[TV/Book Spoilers] TWOP Unsullied Thread Part 3

Independent George

I always thought the PW has to be a feast with a lot of preparation...(is a royal wedding after all) and it's the best opportunity to introduce the martells (as Tyrion goes to welcome the Red Viper when arriving at KL). The ideal for me is to start S4 with such preparations (the book even mention Cersei had have prepared an outrageous quantity of food when the city is starving) there´s a lot of things around the PW other than Joffrey's death to throw it all out in one episode of season 3 after the RW.

I maybe wrong but It think for the next season D&D would be ridden of a lot of characters (actors=budget) and free to introduce a lot new ones (Martells, Mace Tyrrell, etc) I can't Imagine a wedding without the father of the bride (this father of this bride)

good thinking:

MOREOVER, I have never trusted Bolton. I think it's interesting that all the other Northern lords were cast and makeup/wardrobed as jolly old men with funny white facial hair who like to drink and tell jokes. But Bolton is all slick like Littlefinger, a totally different style. If Robb falls out of favor, and with Winterfell gone, would Bolton be the next king in the north? Could he be working with the Bastard to overthrow Robb? But even if that is so, I don't see what asking strange questions lacking right answers of Theon would lead to.

I don't think they will attempt to fake out Arya's death. I'm not even certain the book intended to fake out Arya's death. It made absolutely zero sense for Clegane to kill Arya in that situation. If he wanted her dead (which it was obvious he didn't) he could have...done nothing. That would have pretty much guaranteed her death.

And rystine, why would Sandor club her if she was trying to escape. He could just help her escape. No need to club her in that situation. Only reason to club her is if things go down as they did in the book.

And as far as faking her death and keeping it that way until season 4...IMO that would be absolutely terrible.

I always thought the PW has to be a feast with a lot of preparation...(is a royal wedding after all) and it's the best opportunity to introduce the martells (as Tyrion goes to welcome the Red Viper when arriving at KL). The ideal for me is to start S4 with such preparations (the book even mention Cersei had have prepared an outrageous quantity of food when the city is starving) there´s a lot of things around the PW other than Joffrey's death to throw it all out in one episode of season 3 after the RW.

I don't want to get sidetracked, but none of those things are an absolute necessity. All of the common objections to the PW in S3 rely on the books as a template; there's no reason why things have to shake out exactly the same.

Cersei can be shown planning the wedding for several episodes leading up to the finale. The Red Viper's introduction can be pushed back and re-written, just as the Reeds were. The ceremony/feast doesn't need to happen the way it's described in the books (and frankly, I'd be relieved if they cut Penny) - they can start the episode with Joffrey thanking Tywin for his "wedding present", have a brief cut to his vows around 30 minutes in, with the feast at the close. It'd be strange for Mace Tyrell to be missing, but not inexplicable (maybe the roads in the Reach are flooded just as in the Riverlands; regardless, he's really a minor character that doesn't impact the story much).

S3 just makes thematic sense to me because of the thematic buildup of three consecutive weddings, and it closes a major story arc. It's a natural break point for Tyrion, Cersei, Margaery, and Sansa. It avoids having a buildup to the wedding in S3, only for the payoff to be in S4. It cuts Jack Gleeson and allows Sophie Turner to film in a single location in S4.

Anyway, I've seen other threads get derailed by this discussion, so I'd rather not dwell on this; we'll know in two months regardless.

Even if they don't get it beforehand, I suspect they'll immediately figure out the truth once the PW happens (unlike me; I actually thought Tyrion was guilty when he tipped over the chalice, and to this day I still don't understand why he did something so obvious).

I think Tyrion did it to protect Sansa, who may have seemed the first suspect in his mind.

Also interesting that the Idea of Tyrion marrying Sansa is floating around, but it's seen as positive for all of them (So it obviously can't happen :P)

One of the most recent posts now predicts (correctly) that neither Sansa nor Shae would like it, and Tyrion would probably not like it much either if Sansa was forced instead of willing.

