whole Cat being arrested as a stupid thing to do without thinking the political reasons for doing that. Then again, maybe during Cat's chapters she may have said something about it being Robb's duty and thats why I understand the whole thing better,

They won't devote the entire episode. I can see it being a Stark-heavy episode, though.

But what I really want is for the showrunners to make it really look like Arya died too, just to fuck with the non-readers even more.

Absolutely! My favorite character by far! I was devastated and so angry while I read it I want others to feel the same grief. lol. Too bad they don't have the book to be able to immediately flip through the titles desperately looking for her name. haha. That should be the very last scene. A full shot of her running and then out of nowhere she turns around real quick and an ax starting to come down on the screen. My friends are going to be antsy for a week. lol.

They won't devote the entire episode. I can see it being a Stark-heavy episode, though.

But what I really want is for the showrunners to make it really look like Arya died too, just to fuck with the non-readers even more.

I want this to happen so bad. This is episode is going to be crazy. I explained to my dad what the Rains of Castamere is about tonight but it won't be the same when it is explained in the show. 6 more episodes guys!!

How well do you think the RW will be handled? Do you think it will be as powerful as it was in the books, with the backstory now being different, and without the narration of Cat watching her "last" child die?

I'm sure the acting is going to absolutely gut me. I love Michelle and Richard's relationship. Their chemistry in the end of season 1 and beginning of season 2 was so amazing that what has happened since still hasn't dampened it for me. I really do not want to watch this episode. But at the same time I really, really do.

I believe it will be a full dedicated episode because there is so much

It will be obvious that something big is happening if it's a full episode. Maybe the episode should start with them arriving at the Twins, then near the end, the final 20 minutes or so is the RW.

I've posted before that it should be a Stark-heavy episode. Here's what I'm hoping for:

-Previously on Thrones and Opening theme

-Robb and friends arrive at Twins

-Jon arrives at Castle Black maybe?

-Arya and the Hound reach the Trident, and they get on their boat and head for the Twins

-Bran at the Nightfort/Sam meeting?

-Preparations for the battle at Castle Black begin

-SLAUGHTER TIME AT THE TWINS :D, though the RW needs to be interrupted, cutting to Arya's POV, with her realizing something is wrong. THEN the final scene there should be Catelyn getting killed.

-Next, while escaping the Twins, Arya gets whacked upside the head by the Hound (actually I hope they don't show his face so viewers think the Freys attacked her too). Then the screen cuts to black, then all of a sudden you hear the sound of a dire wolf running, and the screen opens back up through the eyes of Nymeria, watching the Brotherhood drag Catelyn's body out of the river. Credits begin with Rains of Castamere, or maybe one of those sad "Stark" tracks from season 1/2 (like Goodbye Brother, Winterfell, etc.)

With that, each character in the episode gets plenty of screentime, not much cutting back and forth.

Then, for a very disturbing opening for the finale, episode 10 should open up with complete silence, cutting to different views of the Twins after the slaughter, Grey Wind's head on Robb, dead bannermen, etc., then the next scene should be from Tyrion's POV, hearing screaming and crying coming from Sansa's room at King's Landing. Since the "Mhysa" scene might be ending the season, the scene before that should be Arya waking up.

I've red many post about people fearing that unsullied friends won't have such an amazing reaction about RW as book readers had, because unsullied friends simply don't like Robb and they predict his doom. I just hope that HBO shows at least something cool about Robb, which will give his fans back. What I wanted to say, that after Robb's marriage I also thought that he is doomed, till Cat's relief in Twins about guests safety. From that moment I was sure it will be alright ;) and so he spoke.. and so he spoke.. :)

Since the "Mhysa" scene might be ending the season, the scene before that should be Arya waking up.

I think there would be more intrigue if Tyron finds his family laughing about RW, before arya wakes up.

Archived