Minor Characters Who Will Come Through

The Tyrels certainly have a bigger part to play- Willas as an intelligent man may have hatched the strategy with Ser Lloras to defeat the Ironborn who are threatening Highgarden...that would be if people believe the theroy that Lloras isn't actually dying. Maybe, to put it in a very apt quote for Lloras, he will take his ships around the back of the Ironborn and 'fuck them in their arses' ;)

Gendry and Edric Dayne

Was just thinking about this the other day and hoping I'd find something on it here

Also Benjen Stark, GRRM would definitely have shown his body if he was really dead, hope he has something to do with saving the wall while Jon is out of action (who I don't think is dead, I read somewhere that nobody has died in their own POV chapter except Catelyn, and we know how long that lasted)

Jason Mallister. In the war of the usurper, he killed 3 of Rhaegars bannermen, and in the greyjoy rebellion he killed Rodrik Greyjoy, who was Balon's eldest son. So far he hasnt done anything major in the war of the five kings, so it can only be a matter of time. I hope that him, The Blackfish and Tytos Blackwood (the only river lords who refused to yield after the red wedding) will team up and do something incredibly badass.

My boy Jason is locked up in his own castle after Black Walder had his son on a Gibbet like Ser Ryman Frey did with Edmure.

And he is PISSED!

Out of all of the river lords Mallister men barely did any fighting, so is assume they are fresh and numerous (well if the Freys didn't take them)

I hope his household frees him and his son. Teaming up with the Blackfish is all the better.

I agree with most of the posts and I won't repeat all the names that have already been named so I will simply add one:

Elder Brother from the Quiet Isle....

The whole Quiet Isle set up was for a reason that has yet to unfold.

He used to be a knight, has many of Rhaeger's rubies...there's something major brewing there

Mya Stone and Gendry

Mya because she is awesome and suffered from unrequited love, and for those of us that know, it sucks. Also, the girl is part goat, skipping along those mountains! That's survival right there..

And Gendry, well mostly just a hunch (and I like everyone who's agreeing with me :D)

• 3 weeks later...

This is a thread to discuss seemingly secondary or even "throwaway" characters who you think will end up doing something big down the line, good or bad. So this isn't about guys like Howland Reed, whose eventual impact is pretty well foreshadowed, or even Galbart Glover and Maege Mormont, who have Chekov's Will.

I will start by nominating Robett Glover. Most of the Rickon-Davos plot analysis centers on Manderly and what his motive is, but it looks like Robett is pretty involved too. He likely has fingers in multiple pies: His wife and kids were Asha's hostages; he's privy to Davos's mission; and he probably knows the contents of Robb's will.

I think it's interesting that we see Robett in White Harbor and then hear or see nothing of him after. I'm wondering if he isn't "hanging back," hiding in the storm with reinforcements "behind" (for lack of a better word) Winterfell, ready to strike if it looks like a fight will break out. There's also the possibility that he's doing work with Manderly's navy for some purpose.

I'll also toss up Aurane Waters, whose turn to piracy will, I suspect, end up having some impact on travel in the Narrow Sea.

Oh Satin for sure. As someone suggested he may even be the perfumed seneschal. There is a reason GRRM is spending so much currency on him. AND he is from Oldtown - where the Citadel is. Where they dont want anything to do with magic or dragons. He's more than he appears I suspect.

I just remembered a very minor character, Tyrek Lannister. The kid's been missing for quite some time, really, I can't help but wonder what he's up to.

Yes quite fishy. Jaime mulling on Varys possible involvement in the bread riot and Tyrek's disappearance and our knowledge of Varys' real agenda makes this either a massive misdirect or a hint.

I wonder if Gerrick Kingsblood will have any impact on the story? I mean he boasts of being a descendent of Raymun Redbeard, even though this isnt the case. He has his three daughters married to Axell Florent, Brus Buckler and Malegorn of Redpool thus allying himself with Queen Selyse. He has her support as the King-Beyond-the-Wall. I suppose its possible that he will be opposed to the Mance/Tormund "faction" and that his loyalty might lie with Queen Selyse etc, rather then with Jon.

Bonnifer Hasty, he is occupying Harrenhal. The guy is an incredibly devote worshipper of the seven, also his first love was Dany's mother. He is going to turn his cloak for Dany or Aegon, maybe both.

Ser Willis Wode, I noticed him during a re-read. Loyal to house Whent,he is one of the few people to survive Catelyn's expedition to the Vale, and the entire time he (along wiith Roderick Cassel and Bronn) gives Catelyn sound advice. Of the three men who advise Catelyn, he is the only one we never hear from again.

Archived