[Book Spoilers] EP302 Discussion

Ran

Long thread, haven't read it all, but did anyone else notice that Thoros took Arya to the Crossroads Inn? I can't tell if it's actually the same place Cat and Tyrion were at in Season 1, or just built to look the same, but I'm positive it was intentional nonetheless.

Long thread, haven't read it all, but did anyone else notice that Thoros took Arya to the Crossroads Inn? I can't tell if it's actually the same place Cat and Tyrion were at in Season 1, or just built to look the same, but I'm positive it was intentional nonetheless.

If that was indeed the crossroads inn, the bwb are not the smartest people around. Who thought it was a good idea to bring their prisoner, who happens to be the AWOL royal bodyguard, into a crowded inn where anyone could spot them? On the other hand, everyone there seemed to support the bwb, so I guess there's no harm done

Here is our review.

I'm reading a lot of hating because there are changes. There has to be changes! George RR Martin accepts it and so should we !

Most of the changes are great too. My favourite scene was Cat talking about Jon Snow.

Queen of Thorns is great and I love Diana Rigg.

to aryas defense, the scene kinda put things in perspective and explained why she chose the names that she did, without actually using words to explain it to the audience:

Gendry, being Older than Arya, was able to see the bigger picture and see that big picture wise, she could have picked much better people for jaquen to kill, while arya who is much younger acted short-sighted to get out of the trouble she faced at the time (he got us out of harrenhall!). She did plan to Name tywin as third though, but since he was gone she cleverly used her last name to get them out of harrenhall.

i loved how Gendry made fun of Arya for not naming Tywin Lannister and Joffery to Jaqen. that was something many viewers where kinda distracted by, and it was nice of the writers to acknowledge that in the show.

I know! I remember in the book when Arya was watching them (Tywin & army) leave Harrenhal she was kicking herself about it. I guess it would have just been too easy though. And nothing is easy in GRRM's world!

Why Bolton even Robb seems not to trust him and yet he leaves him harrenhal one of the toughest castles in Westeros !!!

Is there any indication that Robb mistrusts Roose?

Edited by protar

i loved how Gendry made fun of Arya for not naming Tywin Lannister and Joffery to Jaqen. that was something many viewers where kinda distracted by, and it was nice of the writers to acknowledge that in the show.

True and cercei bout tyrion's nose, it would have been too gruesome if they cut it off, I personally don't wanna see a whole in his face for an entire hour much less the rest of the series.

in the show, Roose has been very good at establishing Robbs trust. We almost always see him by Robbs side, giving him loyal advice and he has been seemingly very acceptive of Talisa from the start (in S2 he refers to her as "My Lady" with a sincere tone) and in this episode he called her "my queen".

I'm sure that i read it somewhere .. It's that or he feels uneasy around him

That may very well be the case, but it would be an oversimplification of the concept of "trust." As of yet, there's no indication that Robb doesn't, or even shouldn't, trust Roose in regards to Roose's loyalty as Robb's bannerman. You don't have to necessarily like someone to trust them, although we, with the benefit of having read ahead, know that the trust is ultimately misplaced.

"Trust" is a funny thing in the context of ASOIAF/GoT. It's not a simple matter of "character X is trustworthy" and "character Y isn't trustworthy", it's heavily dependent on context and motivations, and misreading that provides the downfall of many characters (Ned Stark, for one, who completely misreads Littlefinger's motivations). So for the skilled "players" the question isn't who is "trustworthy" in the abstract, but rather what you can trust any given individual with, and for what reason.