R+L=J v.46

Black Crow

Hint: a Martell's user manual wouldn't be very helpful ;)

Hahaha and that's why I love the Martells, they're my favorite overall house, I love the Dornish! "Unbowed, unbent, unbroken"-definition of a badass phrase for a house. I've been secretely lobbying for Jon Snow to marry Arianne even though I know there's probably not a shot in hell of that ever happening lol...Oh well one can dream. :ohwell:

Hahaha and that's why I love the Martells, they're my favorite overall house, I love the Dornish! "Unbowed, unbent, unbroken"-definition of a badass phrase for a house. I've been secretely lobbying for Jon Snow to marry Arianne even though I know there's probably not a shot in hell of that ever happening lol...Oh well one can dream. :ohwell:

Maybe that's part of the reason people want him to be Ashara's. That, and a badass sword he might or might not ever touch anyway.

I would take the Martells over the Tyrells, and theres always Elia Sand............. :D

If you want to see badass, and potentially scary, just mozy over to Black Crows Heresy thread on the Starks and the North, (okay, I'm team Stark), but if what is supsected is true, they have quite an arsenal of skeletons in those closets to combat anything the Targaryens have, so all the more reason for the balance of two extremes of bloodlines.

And "Winter is Coming" as a war cry is pretty chilling, (pardon the pun).

Lol I'm Team Stark too. I recommend everybody checkout BC's Heresy threads. The Heretics have several solid theories that will blow your mind. But the thing is, they're probably right or very close to it.

And one thing is for certain, they've nailed down many of the mythologies Martin has used for inspiration for the Ice and Fire part of the story.

So for all that and more, check out the Heresy threads :)

I would take the Martells over the Tyrells, and theres always Elia Sand............. :D

Haha very true and she's a lot closer to Jon's age, also I think Jon would be drawn to her wildness as she would probably remind him of Arya in a non creepy way of course lol. Does anybody else agree that Arya would love/be a perfect fit with the Sand Snakes?

Haha very true and she's a lot closer to Jon's age, also I think Jon would be drawn to her wildness as she would probably remind him of Arya in a non creepy way of course lol. Does anybody else agree that Arya would love/be a perfect fit with the Sand Snakes?

Yes, I do! I could totally see Arya galloping around Dorne with Lady Lance :)

Also- do you envision Ashara Dayne to be of that same spirit? I do, which would go some way towards explaining why Ashara and Lyanna might have hit it off, in spite of the earlier Ashara-Elia connection.

Lol I'm Team Stark too. I recommend everybody checkout BC's Heresy threads. The Heretics have several solid theories that will blow your mind. But the thing is, they're probably right or very close to it.

And one thing is for certain, they've nailed down many of the mythologies Martin has used for inspiration for the Ice and Fire part of the story.

So for all that and more, check out the Heresy threads :)

And I love your posts there.

I am not as familiar with some of the more indepth Norse, or Celtic myths, so I have to say that I learn a lot especially when making the connections.

I'm a little more familar with Native American lore on nature, balance, and wolves who are generally seen in a very positive light as caretakers and guardians, so hence my love for the Starks, who are as endangered now as the wolves. :(

My favorite story is about the Grandfather who tells his grandson that every man has two wolves inside him, both good and evil, and the grandson asks his grandfather which one prevails, and he tells him, the one you feed.

And NON-creepy is the important part, lol, and Elia Sand besides being the allegorical tale of Lyanna and the KotLT, embodies both "mom" and Arya, but again, in a non-dysfunctional relationship kind of way. ^_^

Arya+Elia Sand= BFF :thumbsup:, as well as the rest of the Sand Snakes, and poor Arianne would be RIPPING her hair out.

Also- do you envision Ashara Dayne to be of that same spirit? I do, which would go some way towards explaining why Ashara and Lyanna might have hit it off, in spite of the earlier Ashara-Elia connection.

Yes, I can see that.

I've always thought it odd there that there was no contemporary of Lyannas to speak on her behalf. Was it you who suggested that Lyanna might have been the "Stark" Ashara turned to?

As an aside, I've often wondered as the gossip meandered through the Dayne family, if Darkstar doesn't know the truth, or know something about Jon.

He's in his late twenties, so he would have been around eleven,or twelve around the time of the rebellion I think.

Yes my thoughts exactly! It's such a shame that these two kingdoms are so far apart because the ladies of these kingdoms seem to have a lot in common. Lyanna was said to be a very skillful rider and we all know that Dorne is famous for having the fastest horses in Westeros, so i'm sure Lyanna and Ashara hit it off on that subject. Also Arya, like Lyanna is said to be a skilled rider as well and we know from the second Arianne sample chapter of WOW that Elia Sand is the same way... Man I really hope Arya somehow gets introduced to the Dornish.

Yes, I can see that.

I've always thought it odd there that there was no contemporary of Lyannas to speak on her behalf. Was it you who suggested that Lyanna might have been the "Stark" Ashara turned to?

As an aside, I've often wondered as the gossip meandered through the Dayne family, if Darkstar doesn't know the truth, or know something about Jon.

He's in his late twenties, so he would have been around eleven,or twelve around the time of the rebellion I think.

That wasn't me but I've seen it around pretty recently. I tend to think it was Ned, in a platonic sense. But here's a thought- is there any interpretation that would allow for Barristan to be referring to House Stark? Probably not, but it would make so much sense.

