[Book Spoilers] EP302 Discussion

Ran

Everything was perfect minus Shea. So really no complaints at all from me as I can just tune her out. Loved the Queen of Thorns and it's always good to see the Hound. Also Howland Reed was spoken about and that gives me goosebumps.

Great ep all around. Loved Lady Olenna so much! NIce to see the Hound back as well. The intro of the Reed kids was just perfect. I agree, the Catelyn scene stunk. I'll give them the benefit of the doubt that they put that in to setup something else later on, but really didn't care for it one bit.

Everything was perfect minus Shea. So really no complaints at all from me as I can just tune her out. Loved the Queen of Thorns and it's always good to see the Hound. Also Howland Reed was spoken about and that gives me goosebumps.

I agree, outstanding Episode, definitely building toward many things this season.

Lord Karstark, "This war was over the moment you married her."

Karstark complaining about the defection of The Frey men, also it seems Robb has lost the cause of some in the Riverlands.

That was just awful. The Bran, Arya and Jaime scenes were good, and the Sansa/Olenna/Margaery scene was amazing. But that's it. The rest was really boring. The Catelyn/Talisa scene was absolutely horrible. It felt like badly written fanfiction.

The best bit about the episode was the preview at the end because of that short glimpse of Daenerys. The episode really suffered without her IMO.

The fanfic part is so true. Cat doesn't like Jon, right? That's how I took it from the books. Pretty good episode beside that.

Yep that was Ramsay, see how he signaled to what appeared to be, "Skinner" and they left. Ramsay is having some fun with Theon. No Kyra though . .

With the huge rumor that Iwan Rheon is Ramsay, it's safe to say it's Ramsay. I did say in an earlier post he's letting him out to play his game. He does love his chase. :[

Had to laugh at the sound of the Internet exploding over Catelyn's speech to Talisa. Honestly, I don't know how I feel about it. Is it out of character? Sure. I can't envision Cat ever admitting to guilt over Jon. But, hell, show!Cat never followed through on her guilt. I think, at our core, humans always realize when they're jealous and bitter, though we would never actually admit to it -- we'd stand firm on a foundation of self righteousness. So, while out of character, I don't necessarily think it's an absolute travesty for Cat to admit to feeling guilty at one point -- an innocent babe was about to die after she had wished for it. The babe didn't die, so she was all "Lulz, that was close...I'ma go back to hating you now."

uhhhg ...the Shea scenes are just unbearable....cat going on about wanting to love Jon but couldn't.....eeesh.....the scenes with the wolves and Bran and the Reeds are pretty excellent ....so now we know it will be Bran who will reveal Jon's parentage....Jojen already saw his fathers memories....nice......

Had to laugh at the sound of the Internet exploding over Catelyn's speech to Talisa. Honestly, I don't know how I feel about it. Is it out of character? Sure. I can't envision Cat ever admitting to guilt over Jon. But, hell, show!Cat never followed through on her guilt. I think, at our core, humans always realize when they're jealous and bitter, though we would never actually admit to it -- we'd stand firm on a foundation of self righteousness. So, while out of character, I don't necessarily think it's an absolute travesty for Cat to admit to feeling guilty at one point -- an innocent babe was about to die after she had wished for it. The babe didn't die, so she was all "Lulz, that was close...I'ma go back to hating you now."

That last bit you just said made me dislike Catelyn even more. I always disliked her to begin with but I was like jeez, woman, make up your damn mind.

Agreed. I think she regretted what she said to Jon in the book but would never admit it publicly. It's possible she had these feelings about Jon over the course of 15+ years. It's a long time for something like that to have crossed her mind. But believing that her treatment of Jon Snow is the reason for all her ills? That I'm not buying.

I know there is going to be another thread about this but I'm not sure what the outrage on CAT is about she basically couldn't followthrough on her promise to herself that she would be nicer to Snow. It makes her sympathetic and unsympathetic at the same time-which I think is a good thing.

On a side note, nothing to add to the talisa is a traitor theory from this episode. Plus all the new characters were awesome Orell, QOT, Thoros, Anguy, Jojen, meera, locke -none of them dissappointed for me at all.

Lastly its crazy how much older Sansa Arya and Bran look this year.