"They're All So Beautiful", a documentary on race and dating

Yagathai

Yes, white men should never defend themselves from being called a racist. How silly.

Just lay back and accept what anybody says about you.

:agree: Isn't it a contradiction to act like all whites are racist? Think about if that was said about any other race?

Oh wait, Yags did call you a racist after your initial bunch of silly overreactions

It's getting pretty funny how worked up you are over this whole thing despite the fact that no one in here has accused you of anything except being defensive and hostile despite none of the content linked actually accusing you of anything.

You are really pushing the "the gentlemen doth protest too much" angle.

So if I make a video like this.

A friend tried to hook me up with a bisexual woman, She's a total bi! like its a good thing.

It isn't a good thing! Bi's are sluts with no concept of monogamy, they are hooked on hard drugs so they steal from you and they have daddy issues. Low self esteem they have.

Bisexual women are not going to have a problem with me saying that ???

There is no difference in that and what the woman in the video was saying. In my eyes it's the same.

No doubt someone will try to whitewash it with some stupid technicality but it's no different in my eyes.

A friend tried to hook me up with a bisexual woman, She's a total bi! like its a good thing.

It isn't a good thing! Bi's are sluts with no concept of monogamy, they are hooked on hard drugs so they steal from you and they have daddy issues. Low self esteem they have.

There is no difference in that and what the woman in the video was saying. In my eyes it's the same.

No doubt someone will try to whitewash it with some stupid technicality but it's no different in my eyes.

That's actually very different than the example terra gave, so your point is kind of a nonsequitir. In his example, and the one in the video, the subject is individuals who have an obsession with dating a particular race.

That's actually very different than the example terra gave, so your point is kind of a nonsequitir. In his example, and the one in the video, the subject is individuals who have an obsession with dating a particular race.

Like I said someone will try to act like it's completely different because it's about race and not about gender sexuality.

Well I don't buy that line, to me it isn't any different when you accuse a whole set of people of something.

People lose their jobs and get bad social stigmas over being accused of racism.

Don't pretend it's no big deal and mock it.

People lose their jobs over anonymous accusations of racism in a message board? If I were your employer I'd be more likely to fire you over the stupid shit you've said in this thread instead of whatever the fuck Yags said to you.

People lose their jobs over anonymous accusations of racism in a message board? If I were your employer I'd be more likely to fire you over the stupid shit you've said in this thread instead of whatever the fuck Yags said to you.

People lose their jobs and get social stigmas for being accused of racism.

I'm self employed so I'm not going to be losing a job. The point is it's a serious thing to call someone a racist, and nothing to be taken lightly and act like it's not a big deal.

Like I said someone will try to act like it's completely different because it's about race and not about gender sexuality.

Well I don't buy that line, to me it isn't any different when you accuse a whole set of people of something.

The only way your example would even be parallel would be if it featured a bisexual woman that was obsessed with race or sex, and then featured commentary on how that obession is fucked up.

I think what you're missing, and what started this whole mess, is that there was never anyone saying theres something wrong with a white guy dating Asian women. You're the one that's been extending the critiques to encompass every white guy that ever looked at an Asian woman.

The only way your example would even be parallel would be if it featured a bisexual woman that was obsessed with race or sex, and then featured commentary on how that obession is fucked up.

I think what you're missing, and what started this whole mess, is that there was never anyone saying theres something wrong with a white guy dating Asian women. You're the one that's been extending the critiques to encompass every white guy that ever looked at an Asian woman.

My example works because you don't have to be obsessed with race or sex to only date Asian women.

You don't have to be a wannabe pedophile that only sees a schoolgirl when he looks at an Asian.

obsessions are not mandatory to make the comparison.

Yep. This has been stated repeatedly in this thread but eye non is obsessed with being called a racist for some reason.

As I pointed out, and TP pointed out more eloquently, these threads always devolve to a white guy claiming victimhood because some minorities complained about stuff that other white people have done.

Yep. This has been stated repeatedly in this thread but eye non is obsessed with being called a racist for some reason.

As I pointed out, and TP pointed out more eloquently, these threads always devolve to a white guy claiming victimhood because some minorities complained about stuff that other white people have done.

That train ain't never late!

So we are back on that? White guys aren't allowed to be offended at being lumped into some stupid stereotype.

I'm not trying to steal that woman's thunder she might get stereotyped worse than I do, or she may not.

I mean she is giving traits to people whom she has never met and saying what they think when they look at her.

@eyenon15

Only dating Asians is not a sexual orientation. That's why the analogy fails.

At the same time, I think this judgement of those with "yellow fever" is a little unfair. A legitimate interest in a foreign culture, to the extent of learning a (at least to a native English speaker) difficult language, might create some common sympathy. And a certain amount of language barrier can skew communication toward simplicity and sincerity which can be refreshing.

And is a white man who only dates Asian women worse than an Asian man who will only date Asian women?

That said, your aggressive, defensive posture is not doing you any favors.

@eyenon15

Only dating Asians is not a sexual orientation. That's why the analogy fails.

At the same time, I think this judgement of those with "yellow fever" is a little unfair. A legitimate interest in a foreign culture, to the extent of learning a (at least to a native English speaker) difficult language, might create some common sympathy. And a certain amount of language barrier can skew communication toward simplicity and sincerity which can be refreshing.

And is a white man who only dates Asian women worse than an Asian man who will only date Asian women?

That said, your aggressive, defensive posture is not doing you any favors.

The analogy works because the point doesn't rely on them both being sexual orientations.

The point relys on the fact that both are claiming knowledge and assigning traits and thoughts to people you don't even know and have never met.

WTF are you talking about?

Look, the video said "People who do X list of things when trying to pick up Asian women are creepy and wrong". Do you do any of the things she mentioned? If not, she is not talking about you.

See, I and most of the rest of the white men who saw the video thought "Oh, I don't do that. So she's not talking about me." And therefore we didn't get all worked up about the whole thing. So why did you?

If someone makes the argument:

"Some people do X" -> "X is bad" -> "Therefore, those people who do X are wrong"

And you think they are talking about you, there's only two possibilities:

1) You do X and are mad that someone is pointing out the stupid shit you do

2) You don't do X and so either have some stupid persecution complex or are just too silly to understand the argument being made

Now, since you feel she is accusing you of something, which is it? Are you doing the things she talks about in the video or not?

Archived