[Book Spoilers] Robb Onscreen

a free shadow

I was reading up on stories about what people, who had not read the books, thought about the episode. One thing said repeatedly was that many of them do not have much interest in TV Robb, least of all an emotional involvment with the character.

Do you think it is getting to a point where it might affect how the RW scenes will be seen by general viewers? Do you think it has real potential to hurt their experience?

• 1 month later...

absolutely

the king in the north scene in season one was epic, and so was in the books: the difference is that book-KITN never stopped being cool and amazing, while tv-KITN has been turned into something boring and not very interesting, just a silly boy taking silly decisions

I was reading up on stories about what people, who had not read the books, thought about the episode. One thing said repeatedly was that many of them do not have much interest in TV Robb, least of all an emotional involvment with the character.

Do you think it is getting to a point where it might affect how the RW scenes will be seen by general viewers? Do you think it has real potential to hurt their experience?

No. I don't think so. There were book-readers that were annoyed/bored/uninterested and didn't care much about book!Robb too and still the RW affected them so it will be the same with viewers.

Out of 8 friends who watch the show with me: 2 absolutely love Robb, he's their favorite character even after all his mistakes, 1 never liked him and still not like him and the rest care about him enough to be devastated by his death just like they were for Ned's. They followed him for 3 season, they are interested in different degree in his journey and the RW will completely crush them. And I'm sure that there are lot of people like them.

absolutely

the king in the north scene in season one was epic, and so was in the books: the difference is that book-KITN never stopped being cool and amazing, while tv-KITN has been turned into something boring and not very interesting, just a silly boy taking silly decisions

I disagree, at this point in the books Robb was 'just a silly boy taking silly decisions' too.

Archived