An Aged Missandei

LordStoneheart

She does as every girl does, but I doubt Sansa grew to be taller than her brothers.

I just figured with Tully and Stark blood she would have a good chance of being above average height for a woman. At least show Sansa is older so her growth is more believable. I don't think they could pull off saying she's twelve.

I admit when I saw the killer masked as a sweet little girl art the end of the episode I immediatelly thought here is our perfect Missandei. The girl is like Dany´s little sister in the books, but I understand why the show decided against another child actor in the cast. Dany´s storyline is mostly filmed in a remote and exotic locations like Morocco and there are many limiting rules for child actors which would make the part quite expensive. I think the new adult Missandei will be as much smart and practical, but more like a close friend and confidant for Dany. The dynamics will be different, they will be basically BFF´s. Missandei´s main role will be to help articulate all these hidden thoughts and doubts Dany has. In the books we can hear them through her inner voice, but that´s no possible on the show and she would never discuss them openly with Jorah or Baristan.

As for the infamous scene, I don´t think the show will go there. Even in the books the scene feels forced, but we atleast know before that Dany is used to sleep naked and with her handmaidens in the same bed. We never saw that in the show. I liked the sex education scene with Dany and Doreah in season 1 because it felt natural and playful and erotic. I think we may see a similar scene where Missandei is helping Dany with bath or something and they have a girl talk about her developing crush on Daario and the touching gets a little inappropriate when they are in the moment. Dany will probably deny her attraction to Daario first, claiming she is still mentaly married to Drogo, and Missandei will bring the theme of sex and how dead husband can´t fulfill certain needs.

Her Bloodriders are important, and they have important roles and scenes coming up not only in the books we know of, but also the coming books.

I have a feeling that Dany will kill whichever Khal has found her at the end of ADWD and absorb his kalasar... meaning that her bloodriders will have a more important role over a much larger Khalasar.

Honestly, can you even differentiate between those Bloodriders as characters? She still has at least one bloodrider left on the show in any case, he'll do for any possible important scenes in WoW (can't think of any in DwD)

Honestly, can you even differentiate between those Bloodriders as characters? She still has at least one bloodrider left on the show in any case, he'll do for any possible important scenes in WoW (can't think of any in DwD)

That reminds me , we know what happened to Rakaro.

Kovarro replaces Jhogo and seems to be in both seasons 1 aand 2 (Another name change, but one I don't think anyone would notice.)

Aggo was there in episode 1 of season 2, sent off on the search, he vanishes.

We have not seen him since.

Well the bloodriders Aggo, Jhogo, Rakharo are still there in ADwD , they don't play a big role , but they do ... do things for Dany.

We did not even see Jhogo in episode 1 of season 3, but I think he was left guarding the ships with Aggo and Rakharo (who in the show are no longer there, unless Aggo shows up again!).

Mr Dothraki Beard, several times in season 2, is never identified as an actor, he is by character name (forgot it) in , I think E3s2, but no actor's name, while some 'rioters' are identified!

We shall have to see if he shows up in Season 3.

Me neither. That S1E7 stuff was disgusting. If they absolutely want to picture F/F stuff, then they'd better do it like Renly w/ Loras - subtle and romantic, not all-in craziness that just puts people off.

Renly and Loras were in love and had a serious, long-term relationship. So comparing that to Dany in bed with her handmaiden doesn't make sense.

The lesbian scenes in the book describe a loneliness and a desperate physical/emotional need that Dany has and her faithful servant wanting to please her. Missandei has been a slave all her life, so she will also want to please her master, like Irri in the books. I think there will be loneliness/emotion in that scene, but I think it will be a lot more passionate than the Renly/Loras scene which was about their relationship and their plans more than about sex.

I never got the problem with aging up characters. I've seen people here freak out because they aged up Missandei. Really? Why the hell not? Is it really that much of a problem? It's not like she's a major character anyways.

I never got the problem with aging up characters. I've seen people here freak out because they aged up Missandei. Really? Why the hell not? Is it really that much of a problem? It's not like she's a major character anyways.

Missandei and Dany have a very sweet big sister-little sister relationship in the books. There's nothing wrong with saying that we will miss that aspect in the show.

Renly and Loras were in love and had a serious, long-term relationship. So comparing that to Dany in bed with her handmaiden doesn't make sense.

The lesbian scenes in the book describe a loneliness and a desperate physical/emotional need that Dany has and her faithful servant wanting to please her. Missandei has been a slave all her life, so she will also want to please her master, like Irri in the books. I think there will be loneliness/emotion in that scene, but I think it will be a lot more passionate than the Renly/Loras scene which was about their relationship and their plans more than about sex.

They can show all these things without going all graphical. That's what I meant by 'subtle/romantic'

I think it's not really a bad change at all. First of all, there's only so many great child actors out there, and this show already has a ton. Also, if they want to include the scene with Irri, they can use her instead, something a child actor obviously couldn't do.

That sex scene is almost certainly not going to take place, unless possibly exclusively as a Dany apologizing afterwards - as she did to Irri. There won't be any actual touching, for sure. There wasn't in the Theon/Osha matchup, that one was made totally obvious due to context and later comments. D&D doesn't always take any excuse for showing sex on-screen.

Emilia actually said in an interview connected to season 1 that the sex scene she was most uncomfortable with was the "sex lesson" with Doreah, due to its girl-girl component. That was a fully-clothed scene and much too important for her relationship with Drogo to omit, it pretty much had to be in the show. The Irri scene is much more explicit, so much so that I think she'll refuse (or be extremely reticent) about it and it's not important enough to contractually bludgeon her into it. I don't think it serves any particular purpose as Dany isn't lesbian, nor is there any plot/character-wise need for such a scene.

Besides, one of the key elements about Missandei in the books is that she's knowledgeable about so much, while completely ignorant of any sexual matters. This "blind spot" of hers is rather interesting and I think it might very well come to have significance down the line. Ageing her up doesn't really change this, as she's likely trained almost as harshly as the unsullied.

Emilia actually said in an interview connected to season 1 that the sex scene she was most uncomfortable with was the "sex lesson" with Doreah, due to its girl-girl component. That was a fully-clothed scene and much too important for her relationship with Drogo to omit, it pretty much had to be in the show. The Irri scene is much more explicit, so much so that I think she'll refuse (or be extremely reticent) about it and it's not important enough to contractually bludgeon her into it. I don't think it serves any particular purpose as Dany isn't lesbian, nor is there any plot/character-wise need for such a scene.

I don't give a shit if she's gonna be reticent, that scene is important to the viewer to understand she desperately needs companionship in the bedroom. She already amended her contract to have no more nudity and I think we've had enough of her making demands on changing the scenes.

I don't give a shit if she's gonna be reticent, that scene is important to the viewer to understand she desperately needs companionship in the bedroom. She already amended her contract to have no more nudity and I think we've had enough of her making demands on changing the scenes.

LOL. That's right. Lay down the law on Emilia, via the Internet. "We've had enough." Who's "we" anyway?

One of the silliest posts I've read all day; I hope it was meant as satire.

LOL. That's right. Lay down the law on Emilia, via the Internet. "We've had enough." Who's "we" anyway?

One of the silliest posts I've read all day; I hope it was meant as satire.

We is me and anyone else who agrees that seeing Emilia naked is a good idea. It was meant as satire but with aspects of truth attached.

We is me and anyone else who agrees that seeing Emilia naked is a good idea. It was meant as satire but with aspects of truth attached.

If you want to see her naked, rewatch Season 1, or better yet come to NYC where you can see her naked on Broadway during a bathtub scene in a stage adaptation of "Breakfast at Tiffany's"

Archived