Best wine in Westeros?

What makes Adelaide, France and Italy produce such great wine? What makes Germany produce such great beer?

Seems like the Arbor and Dorne have the best wine and some random in white harbour produced the best beer.

I prefer white, but I'm trying to recall if they ever mention white wines in Westeros. IIRC they only mention reds and blushes. I would probably say that Dornish wine is the best only becuase the Red Viper said so. Gotta follow the celebrity endorsement.

As far as I heard or read Arbor Gold is supposed to be so good, wonder what makes it better?

Everyone in the series kept mentioning that Dornish wine is supposed to be best. Summer wine I believed was mentioned to be delicious as well.

Arbor Gold.

A golden vintage of wine from the Arbor, rich and fruity

Considered to be one of the finest, expensive and highly sought after wines in all of Westeros.

Heavily restricted by climate and location; House Redwyne takes most of its' revenues from the global export of wine, the most profitable of which is Arbor Gold.

I prefer white, but I'm trying to recall if they ever mention white wines in Westeros. IIRC they only mention reds and blushes. I would probably say that Dornish wine is the best only becuase the Red Viper said so. Gotta follow the celebrity endorsement.

I interpreted Arbor Gold as a white, perhaps one of the yellow-tinged whites.

That said, I've drunk with way too many people who toss expensive liqueurs back and say, "Gee, not too much alcohol in it, is there?" to take public opinion as gospel when it comes to the "best" wine. Could very well be that the "best" is the one with the highest alcohol content.

(I homebrew, so there's that as well.)

Dornish red seems like the choice of drink for the lords in the kingdoms, that tells me it's probably a soft liquor.

The red viper intimated that it is much stronger than "lord Redwynes grape juice" I think he said.

As GRRm said in an interview, in medieval Europe the sweetest wines, what we would call desert wines, were the ones most sought after. Arbor gold is considered to be the finest wine in Westeros and among the finest in the world, so it is probably the sweetest wine in Westeros.

Archived