The most ridiculous moment of the series?

I'll also say the slavers in general are just silly. Unsullied creation process would end with very few fearless soldiers and very many emotional wrecks (not to mention I'm semi-curious to know what they do with all those 8 000 members... yuck). But the kicker are those absolutely ridiculous slaver companies that Quentyn witnesses in ADwD. They're so caricatural, gimmicky and stupid. I guess that was kinda the point, but if Essosi military sucks so much it's a wonder a well-trained force like the Golden Company hasn't carved an empire out of those utter fools.

Honorable mention goes to Cercei's silly plan to kill Robert actually working. There are a hundred ways this would have ended up with King Bob alive and well, if a bit too drunk, once back to King's Landing. But the plot wanted Robert to die so...

I'll also say the slavers in general are just silly. Unsullied creation process would end with very few fearless soldiers and very many emotional wrecks (not to mention I'm semi-curious to know what they do with all those 8 000 members... yuck). But the kicker are those absolutely ridiculous slaver companies that Quentyn witnesses in ADwD. They're so caricatural, gimmicky and stupid. I guess that was kinda the point, but if Essosi military sucks so much it's a wonder a well-trained force like the Golden Company hasn't carved an empire out of those utter fools.

Honorable mention goes to Cercei's silly plan to kill Robert actually working. There are a hundred ways this would have ended up with King Bob alive and well, if a bit too drunk, once back to King's Landing. But the plot wanted Robert to die so...

Totally, like those flamingo soldiers. Why would anyone in their right mind have their soldiers wear pink stilts and feathers. That's just ridiculous.

For me when that Unsullied went to a prostitute for a hug. Good grief.

:crying: This was so sad, though...

I always thought Asha allowing herself to be felt up by her brother--even if it was just to poke fun at him--upon their initial meeting after all those years was ridiculous. At the end of the day, Asha, who are you really punishing? Theon looked like a lascivious weirdo, but you...just got felt up by your brother. :dunno:

Totally, like those flamingo soldiers. Why would anyone in their right mind have their soldiers wear pink stilts and feathers. That's just ridiculous.

well...uhmmm FOR STEALTH!

history has shown however that things like this happened. That people let "honour" and "pride" get the better of them and costing them dearly. The Japanese in WW2 for example considered scouting cowardly and they attempted to charge the enemy with samuria swords and all "for he glory of our ancestors" and getting killed by machine gun fire as result.

I always thought Asha allowing herself to be felt up by her brother--even if it was just to poke fun at him--upon their initial meeting after all those years was ridiculous. At the end of the day, Asha, who are you really punishing? Theon looked like a lascivious weirdo, but you...just got felt up by your brother. :dunno:

I'm sure she secretly liked it. Asha is kinky just like that.

But yeah, the Slavers are just beyond ridiculous.

I personally think he was committing "suicide". The guy was struggling so much with the fact that he'd "soiled" his cloak and I guess the Queenmaking fiasco was the last straw.

Yeah, considering how often we hear people talk about dying in battle being an honour for a knight, it's a big thing in Westerosi culture. Like a Japanese warrior committing "hari kari"

For me when that Unsullied went to a prostitute for a hug. Good grief.

Why? I thought that was good writing, pretty sad. Is that that unbelievable?

I'm not really someone who reads very critically, but I think Tyrion has been put in very serious danger too many times. Also, how come he was such a badass fighter at the Blackwater? I thought the tv version was better, where he leads the men but doesn't go on some crazy killing rampage. I'm pretty sure he wasn't seriously trained in arms, plus, y'know, he's a dwarf (with other disabilities rather than just being short).

Do you not think could be put down to the mental Ironborn culture? Remember, she gets raped by Qarl and thinks "lol" basically.

Do you not think could be put down to the mental Ironborn culture? Remember, she gets raped by Qarl and thinks "lol" basically.

It's called roleplay.

Some people are into it, like Asha, it seems.

Ever had a hot dog?

But, yeah after hearing about the unsullied creation process alongside the whole slave children crucifixion that all of Dany's opponents became just became ridiculous and I stopped caring about her plot.

It's called roleplay.

Some people are into it, like Asha, it seems.

Hmm, maybe I need to re-read. I read it more like she genuinely wasn't up for it, but she found being overpowered sexy so got into it.

Thinking about the Unsullied, I think we should have a thread comparing ASOIAF with the Bible, seeing which has more ridiculous concepts. I'm sure there was a story in the Bible about someone being presented with two thousand foreskins.

The Darkstar line in my sig is like 50% tacky as fuck, but 50% cool as fuck :P

Really though, if someone said that to you, you would be like. Really? You're off the night? *cough* prick *cough*.

Thinking about the Unsullied, I think we should have a thread comparing ASOIAF with the Bible, seeing which has more ridiculous concepts. I'm sure there was a story in the Bible about someone being presented with two thousand foreskins.

Yeah, David presented them to Saul for his daughter's hand in marriage.(it might have only been 1000 through)

Really though, if someone said that to you, you would be like. Really? You're off the night? *cough* prick *cough*.

Especially if it was in the day.

Hmm, maybe I need to re-read. I read it more like she genuinely wasn't up for it, but she found being overpowered sexy so got into it.

Qarl was her long-time lover, I highly doubt she wasn't consenting.

How could I have forgotten about that...

Yeah, that line made me laugh out loud.

well...uhmmm FOR STEALTH!

history has shown however that things like this happened. That people let "honour" and "pride" get the better of them and costing them dearly. The Japanese in WW2 for example considered scouting cowardly and they attempted to charge the enemy with samuria swords and all "for he glory of our ancestors" and getting killed by machine gun fire as result.

Yeah but they didn't dress in pink feathers with slits or put their soldiers in chains. It was stupid tactics dictated by culture, not an utterly ridiculous dress choice.

If at least they had both fancy uniforms and good training (like, say, the Winged Hussars IRL), I would be OK. But everything points to Yunkai military basically being pimped out slaves who spend their time parading under the eyes of their incredibly cruel and evil masters. As I said, silly.

EDIT: and yeah, Asha's rough sex is completely consensual. I just re-read that passage and she wakes Qarl up for another go almost right after. She likes the role-playing is all.

Archived