Some of these people really don't like Jojen...

Yeah, I thought they were coming around, but then someone decided Jojen bewitched Summer and so passing Summer's sniff test isn't enough to establish trust. Lets hope the do the oath. Osha should force them to swear an oath to Bran, clearly she's still suspicious of them even though Bran and Summer have accepted them.

Some of these people really don't like Jojen...

I think by this point in the story, they've learned to mistrust every new character until proven otherwise. After 2+ seasons of constant betrayals, lies, plots and counter-plots, murder, incest, rape, etc, they see someone new and seemingly innocuous and they're all like 'uh-huh, yeah, right--I don't believe a freakin' word of it--what're you REALLY up to?' Which, for me anyway, is hilariously fun.

I am almost scared to ask, but what is a TWoP ?

please forgive my ignorance :(

Its a website called Television Without Pity- we have great fun following the 'Completely Unspoiled' thread there because those are dedicated TV watchers who love to speculate and guess about every single detail of the series--they have not read the books and so have no idea what's coming next, but they're very smart. PS: You cannot post in that thread if you have read the books, otherwise, you will be banned from the site.

televisionwithoutpity.com

This is the thread we're discussing:

http://forums.televisionwithoutpity.com/index.php?showtopic=3204374&pid=15649210&st=4740&#entry15649210

Its a website called Television Without Pity- we have great fun following the 'Completely Unspoiled' thread there because those are dedicated TV watchers who love to speculate and guess about every single detail of the series--they have not read the books and so have no idea what's coming next, but they're very smart. PS: You cannot post in that thread if you have read the books, otherwise, you will be banned from the site.

televisionwithoutpity.com

This is the thread we're discussing:

http://forums.televi...

Thank you !

Thank you !

You're quite welcome. Welcome to the board and to this thread.

HAHA... :devil:

He can play anything perfectly, but I don't want my beautiful Simon memories tainted by the kind of brain-bleach-requiring horror that the 'evil' people on this show are capable of.

Stock up on the brain-bleach, peeps! Warehouses full of it!

Oh sweet summer childs discussing Ramsay... if you knew... if you knew...

Cant wait for seing more Theon scenes ! And the flaying, and the flaying ! We will get there ! And they will hate it !

Sweet summer childs will learn to pity Theon... oh, they will learn !

One of my friends (who only watches the show but knows what will become of Reek still think it is deserved by Theon) will learn too to pity him once we get there... the flaying !

As for Jojen, well I really want the oath ! Only then will they trust the Reeds as we do.

A bit of a side topic, but in the 'Walk of Punishment' preview thread, someone said its posted on Tumblr that Theon will be raped/sexually assaulted in this coming episode> Good God, if that's true, we'll surely lose some of the Unsullied. Anybody else heard that about Tumblr? I don't follow it, hadn't heard any such thing until now. :ack:

A bit of a side topic, but in the 'Walk of Punishment' preview thread, someone said its posted on Tumblr that Theon will be raped/sexually assaulted in this coming episode> Good God, if that's true, we'll surely lose some of the Unsullied. Anybody else heard that about Tumblr? I don't follow it, hadn't heard any such thing until now. :ack:

One of the mods at WiC got screeners, and apparently Theon nearly gets raped by the men chasing him down, but he is saved at the last moment by 'Boy'. So they don't quite go there. It sounds like the scene in Season 2 when Sansa nearly got raped during the riot, except for Theon his rescuer doesn't have nearly as pure motives as the Hound.

EDIT: I edited to include spoiler tags. I apologise for any offense caused.

One of the mods at WiC got screeners, and apparently Theon nearly gets raped by the men chasing him down, but he is saved at the last moment by 'Boy'. So they don't quite go there. It sounds like the scene in Season 2 when Sansa nearly got raped during the riot, except for Theon his rescuer doesn't have nearly as pure motives as the Hound.

Thanks--I'm sure its gonna be horrifying scene, nonetheless. (I keep having visions of 'Deliverance')

Archived