The most ridiculous moment of the series?

Ridiculous as in take you out of the action unbelievable? Or as you just smacked yourself in the face because the GRRM wrote a character so badly I actually moaned?

There haven't been too many of the first one, mabye that Ramsay made it this far doing the things Manderly has heard about. Seriously? Nobody with the balls to do anything heard about it? He is easily the most heinous guy in the books.

For sheer character stupidity, and, well, I will cast no aspersions at our beloved author, look no further than Quentyn Martell. He really thought he was going to take and steal a dragon or something? I still am not sure what his plan was because I didn't have the courage to reread that part.

To me nothing beats the collection of slavers mustache-twitching villains that plague the Slaver's Bay story line. From the yellow whale who was literally rotting from the inside to that other genius who came up with the brilliant idea to put an army of slaves in cuffs so they wouldn't run away during battle. Each guy is more ridiculous andd stupid than the last

To me nothing beats the collection of slavers mustache-twitching villains that plague the Slaver's Bay story line. From the yellow whale who was literally rotting from the inside to that other genius who came up with the brilliant idea to put an army of slaves in cuffs so they wouldn't run away during battle. Each guy is more ridiculous andd stupid than the last

Don't forget the baby and puppy murdering. Just in case someone can defend the murder of babies, GRRM decides to have them murder puppies too, for good measure.

Strange as it may seem, there have, in real life, been people who thought it was a good idea to chain their soldiers together, to prevent them from running away.

For sheer character stupidity, and, well, I will cast no aspersions at our beloved author, look no further than Quentyn Martell. He really thought he was going to take and steal a dragon or something? I still am not sure what his plan was because I didn't have the courage to reread that part.

Quentyn was definitely the Bertie Wooster of Mereen.

Strange as it may seem, there have, in real life, been people who thought it was a good idea to chain their soldiers together, to prevent them from running away.

The thing for me is no so much the chaining but that it was just another drop in a cup that was already full. The slavers are presented in a over the top excessiveness of ridiculousness and orientalism, with extreme mustache-twitching villain features such as the puppy and baby killing that Groat mentions. The fact that, with a couple exceptions such as the Green Grace, the whole lot of them seems to be right stupid lacking the cunning and abilities of some of our Westerosi villains doesn't help their case.

Aeron Greyjoy happily drinking seawater without getting ill.

Okay, I can buy the 'what is dead may never die' drowning part but honestly? Carrying a bottle of seawater around with you? What a thirst quencher!

OMG how did I forget this! Slaver's Bay stupidity is one thing - there are plenty of stupid and brutal people, but drinking seawater casually has to be the most ridiculous thing in the series.

Okay, I can buy the 'what is dead may never die' drowning part but honestly? Carrying a bottle of seawater around with you? What a thirst quencher!

He must be hammered all the time

This actually doesn't bother me as much because in one of his chapters Victarion mentioned that the priests only drink a swallow from time to time. So clearly is not as if they had replace fresh water with salt water. Also, Aeron carried that seawater bag not just as a thirst quencher but for blessing purposes such as when he greeted and blessed Theon at his return to the Iron Islands.

No Wodes appeared, nor any of their smallfolk, though some outlaws had taken shelter in the root cellar beneath the second brother's keep. One of them wore the ruins of a crimson cloak, but Jaime hanged him with the rest. It felt good. This was justice. Make a habit of it, Lannister, and one day men might call you Goldenhand after all. Goldenhand the Just.

Asha as the runaway bride, but that did not stop Euron on marrying her to Erik Anvilbreaker using a seal proxy. Not sure if the marriage was consumated, but many believed it was valid. The Ironborns always deliver the most ridiculous lol's.

Ridiculous, how? As in, badly written, stupid plotline-ridiculous? Or like, this character is fucking retarded-ridiculous?

Badly written/stupid plotline- Lady Stoneheart getting resurrected. Aegon appearing out of thin air.

This character is fucking retarded- Ned Stark confronting Cersei. Cat taking Tyrion prisoner. Dany ignoring basically every bit of good advice that everyone gives her, including, not taking the 13's ships and going to westeros, keeping pace with the column of foot, as suggested by Grey Worm. C'mon Dany, listen to Gray Worm. go back to westeros.

Don't forget the baby and puppy murdering. Just in case someone can defend the murder of babies, GRRM decides to have them murder puppies too, for good measure.

that part really felt forced, just there for the sake of some added cruelty, The whole Unsullied are pretty damn ridiculous, There is only so much punishment the human mind can take, a morbidly cruel education like that will not create these stone cold robot soldiers but mental wrecks who can snap at any moment.

Also ridiculous:

Tywin Lannister: I'm ungodly rich and can choose any sellsword company that I like why should I choose you?

Vargo Hoath: Fffwel I havethf aw pfhsyctfhoftic jestfjer andf-

Tywin Lannister: YOU'RE HIRED!

Archived