Tyrion is a Targaryen (His Siblings may be as well)

mattah84

I always assumed the white lion was the hrakar Drogo killed for Dany. Not all of th visions she saw were prophecies. Like others stated, other characters have different colored eyes and no one else is all "OMG SECRET TARG"

The only reason Tywin denies Tyrion is because he doesn't like to believe he could create such an "ill-made, spiteful little creature" when his two other children are so golden and beautiful. Tywin marrying a cousin isn't Targ-like; its what they did in medieval times.

Sorry, I hate every theory that every thee character is a secret Targ. I've had dragon dreams, does that mean I'm one too?

I always assumed the white lion was the hrakar Drogo killed for Dany. Not all of th visions she saw were prophecies. Like others stated, other characters have different colored eyes and no one else is all "OMG SECRET TARG"

The only reason Tywin denies Tyrion is because he doesn't like to believe he could create such an "ill-made, spiteful little creature" when his two other children are so golden and beautiful. Tywin marrying a cousin isn't Targ-like; its what they did in medieval times.

Sorry, I hate every theory that every thee character is a secret Targ. I've had dragon dreams, does that mean I'm one too?

Yes welcome your majesty you are the new secret Targ :rofl:

once joanna was sitting in the toilet of KL and aerys secretly followed her. he gave his dick to her through gloryhole. she thought it was tywin's dick but it was aerys who was standing on the other side of the toilet wall receiving all the pleasure. and this is how tyrion was born.

Ι will ask once more because that is so wrong. By this quote you mean that Targs are immune to sickness?

Because at this case the Great Spring Sickness disagree(s) vigorously and the dead Daeron the Good, Valarr and Matarys Targs all of them

Ask it all you want. My answer will still be the same. I never said that all Targaryens are immune to sickness. I said that it seems like there is something special about Tyrion, and that he may be immune to sickness. This could be either because of his dwarfism, or because of his bloodline. I understand that Targaryens are not immune to disease, but for some reason both Septa Lemore and Tyrion didn't get sick with Grey Scale when they went into the water. But Jon Connington got Grey Scale when he saved Tyrion. Do we know anybody else besides Tyrion and Septa Lemore that went into the water and didn't get Grey Scale? We don't know anything about Septa Lemore other then she is a septa for the faith of the seven, and that tyrion sees stretch marks on her belly.

The White Lion thing could very well just mean the one that Drogo killed. It definitely makes alot of sense.

Also, Tyrion isn't an "ill-made, spiteful little creature". Tyrion is actually the most kind of all of his immediate family and shows the most compassion of any of them. If anything, Cersei is the one that is ill made and spiteful. Tywin just sees Tyrion that way because he thinks he may not be his child. Tywin says that Tyrion is his punishment from the Gods because he cannot prove that he is not his child, so by all the laws of gods and men he has to take care of him and let him walk around as a lannister. I think that if Tywin just thought Tyrion was one-hundred percent a Lannister, it doesn't make sense to hate him so much and be so cruel.

Can you tell me another House in Westeros besides the Lannisters and the Targaryens where it is a common thing for Family Members to marry each other?? I for one think that marrying within the family is something that is kind Targaryenish to do. I don't remember this being a common thing throughout the series. I remember hearing about the Targs doing it, the Lannisters, and thats it really. But maybe I am missing some familes.......am I?

Ask it all you want. My answer will still be the same. I never said that all Targaryens are immune to sickness. I said that it seems like there is something special about Tyrion, and that he may be immune to sickness. This could be either because of his dwarfism, or because of his bloodline. I understand that Targaryens are not immune to disease, but for some reason both Septa Lemore and Tyrion didn't get sick with Grey Scale when they went into the water. But Jon Connington got Grey Scale when he saved Tyrion. Do we know anybody else besides Tyrion and Septa Lemore that went into the water and didn't get Grey Scale? We don't know anything about Septa Lemore other then she is a septa for the faith of the seven, and that tyrion sees stretch marks on her belly.

so you claim that Tyrion has “special” blood (which isn’t Targ since Targs aren’t immune to sickness) and that is why he is a Targ?

Do we know how or how fast the grayscale spread to the body?

so you claim that Tyrion has “special” blood (which isn’t Targ since Targs aren’t immune to sickness) and that is why he is a Targ?

Do we know how or how fast the grayscale spread to the body?

