[TV/Book Spoilers] TWOP Unsullied Thread Part 3

Independent George

Season 3 is upon us, and we're over 400 posts, so I've taken the liberty of starting a new thread.

The Unsullied

Part 1

Part 2

Once again, THE RULES:

We do not

name any TWoP by his/her username.

We do not

accuse TWoP posters of being bookwalkers or otherwise being dishonest cheats. That constitutes 'gossiping' and 'talking behind their backs' about members of another website, and our mods will close us down for that. Who is or isn't a bookwalker over at TWoP is THEIR business, not ours.

We do not

air any beefs or grievances with the TWoP site here. If you've been banned from there, or think their policies are unfair or whatever your beef with them, take it up with them. Don't bring it here.

New posters to this thread

If you see another member here whinging and posting negative comments about their personal complaints against TWoP, or violating the above rules, report the post. Thank you.

Episode Index:

Episode 1-02: "The Kingsroad"

"All right, awesome episode!"

Episode 1-03: "Lord Snow"

"...it really does seem like Jon will be staying at the Wall"

Episode 1-04: "Cripples, Bastards, and Broken Things"

"That neck-lancing was about as accidental as Bran's bad window experience."

Episode 1-05: "The Wolf and the Lion"

"Not since the Galactica plummeted into the sky above New Caprica have I had a more, "Oh holy shit!!!" reaction to anything on TV..."

Episode 1-06: "A Golden Crown"

"I dislike Roz, mostly because we are continually seeing her naked and it's getting really boring."

Episode 1-07: "You Win or You Die"

Oh holy crow. Littlefinger, you son of a seven kingdom's prostitute, what have you done?

Episode 1-08: "The Pointy End"

"I do want Ned to survive tonight, just to watch him being Ned a little longer."

Episode 1-09: "Baelor"

"For all the discussion of Ned's foolish honor possibly being the death of him, to see him lie for his children was incredibly painful."

Episode 1-10: "Fire and Blood"

"Okay. HOT DAMN!"

Episode 2-01: "The North Remembers"

"Wow, Joffrey/Cersei is pulling a King Herod."

Episode 2-02: "The Night Lands"

"And...I think the theme of tonight's episode is "what has been seen cannot be unseen". Wishing for so much unseeing."

Episode 2-03: "What is Dead May Never Die"

"Oh noooooooooooooooooooooo - not my Yoren! Waaaah!"

Episode 2-04: "Garden of Bones"

"So what's this "brotherhood" that the torturers at Harrenhal keep mentioning all about?"

Episode 2-05: "The Ghost of Harrenhal"

"Now this time I'm absolutely positive they said Pig Shit. Twice, no less."

Episode 2-06: "The Old Gods and the New"

"So I guess it was either the spice king (heh) or the warlocks who took Dany's dragons."

Episode 2-07: "A Man Without Honor"

"Are those bodies meant to be Bran and Rickon?"

Episode 2-08: "The Prince of Winterfell"

"Well... that was interesting"

Episode 2-09: "Blackwater"

"Well now we know where the budget went"

Episode 2-10: "Valar Morghulis"

"Well crap."

Episode 3-01: "Valar Dohaeris"

"So did they cut something out of tonight's premiere?"

Episode 3-02: "Dark Wings, Dark Words"

"I can't figure out why they did it, though, or why they are torturing Theon."

Episode 3-03: "Walk of Punishment"

"And OUCH POOR JAIME."

Yay, come on, Show, bring on the mammoths!!

Then here are the two weird things that occurred to me: What kind of beasts have those tusks that seemed to be abundant in the Wildling camp? The giant was hammering some into the ground, Mance Raydar's tent is held up with the. Also, how does Mance Raydar know that Jon Snow is "Ned Stark's bastard".

I love when they talk about missing characters like Thorne, its usually pretty hilarious- which by the way can someone remind me when we actually see thorne again.

No idea if or when we'll see Thorne again in the show.

In the books, he had made it to King's Landing, but the zombie hand had rotted away--nobody would listen to him or believe his story about the Walkers

Re the spoiler tags, the only reason I'm using them here is because the OP forgot to include BOOK/TV SPOILERS in this thread's title. I've contacted him, he's offline right now, but as soon as he adds the warning in the title, we won't need to use annoying spoiler tags.