Darkstar may well have a less confused POV than Edric, since he was at least alive at the time. Also, a route from ToJ to Starfall would conceivably go right past High Hermitage. Who knows what he may have seen?

And I love your posts there.

I am not as familiar with some of the more indepth Norse, or Celtic myths, so I have to say that I learn a lot especially when making the connections.

I'm a little more familar with Native American lore on nature, balance, and wolves who are generally seen in a very positive light as caretakers and guardians, so hence my love for the Starks, who are as endangered now as the wolves. :(

My favorite story is about the Grandfather who tells his grandson that every man has two wolves inside him, both good and evil, and the grandson asks his grandfather which one prevails, and he tells him, the one you feed.

And NON-creepy is the important part, lol, and Elia Sand besides being the allegorical tale of Lyanna and the KotLT, embodies both "mom" and Arya, but again, in a non-dysfunctional relationship kind of way. ^_^

Arya+Elia Sand= BFF :thumbsup:, as well as the rest of the Sand Snakes, and poor Arianne would be RIPPING her hair out.

Yes, I can see that.

Well thank you. What exactly do you like about my posts? I kinda just post random thoughts that I think of while reading posts and posting about some mythologies. I'm glad I'm doing something right :)

That wasn't me but I've seen it around pretty recently. I tend to think it was Ned, in a platonic sense. But here's a thought- is there any interpretation that would allow for Barristan to be referring to House Stark? Probably not, but it would make so much sense.

Darkstar may well have a less confused POV than Edric, since he was at least alive at the time. Also, a route from ToJ to Starfall would conceivably go right past High Hermitage. Who knows what he may have seen?

Thats a good point.

Instead of one particular person, she may have turned to Stark as a collective, though I'm still of the mind that Brandon has something to do with it. :uhoh:

Well thank you. What exactly do you like about my posts? I kinda just post random thoughts that I think of while reading posts and posting about some mythologies. I'm glad I'm doing something right :)

You seem to be very knowledgeable about the subject of the different mythologies, and perhaps because you are, what seems random to you, is a new thing for someone else, because it comes so natural to you, so yeah, keep it up. :D

Thats a good point.

Instead of one particular person, she may have turned to Stark as a collective, though I'm still of the mind that Brandon has something to do with it. :uhoh:

I was always firmly of the opinion that Brandon was the father of Ashara's child, until Mtn Lion got me on the fence with the Aerys possibility. Now I'm a waverer :P

I was always firmly of the opinion that Brandon was the father of Ashara's child, until Mtn Lion got me on the fence with the Aerys possibility. Now I'm a waverer :P

And I don't disagree with that either.

I think if the dishonor was actual rape, it was Aerys, but if it was a seduction with no future, then I think it was Brandon. And thats not to say he may not have fallen for Ashara, (I don't want to be too unfair until we get more info. on Brandon), but he wouldn't be able to break a betrothal.

So, I'll "waver" with you.. :laugh:

It seems to be a very common thing for everyone who references Barristan's lines to change "looked" to "turned". The line as written has legal connotations, looking for justice. The use of the single reference "Stark" implies house Stark, instead of a single person. I am wondering if Barristan thought that as a Kingsguard he could have offered a better chance at justice than House Stark could.

Thats a good point.

You seem to be very knowledgeable about the subject of the different mythologies, and perhaps because you are, what seems random to you, is a new thing for someone else, because it comes so natural to you, so yeah, keep it up. :D

Oh :P I've been doing a crash course in several mythologies lately because I plan to eventually write my own series. I basically just post when I find something interesting. Soon I'll redo everything and take notes. Eventually I'll write some good sized essays on a few different mythologies and hopefully a new angle on some of the connections. But really I've just been reading web pages the past few weeks so if I'm knowledgeable, you can be too very soon :)

ETA: I know with my crazy my mind I definitely bring a new angle and maybe I make some connections others wouldn't. That's pretty much my goal. To help as much as possible and have fun with theories and figuring out TWOW/ADOS before they're released :P

I liked the Stark being Lyanna at first, it seems very Martin-y for it to be a woman when you're looking for a man, but I think Barristan was clearly thinking of a male as his whole line of thought is competition for Ashara.

I also think that the fact that we get more coenciding information on Brandon, and then more from Barristan on Ashara in the same book might be another clue perhaps linking them together in another tragic story, but also giving a justification for Ashara turning to Stark, for who else, or what family could the Starks help her with other than one of their own? :dunno:

Oh :P I've been doing a crash course in several mythologies lately because I plan to eventually write my own series. I basically just post when I find something interesting. Soon I'll redo everything and take notes. Eventually I'll write some good sized essays on a few different mythologies and hopefully a new angle on some of the connections. But really I've just been reading web pages the past few weeks so if I'm knowledgeable, you can be too very soon :)

ETA: I know with my crazy my mind I definitely bring a new angle and maybe I make some connections others wouldn't. That's pretty much my goal. To help as much as possible and have fun with theories and figuring out TWOW/ADOS before they're released :P

Well, good for you, and good luck! :)

I never try to be insincere in praise, but my great Granfather used to say that it took as much energy to tell people what their doing right, as to tell them what their doing wrong, so I try and practice the praise.

Look forward to your updates. :cheers:

Archived