Look there is something special about Tyrion, and the bloodline from which he comes. He has the same eye color mixup that Sheira Seastar had, another Targaryen. And as you pointed out, the only other person we know besides these two that has it, is MAYBE Euron Crows Eye. According the Theon, Euron's eye patch is covering a Blue Eye thats is undeneath.

Now Euron and his brothers are not Targaryens, but one thing about Euron that we know of is that he drinks "Shade of the Evening". Drinking this stuff turned his lips blue. Not trying to say that this can happen to the eyes, but do we know for sure that it can't do that? Shade of the Evening is a fictional substance made up by GRRM for the sake of his story. Another special thing about Euron Crows Eye, is that he supposedly traveled through the ruins of Valyria and has seen Asshai. It is said that those who travel the Valyrian Ruins often don't return and are never seen again, but Euron returned. The Targaryen's were a Valyrian Family before they fled to Dragonstone, so I don't think it is to crazy to assume that Euron could of picked up his eye afflication in Valyria when he traveled the ruins. He also used to supposedly own a Dragon Egg, so Euron does have somewhat of a murky connection with Valyrians and Targaryens.

I also remember someone having a vision where they said that the greatest threat to Danaerys was "one-eyed creature with ten legs on an ocean of blood" or something like that. It sounds alot like Euron when they say it to. Why would Euron be the greatest threat to Daenarys?

Can you tell me another House in Westeros besides the Lannisters and the Targaryens where it is a common thing for Family Members to marry each other?? I for one think that marrying within the family is something that is kind Targaryenish to do. I don't remember this being a common thing throughout the series. I remember hearing about the Targs doing it, the Lannisters, and thats it really. But maybe I am missing some familes.......am I?

Euron has 1 blue eye and 1 black. He keeps his black eye under the patch. He is called Crows Eye because of his black eye. It has nothing to do with shade of the evening or sailing to Valyria.

And Euron could be lying about sailing to Valyria, he has a crew of mutes so no one can deny it.

Lord Manderly was interested in marrying his cousin Lady Hornwood before Ramsay did, so obviously it isnt an unheard of thing to do.

Also, Tyrion isn't an "ill-made, spiteful little creature". Tyrion is actually the most kind of all of his immediate family and shows the most compassion of any of them. If anything, Cersei is the one that is ill made and spiteful. Tywin just sees Tyrion that way because he thinks he may not be his child. Tywin says that Tyrion is his punishment from the Gods because he cannot prove that he is not his child, so by all the laws of gods and men he has to take care of him and let him walk around as a lannister. I think that if Tywin just thought Tyrion was one-hundred percent a Lannister, it doesn't make sense to hate him so much and be so cruel.

“To teach me humility, the gods have condemned me to watch you waddle about wearing that proud lion that was my father’s sigil and his father’s before him.”

After Tywins mother died his father got himself another girl and people started saying that she was running everything and that his father and House Lannister were weak. People started challenging House Lannister thinking they could get away with it, until Tywin stepped up and Reigns of Castamere'd them. He put them back in their place. He did some dirty shit to make sure his family stays in power. Now along comes Tyrion wanting to do the same thing.

Tywin doesnt have to take care of Tyrion and give him money and everything else. If he believed he wasnt his he could do exactly what Randall Tarley did to Sam.

I never realized that Tyrion, Jon, and Dany all had moms who died in childbirth, that is a very suspicious link.

I think pretty much everyone accepts at this point that the Dragon has three heads means that there are 3 Targs out there.

I'd be very interested to see Tyrion be one of them, perhaps it also explains why he seems to have spiraled downward lately in terms of his mental state.

Either way, in order for the Targ bloodline to continue one of these guys will have to make good on some heirs, and Dany can't have any if what that old woman told her is true. Jon has sworn not to have any (though may still break his vow since he already broke it with Yigritte).

Tyrion seems more likely all the time.

Look there is something special about Tyrion, and the bloodline from which he comes.

Nah it is because he is GRRM's favourite so he survives everything. That is his specialness. Favourite characters tend to have that special ability.

About greyscale. tyrion recieved very excessive treatment.

Connington didn't since he hadn't told anyone that he got it spreading, and he was only for a short time in the water while tyrion longer, so Septa Lemore focused on tyrion.

And again Targs are not immune to sickness. That was Dany being dumb for believing Visers.

