[Book Spoilers] Tormund Giantsbane

Lord Pupo

What did you guys think Tormund's role will end up being? I really didn't like how they changed his personality, since for me he always was one of the funniest characters, and i was looking forward to seeing some "member" jokes.

Will this change anything relevant in the story, specially in the future "pact", since he always was fond of Jon to start with?

He's only been in one scene and only had a few lines. It's still early to claim that they changed his personality. But yea I hope they don't change him too. You're right, he really is one of the funniest characters.

I think the actor has a really good look, he's just way to young. He's supposed to have grown kids. I mean yeah, they had kids young back then but I always pictured him being at least as old as Mance. I would like to see more joviality from him but in that scene he was trying to be intimidating so I think there is still plenty of room for that aspect of his character.

I'm really concerned that they have him climbing the Wall though. How the hell are they going to resolve that without killing him off way too early?

I think the actor has a really good look, he's just way to young. He's supposed to have grown kids. I mean yeah, they had kids young back then but I always pictured him being at least as old as Mance. I would like to see more joviality from him but in that scene he was trying to be intimidating so I think there is still plenty of room for that aspect of his character.

I'm really concerned that they have him climbing the Wall though. How the hell are they going to resolve that without killing him off way too early?

He will probably be captured, not killed, and he might act as Jon's ambassador to the Wildlings, until they bring Val on the show. Hell, they might not even bring Val on the show, and Tormond might just have that role all together, as far as going out and finding the Wildlings for Jon after the battle and stuff.

Yeah, i guess it really is early to be wondering so much, i just got worried cause i like him so much lol. And i always feel some good comedy is nice to lighten up the mood sometimes in a series where so many are dying or losing limbs and family members.

That's true, i also felt that he looked kind of young. Maybe they won't even mention his kids or anything, to save more space, since the show is already kind of crowded.

He's a good actor but way too young, imo. I love the character Tormund but now I'm not so sure about TV show Tormund. Also, wasn't he climbing an ice wall ('the' Wall, I assume) in one of the trailers? Don't like it... :(

Archived