[Book Spoilers] EP302 Discussion

Ran

I agree, outstanding Episode, definitely building toward many things this season.

Lord Karstark, "This war was over the moment you married her."

Karstark complaining about the defection of The Frey men, also it seems Robb has lost the cause of some in the Riverlands.

Don't forget Anguy being sufficiently badass.

I also thought the guy who freed Theon was really Ramsay Snow.

Fair to assume he'll confess that Bran and Rickon are alive and the show will add some drama to Bran's story line by having his group hide from the Boltons, maybe even split up?

I really enjoyed the episode, I mean there are amazing scenes and a couple of bad scenes, so in all I like it. Best scenes so far Queen of Thorns and Sansa,(loved how Diana Riggs managed to give her the acid sense of humour, without being too Maggie Smith) and of course Jaime and Brienne - loved his lines!! I was surprised to see the Reeds, but liked the scenes. Very happy also to see Arya, Hot Pie and Gendry and the prize was the brotherhood. So far so good, but Shae kills me. I mean her scenes are so painful to watch!! The other very strange scene was Cat's one about Jon, I really don't know what they are going to do with her at the moment. It was very, very strange to see Cat saying those lines.

loved it. no complaints at all. i cringed when bolton came in just when talisa and robb were hugging. and they've blatantly stated that the marriage will be the reason they lose the war. rw all set up!

the warging was weird. and i really don't like ygritte. sigh. didn't like her in the books either. theon was great and i cringed again. the wimp in me hopes they don't show too much. felt like a horror movie.

sansa and the queen of thorns were wonderful. brienne and jaime were good although i question how likely it is that she could beat jaime so easily.

i LOLed at joff telling his mom to fuck off nicely but felt thoroughly uneasy at margaery playing with joff's crossbow. yikes! she seems to have seduced him completely.

sansa, shae and tyrion. still think they're going to have shae betray tyrion because of jealousy but i think she will do her best to help sansa.

was that everything? oh yeah, cat. so yeah, i have some thoughts on why they wrote this that i posted in the interview with michelle. i'm sure it will cause all sorts of commotion.

and then it ends with arya, thoros and the hound. just lovely. absolutely lovely.

Fair to assume he'll confess that Bran and Rickon are alive and the show will add some drama to Bran's story line by having his group hide from the Boltons, maybe even split up?

Yeah they've got to split up Bran and Rickon at some point. Avoiding searchers would be a good reason.

Yeah that was Iwan. Looks like he will be getting an excellent intro. BTW does anyone else think Thoros was just trolling singing Rains?

i'm thinking Bolton already knows the truth about Bran and rickon....being that the iron men who gave up theon filled him in on the details.....just speculation

‘If truth be told, even our claim to Highgarden is a bit dodgy, just as those dreadful Florents are always whining. "What does it matter," you ask, and of course it doesn't, except to oafs like my son. The thought that one day he might see his grandson with his arse on the Iron Thronemakes Mace puff up like ... now, what do you call it? Margaery, you're clever, be a dear and tell your poor old half-daft grandmother the name of that queer fish from the Summer Isles that puffs up to ten times its own size when you poke it.'

'They call them puff fish, Grandmother.'

'Of course they do, Summer Islanders have no imagination. My son ought to take the puff fish for his sigil, if truth be told. He could put a crown on it, the way the Baratheon do their stag, perhaps that would make him happy. We should have stayed well out of all this bloody foolishness if you ask me, but once the cow's been milked there's no squirting the cream back up her udder. After Lord Puff Fish put that crown on Renly's head, we were into the pudding up to our knees, so here we are to see things through. And what do you say to that, Sansa?'

Sansa's mouth opened and closed. She felt rather like a puff fish herself.[1]

Why was this not in there ):

I don't get the outrage over the Cat/Jon thing. Like we all realize she was a huge bitch to him his whole life, right?

Her little commentary wasn't the writers pinning all the stark misfortune on her actions, it was the miserable ramblings of a woman who has essentially lost all of her children and husband, and now is reflecting about everything she could've done differently and projecting her "failures" unfairly on the whole situation.

She wasn't anything to Jon his entire life. She didn't have anything to do with him. Since she doesn't actually owe him anything, nor is she expected to, she hasn't really done anything wrong except from a modern perspective that has markedly different values than her society and upbringing imparted to her.

Don't forget Anguy being sufficiently badass.

Anguy was GREAT! I didnt expect Anguy to be that great.

Ramsay was the one going "Ill be back tonight." I still think hes too pretty to be Ramsay....

And Hot Pie looked like Hot Pie. (i actually said this out loud)

Hound entrance made my mum go "oh my fuck." So yeah. That was a good set up there.

Cat scene. What? Just... what? I am Florina and i do not approve this change. One whit.

Reeds Reeds Reeds Reeds! I love em!

Olenna <33

LOL.This episode was much better then last week and it was due to not having it be about Dany.

:)

Edited by Florina Stark