[Book Spoilers] EP302 Discussion

Ran

I felt like going "YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!" throughout the episode. YAY Jaime and Brienne! YAY the Reeds! YAY direwolves! YAY the Sansa scene with the Tyrells! YAY Mance! YAY Arya and Hot Pie and Gendry! YAY Thoros! etc.

One thing, though - isn't it a bit too soon for the Sansa-Tyrell conversation? They really are rushing her escape plot, but I still don't see how that can happen without the Purple Wedding, and how the PW could happen this season.

I keep finding myself confused as to what exactly they are doing with Catelyn Stark on the show. First, she's much more lovable than on the books, then they make her unbearable, and now she prayed for Jon Snow's life? I can't see book!Catelyn doing that, but, hey, still a touching scene so, not complaining.

That was just awful. The Bran, Arya and Jaime scenes were good, and the Sansa/Olenna/Margaery scene was amazing. But that's it. The rest was really boring. The Catelyn/Talisa scene was absolutely horrible. It felt like badly written fanfiction.

The best bit about the episode was the preview at the end because of that short glimpse of Daenerys. The episode really suffered without her IMO.

Very good episode. Pretty clever to keep Theon around by having him toyed with my Ramsay. I also like the "character assassination" of Cat. It does keep with the grimness of Cat in ASoS.