BTW, I haven't been following the previews that closely-- do we see the Queen of Thorns tonight?

Thanks, CoolOff, can't wait!

Some pretty good insight here, it never even occurred to me! (Bold type is mine)

Oh yeah... Mormont and company don't know about Winterfell being taken and burned, nor about the Ironman attacking everywhere. He's probably thinking that "the Stark in Winterfell" will rally the North to defend the Wall.

Maybe that's why there always has to be a Stark in Winterfell? That requirement had the ring of an almost religious requirement to it. Other lords can't be counted on to prioritize defending the Wall, but the Starks will/

No idea if or when we'll see Thorne again in the show.

In the books, he had made it to King's Landing, but the zombie hand had rotted away--nobody would listen to him or believe his story about the Walkers

Re the spoiler tags, the only reason I'm using them here is because the OP forgot to include BOOK/TV SPOILERS in this thread's title. I've contacted him, he's offline right now, but as soon as he adds the warning in the title, we won't need to use annoying spoiler tags.

Ok, couldn't update the title on Tapatalk, but I did manage to update it on my laptop, so spoil away!

Also, my original subtitle for this thread was "Hold on to your nipples", but that didn't seem to make it past moderation :cool4: :dunno:

Ok, couldn't update the title on Tapatalk, but I did manage to update it on my laptop, so spoil away!

Also, my original subtitle for this thread was "Hold on to your nipples", but that didn't seem to make it past moderation :cool4: :dunno:

Yay for the title edit, LOL for the nipples!

Ah,, but when in the books, SOS, earlier, or later. Almost feels like it should have happened by now if not soon.

Interesting discussion about when Benjen joined the watch and if he was the stark in winterfell when Ned was away. Can't recall the answer to that one either.

Uh...yeah. This guy is going to be disappointed.

Although on hindsight it's not *that* funny, I laughed pretty hard on someone calling Walder Frey "the bridge troll"

I personally believe that the 'Walk of Punishment' episode is going to feature some truly horrific and terrible mistreatment of slaves by the slaver, so that Dany (and the audience) will cheer when Drogon fries his ass. In the books, Astapor has the Gulf of Grief and the Plaza of Punishment--charming place! I trust D&D to have the slaver so horrify viewers that most will be 'Bring it, Drogon!'

As to the 'bridge troll', their nicknames for characters are one of the things I most enjoy about that thread. I call it here and now that they'll name Qyburn 'Maester Mengele.' Anybody got any ideas for what they'll come up with for Ramsay? He's just so... I can't even think of a nickname that would describe him. Anybody?

And now, countdown to the show. Seven minutes, six, five...

Yup, and BD + The Hound as well!

What the hell? if that's the case then they are really racing through that story arc.

For Ramsay's nickname, it'll be whatever torture instrument he uses first. A bit like Talissa's nickname is Florence Bonesaw. I wouldn't be surprised if he's pulling fingernails when first we meet.

And now the fun begins (or continues, I should say).

ebevan91 beat me to it--ANNND, now the fun begins!

So, we know that Bolton's bastard was at Winterfell before the Iron Islanders left, because they had it surrounded and were blowing the [damned] horn. The fact that they lied about that leads me to believe that the bastard sacked Winterfell. I can't figure out why they did it, though, or why they are torturing Theon.

ETA: The Unsullied's comment 'I can't figure how why.... they're torturing Theon' just took me back to the books those years ago--because, as it was going along, I couldn't figure out WHY, either. Kept thinking 'there's some... something behind this horror, some gigantic motivation I just don't know yet. Turned out, of course, it was just Ramsay's fun, that's all. Fun. Ramsay Bolton is, IMO, right there with Hannibal Lector in the 'what constitutes fun' sweepstakes.

I'm annoyed that it takes so long after the episode airs for them to comment on it. Lol, makes me impatient.

They're probably on their 2nd or 3rd viewing right now. They analyze the hell out of this stuff. I bet they take pages of notes.

Archived