Tyrion is a Targaryen (His Siblings may be as well)

mattah84

• 4 weeks later...

Am I the only one who would enjoy Tyrion being a secret Targ? Starting in aGoT, there are only 5 POV characters that have their own main story line that the books really revolve around and really drive the storyline through beginning to present. Jon, Arya, Jamie, Tyrion, and Dany. There are other POV characters like Sansa or Theon, but they do not alter main story line would not alter drastically. I would personally have loved it if Sansa would have fell off a donkey to her death descending from the Eeryie, or see Varys and Littlefinger die from each others schemes. There are other POV characters like Stannis that are major players, but we did not have them as a POV starting in aGoT. Point being - We need 3 heads of the dragon for the main story line, and we know for fact that Jamie and Arya are not Targs. Out of the remaining 3, Dany is obviously Targ, Jon is almost certain, and Tyrion is a possible. Not likely, but possible. It would really make sense if you look at Martin's pattern of leaving us subtle clues.

Am I the only one who would enjoy Tyrion being a secret Targ? Starting in aGoT, there are only 5 POV characters that have their own main story line that the books really revolve around and really drive the storyline through beginning to present. Jon, Arya, Jamie, Tyrion, and Dany. There are other POV characters like Sansa or Theon, but they do not alter main story line would not alter drastically. I would personally have loved it if Sansa would have fell off a donkey to her death descending from the Eeryie, or see Varys and Littlefinger die from each others schemes. There are other POV characters like Stannis that are major players, but we did not have them as a POV starting in aGoT. Point being - We need 3 heads of the dragon for the main story line, and we know for fact that Jamie and Arya are not Targs. Out of the remaining 3, Dany is obviously Targ, Jon is almost certain, and Tyrion is a possible. Not likely, but possible. It would really make sense if you look at Martin's pattern of leaving us subtle clues.

You must be. I asked the question in the last thread about that a few days ago ( http://asoiaf.wester...t/page__st__440 ) and I've still to find another person liking the idea.

Personnally I'm in the category believing he his a secret targ (or finding it very likely at least), but still thinking it's a rather bad idea for the character as it would weaken several aspects of his story (tragic relation with Tywin etc...) and doesn't look that necessary (even imaginining we need a third head of the dragon -which would be a very litteral interpretation of propheties- and have no other option, or that he needs a particular relation with them to be accepted by Dany and become her hand, his knowledge of dragons may be enough for that).

Archived