Next there is the attraction or lust which we are led to believe that Aerys Targaryen had for Tyrion’s mother Joanna Lannister. This coupled with Tywin telling Tyrion that he cannot prove that he is not his son so he is able to walk around with the Lannister name, further insinuates that Tyrion may not be Tywin’s. A lot of people argue that Tyrion not being Tywin’s would take away from the dynamic of their scenes together, but I think it would only serve to enhance it. Tyrion turned out smart as hell because he was nurtured and raised by Tywin Lannister (a very cunning individual), but the difference is Tyrion’s knack for compassion. He didn’t just help Bran because he was a crippled boy, because he helped Sansa in Kings Landing to when Joffrey was humiliating her. Sansa is not a bastard and doesn’t have a deformity, so Tyrion’s compassion seems to extend beyond Bastards and those with deformities.

So Tyrion inherited some kind of genetic compassion from...Aerys Targaryen? I don't see how that works. If you're claiming that Tyrion can't be Tywin's son because Tywin lacks compassion, then the same logic must be applied to Aerys, who liked to burn people alive for kicks.

Sorry, couldn't resist.

Also, Tyrion isn't an "ill-made, spiteful little creature". Tyrion is actually the most kind of all of his immediate family and shows the most compassion of any of them.

This is a joke. And Techelles asked the right question: Did Tyrion inherit this 'kindness' gene from Aerys?

I think that if Tywin just thought Tyrion was one-hundred percent a Lannister, it doesn't make sense to hate him so much and be so cruel.

If Tywin didn't think Tyrion was 100% Lannister, he would have just let him die when he was born. He wouldn't have even had to do so explicitly. He could have just not ordered the maesters to do everything in their power to keep him alive.

Not exactly the official realm of Westeros, but on the same continent...Craster. Look at what incest is all about with these families -Lannisters, Targaryens, Craster. It's all about narcissism. The Targaryens were into it because of some belief in blood purity. The Lannisters, at least the ones involved in incest, think they are above certain laws and traditions. Craster is all about that chip on his shoulder for being turned away by the Night's Watch as a baby so he went and built himself a 'keep' and stocked it with wives and daughters who become wives. Incest represents narcissism, among other things.

I'm really hoping I'm not sparking some sort of "Craster and all of his daughter-wives are secret Targaryens" thread.

This is a joke. And Techelles asked the right question: Did Tyrion inherit this 'kindness' gene from Aerys?

If you don't think a Targ can be kind and compassionate, then how do you explain Dany? Additionally, we don't know all that much about Joanna, except that Tywin was madly in love with her and most of his personality died with her. Maybe he got it from his mom.

If you don't think a Targ can be kind and compassionate, then how do you explain Dany? Additionally, we don't know all that much about Joanna, except that Tywin was madly in love with her and most of his personality died with her. Maybe he got it from his mom.

Tommen and Myrcella are actually kind. Kevan had his moments as well, he obviously cares about his children. Jaime has his moments as well, when he is capable of caring about people, then he has moments when he is a jerk.

This "inherited the kindness gene" is such a huge strech, especially since tyrion is not really that kind. He is capable of kindness sometimes but just like that he is capable to be ruthless as well like tywin. He is nowhere near the odd one out when it comes to kindness in his family.

The kindesst Lannister title would go to Tommen, Myrcella, maybe Gerion he sounds like a genuenly nice guy, or even Kevan before tyrion.

Btw.: if the kindness thing is because of gene (god lord), who did Myrcella and Tommen get it? Does that mean they are not Jaime's kids? WHo is the true father of Tommen and Myrcella? I think we just stumbled upon one of the greatest misteries of the series!

Can it be.......NED!

Okay, here's the deal. I'm not convinced the Tywin/ Johanna marriage had much to do with "keeping the bloodline pure", but more to do with keeping the two Lannister lines connected. There are tons of instances from Europe where different branches of a noble family intermarries to keep the family alliance together. The Casterly Rock Lannisters and the Lannisport Lannisters probably have a tradition of intermarriage between the family branches to keep the bond between them strong.

I didn't say that I don't think a Targ can be kind or compassionate. I think it's a joke that Tyrion can be called kind and compassionate and an even bigger joke to try to use some sort of 'kindness gene' argument to further a very shaky theory.

I don't think Tyrion is an ill-made, spiteful little creature, Tywin does. He hates Tyrion so much because

1) he killed his beloved Joanna in childbirth and

2) he is both a constant reminder of his wife's death and how imperfect Tywin is. How much Tywin hates Tyrion is not a good reason to say he isn't his son.

Archived