[Book Spoilers] Brown Ben Plumm

tito5601

Personally, i think there need to be 2 sellsword companies, as one of them really needs to betray dany for gold, pick up tyrion outside the gates of mereen, turn again and help out in the battle. This company doesn't neccesarily have to be the one introduced next episode though. Daario could be leading the second sons (after killing Mero), and introduce the storm crows later on with Plumm leading them.

There has to be at least two companies or Frog Martell's, Tyrion Lannister's and Connington's plots - and, by extension, "Griff Jr." plot -won't make sense.

Victarion Greyjoy could always lead a Company instead of just a fleet, but that's about as different as the show could make them.

There's no way the Second sons is the only company on this show, in my opinion.

Since the other thread got locked, I'll post this here:

I posted that in the other thread but for some reason my post was deleted when it closed. No idea why.

Personally though, I wonder how much time the wedding will get in the episode overall, it seems like at least 20 minutes or so, perhaps more.

We have:

Preparations

Actual wedding at sept

whatever that conversation with cersei is

conversation of Tyrion with various characters as he gets drunk

Confrontation with Joffrey

Bedding

Doesn't seem like to much time for the other storylines.

Just curious, has anybody submitted thread requests for this episode, (other than a Major Spoilers thread which I and several others submitted) and they just haven't yet been approved? I'm guessing that's the case, and further guessing that its just that Ran is busy or whatever, and that threads will begin showing up later tonight and overnight. Can't imagine that no one's submitted a Good Nitpick or a Bad Nitpick or any of the other usuals. I don't remember ever seeing this 'no threads' situation before. A bit strange...

I'm curious about the amt of time each storyline gets too since the previws hint at what seem like big and multiple and long scenes for each character. Also the length of the wedding storyline in this episode will probably give a hint to how much RW is in eps 9

There has to be at least two companies or Frog Martell's, Tyrion Lannister's and Connington's plots - and, by extension, "Griff Jr." plot -won't make sense.

Victarion Greyjoy could always lead a Company instead of just a fleet, but that's about as different as the show could make them.

There's no way the Second sons is the only company on this show, in my opinion.

I bet a silver stag Quent Martell and Aeron Greyjoy will be cut altogether, at least as on-screen characters. People are really not coming to terms with how major the changes are going to get by the second half of S4.

I think Brown Ben Plumm will be introduced in Tyrion's arc....when the events towards the end of Book 5 start playing out. A few years away yet. No real need to introduce him now.

And I don't see Daario deceiving Dany. I think he will be true blue as he is in the books. Maybe because I am a romantic and he has such wonderful blue eyes......hmmmm

I bet a silver stag Quent Martell and Aeron Greyjoy will be cut altogether, at least as on-screen characters. People are really not coming to terms with how major the changes are going to get by the second half of S4.

Aeron I agree with his only contribution is the Kingmoot and you could just have that be Ironborn tradition.

but Quentyn leads to Dorne rethinking its alliance with Dany. that's kind of a major plot point..............and theyre going to need some action for Mereen.

I think Brown Ben Plumm will be introduced in Tyrion's arc....when the events towards the end of Book 5 start playing out. A few years away yet. No real need to introduce him now.

And I don't see Daario deceiving Dany. I think he will be true blue as he is in the books. Maybe because I am a romantic and he has such wonderful blue eyes......hmmmm

They could just have most of the "Second Sons" as they are called on the show defect to the slavers' side, with Daario staying with Dany. There doesn't have to be a second company, just someone to get a majority of the sellswords to jump ship (This could be BBP or a BBP replacement).

I don't think they can dispense with the Golden Company, for the sake of Aegon/JonCon's invasion, so I think two sellsword companies total will max out the viewers' appetite for complexity.

They could just have most of the "Second Sons" as they are called on the show defect to the slavers' side, with Daario staying with Dany. There doesn't have to be a second company, just someone to get a majority of the sellswords to jump ship (This could be BBP or a BBP replacement).

I don't think they can dispense with the Golden Company, for the sake of Aegon/JonCon's invasion, so I think two sellsword companies total will max out the viewers' appetite for complexity.

That's what I was going to say. I think they'll keep it to one sellsword company initially, just to avoid confusing viewers, and then change the storyline up a little to have some or all of them turn their cloaks, then come back. It's simpler that way, because I don't think they can avoid having the Golden Company in the show, they're too relevant to the Aegon storyline.

Honestly, I usually object to a lot of the show changes, but I would be ok with only the second sons. Most of the Mereen storyline was bloated with unnecessary extra characters, it could use a little paring down.

Aeron I agree with his only contribution is the Kingmoot and you could just have that be Ironborn tradition.

but Quentyn leads to Dorne rethinking its alliance with Dany. that's kind of a major plot point..............and theyre going to need some action for Mereen.

Kingsmoot will be paired down to Euron, Victarion & "Yara".

I really think Quent could just exist offscreen at Yronwood. Dorne has original Arienne match with Viserys. After Viserys dies, Varys contacts Doran in secret about "Young Griff", but Doran is skeptical and bides his time. Somebody else releases Dany's dragons. POV eliminated. All the same stuff happens with Oberyn, Arienne, & Sandsnakes. Where's the problem?

Archived