Ygritte (book spoilers)

Does anyone else see D&D combining her character with Val's? Since I don't think they are introducing Val or Dalla this season I cant help but think they will. Her death is powerful and vital to Jon's development. I just have this bad feeling that after Jon defends the wall and allows the Wildlings through it will be Ygritte he sends to go find Tormmund. Sigh..

As much as it would be awesome if she didn't have to die, her death is kinda vital to Jon's development over the whole story. It'll be so sad when she does die though :(

On a sort of related note, I'm very glad she isn't Tormund's daughter, as one poster suggested before the first episode aired. That would have been rather daft.

Nope, her death is a dramatic moment that D&D can't possibly think of passing up. It'll make for awesome TV. Besides, Val has already been cast, so it's likely the showrunners have thought this through.

The only real question for the adaptation is whether she'll die by Jon's hand.

Nope, her death is a dramatic moment that D&D can't possibly think of passing up. It'll make for awesome TV. Besides, Val has already been cast, so it's likely the showrunners have thought this through.

The only real question for the adaptation is whether she'll die by Jon's hand.

God I hope not :( Certainly not on purpose anyway, that would destroy Jon's character.

But yeah, her death is a turning point in Jon's story and has far too much potential to leave out.

It would rob them of the chance of having another blonde bombshell in the cast.

And it would create a host of problems for Jon on the wall. He couldn't have the girl he had been sleeping with in the castle, especially with his big promotion coming up...

God I hope not :( Certainly not on purpose anyway, that would destroy Jon's character.

I hope not too, but this is TV, so you can never tell how much they'll want to ramp up the drama. In the book, Jon was mostly sure his arrow wasn't the one that took her.

Archived